Foam Core Riser Set ??? Possible ???

ilionblaze
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Foam Core Riser Set ??? Possible ???

Post by ilionblaze » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 am

You could build your regular terrain over the light panels as well. There may be some bleed between pieced which you'd need to decide to live with or block out with appropriately placed terrain trays/construction paper/fabric/etc.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:40 am

We thought we were going to need foam risers to go with the light panels we wanted, it was difficult to estimate our exact needs so added a few extra pounds to our pledge to cover it, adding if necessary in the PM if required.

But on further thoughts we realise that our main use is lava rivers on top of existing terrain (DF and others) and not embedded in. So there is no obvious way of adding light panels (no matter how cool they look).

So if we do not go the light panel route then we do not need any foam core risers, which is a complication and extra cost we will do without.

A bit of a shame as we think underlit lava rivers will look fabulous.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

electricmotorcycles
Orc
Orc

Post by electricmotorcycles » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:01 pm

another option would be foam/rubber mats/pads here is a pricy one but only because it is from recycled materials, you could get cheaper versions https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Inte ... th=1&psc=1

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:20 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am
dice4hire wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:12 am
How in the world were the prices so off from the video to the pledge manager? I just rechecked the video and that is a MASSIVE difference. If I were interested in foam risers the video might put me off so hard I would not even look at them in the PM to see the realistic prices.
This was me. I looked at the PM all day (when I could) yesterday and never even looked at the foam risers because the price was so high in the video.

I did the same thing did not even look at them.

ilionblaze
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ilionblaze » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 pm

I gotta agree. I hadn't really looked at the prices in either but had the price math and comments from the forum her in mind while looking at things. The actual prices are much better. DF need to watch these things. If for some reason they changed the price--I don't think they did, I think this was a graphic mess up--they should communicate that.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:12 am
How in the world were the prices so off from the video to the pledge manager? I just rechecked the video and that is a MASSIVE difference. If I were interested in foam risers the video might put me off so hard I would not even look at them in the PM to see the realistic prices.
This was me. I looked at the PM all day (when I could) yesterday and never even looked at the foam risers because the price was so high in the video.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:12 am

With the banks mega pack price difference DF needs to be a bit more careful.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 am

The prices on the PM are
$25 for the small 16 2x2
$25 for the large 4 4x4 and 4 8x8
$95 for the mega 32 2x2, 12 4x4 and 8 8x8

So there is a discount on the mega pack. You get an extra 4 4x4s and $5 savings over buying two small and two large packs. Rethinking on this one. Would be good to see a video of them in use before the PM closes.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Cheaper price would be good. They did mess up the banks set in the video.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:27 pm

I think the price was lower in the PM than the numbers used here from the video. I can check again but it was about 40% of those numbers, unless I totally misread them.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”