What's your KS6.66 budget, that you probably won't keep to?

John Warlock of Sysuul
Kobold
Kobold

Re: What's your KS6.66 budget, that you probably won't keep to?

Post by John Warlock of Sysuul » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:20 pm

Max budget is $1700 which cuts into my KS7 budget. I have a backup budget.... beg the wife for more! Lol

But I am honestly hoping to get out of this for under $1000. Currently at $450. But I expect once more and more add ons are unlocked it’ll be closer to $1500.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Fully expecting to get away with $800 worth of Lava river and Hellsgate and maybe some light panels (UK to US power conversion aside)

With shipping and VAT should be about $2k :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GriffinMace
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GriffinMace » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm

and Riot wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm
$666.

Obviously. :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Should be a few hundred prob will be all in at 2k. /sigh :twisted: :D

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm

astolat wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Half an Alex drawer and a small section of a bin for the large pieces. :P
Now this may be the smartest way to budget that I've come across! :D

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Half an Alex drawer and a small section of a bin for the large pieces. :P

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:40 pm

They told us, it is a small Kickstarter - so it shall be :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I put in 200$ at the moment.

My thoughts so far:

positive:
+ cool opening of the Kickstarter
+ cool pieces 8-)
+ innovative light system :idea:
+ very cool add-on packs
+ CD Packs, too :o
+ cool transition pieces 8-)
+ the hellgate :twisted: :twisted:

negative:
- hell is quite specific for me: my DMing frequency is not high enough to justify a high level (10+) encounter with lava/hell pieces. It is more likely that my group change due to jobs in other towns etc. than to reach level 10+. I still DMing ToA for the next year and I'm not sure if I ever do the DtA campaign....
- light system is quite expensive, especially if I think how often I will use it for lava. Paying 200 to 400$ + VAT+Shipping for maybe 30 min. usage within 5 years seems not cost efficient.
- light system does not "work" for European Countries without ....(what do we need???)
- I typically buy unpainted and have a lot of fun to paint them, w/o the announced painting process I'm on the fence and will probably stay there instead of going for a full 1+2+3 unpainted circle.

What I hope for and would increase my pledge:
* painting process video convince my that I can paint a hellscape
* we can buy single packs of circle 2 and 3 e.g. Hellgate and Pedestal of Pain
* we get more CD pieces in grey dwarvenite
* Water tiles :lol:

But the journey has just started. We just arrived in the first circle :twisted: :twisted:
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

ilionblaze
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ilionblaze » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Planning to stay sub $1K. So far I'm at the 2nd circle illuminated and might just stay there.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 pm

I'm hoping to stay sub $300.

The key for me to stay close to budget is to limit the scope of what I'm getting. First, I like more natural terrain, so I'm going to skip most of the Hell stuff and just focus on natural lava pieces. I'm also going to skip the lava rivers (as amazing as they are) since that can add a lot of budget. My hope is to combine the Crucible Chamber, 1 Light Panel and some add-ons for under $300. That seems do-able right now but there are 2 more weeks of add-ons to derail my plans.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:44 am

This is a really tough question. I really like this one, and I think the stuff looks really cool. But at the same time, I recognize that I have limited space and limited money, and this is not something that is essential for me. It looks really cool, but I don’t feel like I need this option. To be blunt, if I had all the space in the world, I would grab all of these, but I have a ton of cities and a ton of castles and a ton of the dungeon of doom and I expect to end up with a ton of Caverns Deep and Forest stuff. With all that taken into account, I simply can’t grab everything of everything without hitting a wall.

Plus, I don’t know what is going to be in KS7. I definitely need to make sure I have money, and space, for expansions to the forest, or new cool city pieces, or any number of other cool things that might come out. I don’t want to regret having bought a lot of lava that I won’t use often, if there is a lot of cool Forest stuff that I am in love with in a few months time.

So where does that leave me?

Well - it DID leave me expecting to go in around $200 for assorted small add-ons. Some basic lava floors. Seemed neat to just have a small encounter for it and maybe add to it later (I only just recently got Burrows - I can be patient!)

BUT - then I saw the stretch goal of some of the 4x4 floors done in regular cavern paint. THINGS. JUST. GOT. INTERESTING.

My biggest beef with KS6 was the lack of 4x4 pieces. The resin caverns trained me to use those for my caverns and I really love them. The few large pieces we have in KS6 tend to need wall inserts or extra floors, they don’t work the same way. But I see a lot of 4x4 stuff here. And if we get repaints of it in standard cavern paint.... I mean we already have banks, but I don’t use trays as much so those I can pass up. But basic floors? Oh yes. And if they do lava repainted as water? Oh my. That would - yeah. Imma want some lava no matter what. But if 6.66 ends up giving me a lot of what I wanted from KS6, I can probably see myself willing to sacrifice some of what I would have budgeted to KS7 just to find a way to make it work.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”