Mixed messages from DF?

subtalon
Orc
Orc

Re: Mixed messages from DF?

Post by subtalon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:48 am

I first went full in on dungeon of doom, I watched 3/4 and just never jumped. Then I went big on DoD and CD. I too feel some confusion around the direction of DF, and I only have negative space.

For me I bounce back and forth but if I was only going for negative space in Hellscape, as it would be much cheaper, especially if I hold off on the light panels. I am still not sure about them and even less so after the demo by Nate, too much bleed through and questions around dealing with asymmetric builds.

The thing that gets me with all the magma pieces is that they have a sense of danger, even unlit. They look like it would melt a character. That plus some lava pieces really would make my characters squirm and think about what to do. I have used a lot of negative lava space and adding fog over it adds some danger but the players never really seem to comment or notice it. Maybe negative/flat space just never seems to have a "wow" factor. I mean that's why I have DF in the first place :)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:36 am

MrMorden wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:03 pm
The light trays look sturdy enough to me, at least as tough as the KF5 elevation boxes.
I hope you are right but I don't think I would trust them that much.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:13 am

Gargs454 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:54 pm
Honestly, I am not too worried about this. Main reason being is that most terrain types really are not likely to require/be enhanced by, light boxes. I mean, take your DoD sets. Sure, the eldritch pools could be enhanced by a light box. And . . . that's really about it. It wouldn't make sense to cast a dungeon floor piece in translucent material because dungeon floors just don't glow (generally speaking).
Oooo, but what about those puzzle floor pieces...? That might look pretty cool....

gwhansen
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gwhansen » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:23 am

Timcz83 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:51 pm
I do like having the options. I’ve been tossing up between buying 2 sets of the magma rivers but think I may get more bang for my buck by getting some banks and the $15 filter pack. Pair that with the magma river features and can build some pretty cool negative space things.

Helps me keep my massive overspend to a minimal overspend lol
Same here as I have decided to stick with negative space for my river builds (lava or otherwise). My spend list would be : banks, filters and/or terrain trays, magma river features, infernal door, sprouted floor and possible lava core pieces. Undecided on the hellgate, looks good but not sure how much use it would get.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Timcz83 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:51 pm
I do like having the options. I’ve been tossing up between buying 2 sets of the magma rivers but think I may get more bang for my buck by getting some banks and the $15 filter pack. Pair that with the magma river features and can build some pretty cool negative space things.

That's kind of my thinking...keep the liquid to negative space, and for the same money I plan to spend I can get way more bread & butter and specialty pieces to make bigger environments to scare my players with.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:03 pm

The light trays look sturdy enough to me, at least as tough as the KF5 elevation boxes.

Timcz83
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Timcz83 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:36 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:26 am
I do wonder how tough the light trays will be
They look pretty rigid with a back and sides of textured courtyard.
Nate said in the livestream they can take a level of pieces, would not recommend more than that.

In the KS comments Tobi said he will try to put a build together using them as terrain tray in the next livestream.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:26 am

I do wonder how tough the light trays will be

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:26 am

Perforated steel sounds like a win win for me too.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”