Am I the only person that wants a Regular paint scheme?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Am I the only person that wants a Regular paint scheme?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:48 am

electricmotorcycles wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:16 pm
i think they should throw in a bottle of base gray for anyone who orders a pledge level with unpainted
What about those spending more and buying painted?
Why should they be excluded from this paint bonanza freebie ;)

What could you reward them with that the unpainted crew would be up in arms about ?

Also we ordered a few unpainted items from CD, do we get grey ? because the items we ordered unpainted were Docks, the bridge and the boats, cos even our ham pawed painting technique can cope with wood. So grey is of no use with our pledge.

Just our two carrots worth ......
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Paint can also cause issues with international shipping; it has to be declared when shipping if I remember correctly.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:16 pm

electricmotorcycles wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:16 pm
i think they should throw in a bottle of base gray for anyone who orders a pledge level with unpainted
The problem with that is that even if it’s nominally free, they’d have to take it into account in deciding on prices. It’s costing THEM money, so they have to consider that when setting the price. And some people - particularly people who paint a lot - may already own paint, may even have a preferred paint. And they won’t want to have to pay for paint they don’t need or want.

But that’s pure speculation on my part. Anyone painting a lot of unpainted terrain goes through a lot of grey. A free bottle might always be welcome. And maybe DF could make it work.

electricmotorcycles
Orc
Orc

Post by electricmotorcycles » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 am

The hellscape light panels are bespoke for this KS, such that dimensions match the terrain and can be daiseychanined.

Other off the shelf light panel may be cheaper and have more colours but unless their dimensions (especially thickness) match your builds then they will become problematic.

We are still deciding on their inclusion in our pledge, they are not needed but will look very cool.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:55 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm
I thought most light panels are just standard white light and color changing light panels are rarer.
Some of the ones I've seen are along these lines, mind you, these panels here are relatively large for their price and I believe you get two per order.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 3b85KcrEFX

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:46 pm

I can't quite find the ones I've seen while at work, but this is not far from it: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial- ... /301757633

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Arravis wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:52 pm
subtalon wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:38 pm
I am surprised at how expensive they are.
I agree, especially considering that you can't change colors on them on the fly, like most lightpanels :(
I thought most light panels are just standard white light and color changing light panels are rarer.

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:52 pm

subtalon wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:38 pm
I am surprised at how expensive they are.
I agree, especially considering that you can't change colors on them on the fly, like most lightpanels :(

subtalon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by subtalon » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Blunderbuss wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:59 pm

But KS 6.66 broke me, and now I’m getting Hellscape.

So I’ve flipped my position, I suppose. Now that I have a fire-specific setting, I imagine I’ll eventually (probably over the course of a few years) try to go back and fill out the remaining “special” cavern settings that I missed out on last KS in their native paint - i.e., Ice Catacomb in ice and Crystal Caverns/Underdoom in underdoom. Will probably pick up some extra sets in ice to round out the ice environment, as it is smaller than the Hellscape/Underdoom offerings. I’ve decided I’m willing to forgo flexibility for immersion and a dynamic table spread. Worst case scenario, if I don’t have enough “specialty” painted pieces for the encounter that I need, I can build the early rooms “standard,” augment them with some lighting, and then transition to ice/underdoom/hellscape for the deeper rooms/boss fight.

It wasn’t an easy (or a practical, or a cheap) decision, but the more I think about it, the more excited I get about it as well. So I guess it means that it was the right decision for me! :lol:
Yeah I think I am 50% of the way there... I will get the Hellscape but I still don't likely have enough storage & space for Ice + Underdoom, I got KS7 to consider too. ;)

But the fire lava from below is pretty awesome, especially the light box from below. I am considering one of the off market light boxes because they have RGB+ and right now DF looks to have VERY expensive white only light boxes. I am surprised at how expensive they are.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”