The total positive topic on what you like in KS6.66

astolat
Orc
Orc

Re: The total positive topic on what you like in KS6.66

Post by astolat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm

The texture on the light panel undersides is an awesome idea! I was leaning towards trying something like the nanoleaf option, but if I can use the light panels as either light panels or 8x8 tiles, that doubles their utility. I would personally love for them to be more like the Erinthor mountain large floor texture instead of flagstones, but anything it winds up being is great.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm

It’s small but I love stuff like the Lava drip corner fill piece. Can never have too many cool variations on the corner fill to round out a layout. DF always seems to nail that stuff.

I like that the 4x4 floors are offered in caverns deep paint!

The new double door also ... Wow , may have to get that unpainted. What a sculpt!
Last edited by realarete on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bossman
Orc
Orc

Post by Bossman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Thankyou DF team for this exceptional KS. My favourite aspect so far are the magma rivers with lighting and in particular the magma falls. This offering is adaptable to any fiery environment. Also love the doors. Amazing!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Nate mentioned in the livestream just now they are looking at doing the resin pieces from the AHBL pledge level as an add-on, so I'm super happy about that. :D
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Having watched the recently posted Encounter 1 walkthrough video, I have to come back and add how great the illumination on these pieces (especially the magma pools!) is. It really brings the whole thing to the next level and swayed me from, “Eh, it’s a cool gimmick but probably not worth the trouble,” to “Damn. That is impressive.”

John Warlock of Sysuul
Kobold
Kobold

Post by John Warlock of Sysuul » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Positives
Hellgate
New 4x4 tiles for caverns and lava
River Styx (need to see better close ups)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Hellsgate portcullis for the Win!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:13 pm

RisingSeraph wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:02 pm
The Hellgate. I think it may be my favorite looking piece DF has ever produced. The original resin that inspired it was always one of my favorites, but its rarity and incredibly high secondary market price prohibited it ever coming into my collection. Similarly I'm not able to pledge for the Soulcage Vault / entire encounter three at this time, so I'm really hoping the Hellgate is unlocked as a standalone Add-on.

The Infernal Cave Door is a close second and I can't wait to use it in my Dungeon of Doom / Caverns' Deep setups for big boss encounters. It would even make a great portal to Avernus itself.

I also dig all of the realistic lava sculpting and banks pieces.
I'm a sucker for new doors! They could run KS7.1 "Doors of Dwarven Forge" immediately after KS7 and I would go all in at the highest pledge! >_<

The Hellgate is probably my favorite single sculpt in this KS, although I love it all! I'm not sold on the light boxes (yet), but I love the art and finish on the phantasmal filters and will probably pick those up to use as negative space without light boxes.

Go team DF!!! :D

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:15 pm

The quality and detail of the pieces are spectacular - especially the magma rivers. I may have to go back on my word and invest in Hellscape even if I don’t use it very much, simply because it’s just that good.

The little accent pieces and accessories are really nice and can add a lot of character to any sort of build, even if you aren’t adventuring in Avernus or the Plane of Fire. They can be dropped anywhere to ramp up the “evil cultist” vibe, and there are no shortages of those in D&D.

I appreciate that some of the new sculpts (i.e., large stone banks, spouted floors) are being released in standard cavern paint, for those that aren’t keen to invest heavily in the more niche Hellscape setting. Definitely grabbing some of these, at the very least.

RisingSeraph
Goblin
Goblin

Post by RisingSeraph » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:02 pm

The Hellgate. I think it may be my favorite looking piece DF has ever produced. The original resin that inspired it was always one of my favorites, but its rarity and incredibly high secondary market price prohibited it ever coming into my collection. Similarly I'm not able to pledge for the Soulcage Vault / entire encounter three at this time, so I'm really hoping the Hellgate is unlocked as a standalone Add-on.

The Infernal Cave Door is a close second and I can't wait to use it in my Dungeon of Doom / Caverns' Deep setups for big boss encounters. It would even make a great portal to Avernus itself.

I also dig all of the realistic lava sculpting and banks pieces.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”