Transition Tiles

gwhansen
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Transition Tiles

Post by gwhansen » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:31 pm

Trying to figure this one out as well
https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/025/61 ... 4d8dde3976

Looks like they envision you creating the corner using the 4x4 transition in conjunction with the 2x2s

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:28 pm
+1 for concave and convex transition 2x2 floor pieces.
Yep, me too. I'd like to acquire like 8+ of each.

Doleo_DF
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Doleo_DF » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:28 pm
Please!! Will buy lots

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:14 pm

patransom wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am
Yes, ideally they would have 2x2 transition tiles painted to serve as convex and concave corners, as well as straights.

Because these don't exist, I continue to make my will save against spending much on this KS. Do you hear me DF? Do not make corner transition tiles!
Yah, it bothers me too.

YES, I can make something work, but why do we have to make something kind-of-work when they could add one more piece and it looks great!? That was one of the most obvious things to me during the live videos... Nate had to mess around a lot in areas because there weren't the right pieces and instead of making a piece, he just says, "You guys can make it work or paint your own".

Just add a piece, please? :)

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:05 pm

I really, really don't understand why they didn't just use the standard cavern color for the "solid" parts of this KS.

That would have spared any need for transition pieces, and made it super easy to just slot these in with the cavern you have already (and would have worked great with resin Hellscape, btw).

Like this, if you want them to work together, you need nearly as much transition pieces as the lava pieces themselves, doubling the cost.

I really dislike this.

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am

Yes, ideally they would have 2x2 transition tiles painted to serve as convex and concave corners, as well as straights.

Because these don't exist, I continue to make my will save against spending much on this KS. Do you hear me DF? Do not make corner transition tiles!

Bossman
Orc
Orc

Transition Tiles

Post by Bossman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:01 am

I really think a greater variety of transition floor tiles are needed. There are two main themes I am thinking of:

1. Enclosing allow magma effects within standard cavern areas. The missing part are the "corner" tiles to enclose a magma effect; and

2/ Magma Rivers - I am really digging the magma flows over other terrain (and am going hard on this) but in a classic gaming environment a magma river within a standard cavern begs for a bigger terrain pack (a bit like the banks for the lava but in this case transition tiles)

Cheers

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”