Floor Pack

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Floor Pack

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:46 pm

zenako wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:50 am
One vision I am thinking about for a fiery plane encounter, is using the various wall sections, not so much as walls, but as sides of a mesa or small rise in the ground and then you could put more normal rock terrain or ruins on top of that mesa. So you are not creating a cavern with boundaries, but a raised area on an otherwise "flat" plane. Not unlike some of the cliffs and bluffs in the Forest offering in the last KS. make a 4x4 mesa or an 8x8 mesa with features, or perhaps a series of steps up, but using lava walls tiles as the steps up the hill. One challenge might be having enough corners to support all the outside corners that would be in that kind of build.
This is an inspired use case! I love it.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:50 am

One vision I am thinking about for a fiery plane encounter, is using the various wall sections, not so much as walls, but as sides of a mesa or small rise in the ground and then you could put more normal rock terrain or ruins on top of that mesa. So you are not creating a cavern with boundaries, but a raised area on an otherwise "flat" plane. Not unlike some of the cliffs and bluffs in the Forest offering in the last KS. make a 4x4 mesa or an 8x8 mesa with features, or perhaps a series of steps up, but using lava walls tiles as the steps up the hill. One challenge might be having enough corners to support all the outside corners that would be in that kind of build.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:32 am

I would also like the lava pool separately. I'm also not sure about that full set. I see it as the crystals problem. I need so many to make them worthwhile it was more worth my while to skip them completely
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:10 am

Would really have liked the Lava Pool and the Spouted floor to be in a floor pack.

We don't want a cavern but to get the Lava pool we have to get it as part of Lava core pieces.
And as awesome as those wall pieces are we cant see ourselves using them in our builds.

Though honestly if we had them we would find a way. Just rather spend the funds elsewhere - banks etc
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

John Warlock of Sysuul
Kobold
Kobold

Post by John Warlock of Sysuul » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:53 am

I think the spouted floor pack is good enough? But I here you on needing more 2x2s. I actually am trying to find a way to get more walls and floors. The current $53 walls, floors, corners pack doesn’t have enough. I wouldn’t be against a floor pack, but I doubt they will do one unless the 6x6 floor from caverns deep ends up being added with the “lava” touch. Which I doubt is happening... But you never know, they might add one?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:18 am

I do not see many new floors, so am not enthused about a new floor pack. If more new floors show up I could change my mind though. And I LOVE floors.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Do we really need an additional floor pack?

If you take the big bank pack and the 4x4 add-on pack you have already a lot of floor pieces.
And you could use the KS 2 pieces as well.

I'm not sold at the moment for an floor add-on pack...
There are many add-on packs which would be much more useful to me.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Splitting the Encounter 2 Core Pack into an Encounter 2 Core Pack - Floors, and Encounter 2 Core Pack - Walls, could work: 6 2x2 flat floors, 1 1x2, 2 1x1s, 3 2x2 stagnat puddle, and 1 spouted floor. Maybe also include the 2 straight banks.

Or do a 4 2x2, 2 2x2 stagnat, 1 1x2, no 1x1s, 2 straight banks, 1 spouted floor as a floor pack and Encounters 2 and 3 can both use that prepackad bit. While still being a lot of pure floors that people might want as a floor pack.

RisingSeraph
Goblin
Goblin

Post by RisingSeraph » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:58 am

Hear hear. A floor pack would also go a long way towards giving us more options for the big ledges being offered.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am

Hellscape is a Caverns expansion, but to maximize it's usefulness I want to also use it for outdoor lava terrain.

That means that Floor add-on Packs are more valuable to me than cavern wall packs. The Spouted Lava floor pack is my favourite add-on thus far, and a great addition to the Crucible Chamber. I'd definitely be interested in a pack with more floors. My ideal would be something like: 1 4x4 Lava Pool floor, 4 2x2 Flat Lava floors, 2 2x2 Lava Puddle floors, 2 1x2 floors, 2 1x1 floors.
Last edited by Mobius on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”