The total positive topic on what you like in KS6.66

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Re: The total positive topic on what you like in KS6.66

Post by Mobius » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:45 am

I skipped lava in KS2 because in my mind it's a specialty terrain that I almost never need in our gaming, and yet I'm backing this project. Why?

This is honestly the best-looking terrain I've seen yet from DF, and that's saying a lot. The glowing lava is a brilliant idea, and it looks absolutely amazing.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 am

So much to like! Where to begin?

I like the look of the pieces - the sculpt and paint on the lava is just great and looks beautiful.

I like the prices. Yes, it’s possible to drop a lot of $$ here and the top pledge is high (still smaller than prior whale pledges), but we’re seeing basically singles prices in the add-ons, for what seems to me to be the first time ever. A three-pack of great 4x4 lava tiles for about $15 each? A two-pack of 4x4 floors for only $21!? Whoa!

I love the approach to lighting. I’m ambivalent about lighting. It can break over time, or need batteries, or whatever. I want stuff that’s worth keeping for decades. I don’t trust electronics to last. So I don’t love having to spend extra for a feature that won’t be around forever. At the same time, ofc it’s eye catching and looks amazing. So I love the new approach. It serves two fantastic purposes - first, it gives you the option to save money by getting non-illuminated versions of things. That’s great. But just as great, second, it gives you the option to CHANGE YOUR MIND later. Get the stuff with no light boxes now, and grab light boxes later if you want. That way you can have fun building and looking at the great sculpts for now and then kick it up to the next level when you feel like it. Great approach.

I’m excited to see the add ons. This feels like a KS that’s going to be a lot of fun for a la carte backers.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:43 pm

It will
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Timcz83
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Timcz83 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 pm

Love the pedestal of pain. Really hope that becomes a standalone purchase.

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Love the lava with lighting. I suspect no picture or video can capture the beauty of these. Like seeing anything that works with KS6.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm

The scope is smaller, so you can get everything for about 1/4 the cost of the top ALL-IN pledge from KS6. (I am not counting the AHBL pledge that is an artifice). Likely to get a really nice selection of this lava theme for less than 1K if you want to. The light table concept is a cool new thing that has myriad other possible uses other settings that I can see, and if they create more suitable filters I could see it having a lot of uses. All visually cool.

Shorter timeframe (about 1/2 of last one) so we will not burn out so much. Those middle days can be slow in a long KS.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:20 pm

Banks, new pieces in caverns paint colors (though the cost is a little high due to the factory...), and overall I really, really, REALLY, like the size of this kickstarter. Not the $4k pledge level, but the fact most people can get almost everything they want if they have time to financially plan for it. Not everyone can save $4-8k in a year for gaming toys, but most people can save $1k in a year if they really dedicate themselves to it, and some can save $2k and get most of what they want here.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:03 pm

I am a big fan of the banks pieces, both small and large, they look great and will work nicely with existing pieces.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:50 pm

So far I really like the door set and ledges. Those will get a lot of use. I’m quite happy seeing the transition piece to the KS2 lava. A similar piece to the resin Hellscape will get a thumbs up too!
I love the translucent pieces and light panels. I just don’t see myself using them.

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:38 pm

Don‘t forget the Tote bag! I always love the Tote bags!
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”