Was KS6.66 successful?

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Was KS6.66 successful?

Post by pacarat » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:50 pm

William wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:29 pm
Maybe in the "new" store there is a way they could do some sort of progressive limitation as in-stock quantities change? I there are many in-stock, buy a ton or ten max (whatever they want), but as quantities lower to a certain point, limitation to say three of that set. Then when they are very low and hopefully already re-ordered, they take it down to one each. Just an idea and I guess it would depend on the store capabilities.
I hate to pay extra shipping by having to make separate orders, strictly due to artificial limits. What other store (in any market) limits how many items I can buy at once...?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:29 pm

Maybe in the "new" store there is a way they could do some sort of progressive limitation as in-stock quantities change? I there are many in-stock, buy a ton or ten max (whatever they want), but as quantities lower to a certain point, limitation to say three of that set. Then when they are very low and hopefully already re-ordered, they take it down to one each. Just an idea and I guess it would depend on the store capabilities.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:15 pm

I like the idea of a in stock number until the fear of seeing a low number selling out all at once and then showing up on ebay for three times the price.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:43 am

William wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 am

Why are you so set against knowing what's left in the store?
Just joking, it's a great idea. I think it will mean I will buy a lot more stuff under pressure, as I watch the available stock of items I want dwindle.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:02 am

We read this as - "No I dont want to know that I have to order now and prefer to find out that when I am ready to order that they are out of stock and so save us money"

Perhaps that is just us ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 am

period3 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm
William wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 pm
John D wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:53 pm
Droooo, I wish they showed "Quantity In Stock" as well. Some places that doesn't matter so much, but when something sells out at the DF store you might be waiting a year (or years) before it returns. Would be nice to know when the end-is-nigh, helps me prioritize my store purchases.

edit - maybe a "less than 10 units left" alert (in red) on the individual product page.
YES !!!

NO !!!
Sincerely,
p3's wallet
Why are you so set against knowing what's left in the store?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:18 am

Droooo wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:55 pm
Calsial wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:46 pm
A new customer doesn't know how they do business, or run their kickstarters. A new customer wants all the information up front about their offerings so they can make an informed choice, and perhaps take a few days to think it over. This kickstarter didn't have basic dollar amounts for the initial offers until 52 hours before it is supposed to be finished. Furthermore and this is really important and I hope sinks in because it bothers me. The stretch goals are frankly dishonest. They are completely artificial and a new customer who does any sort of analysis early on will catch that and knowing nothing else about the company could very well take a hard pass and never look back. This could hurt all the more, because this is very much a luxury good that is getting more expensive by the year and the number of possible customers at the pricing entry point the product is at right now may not have much room for expansion as outside of the United State, those of internationally take shipping, taxes and tariffs on these wonderful pieces through the teeth.
This post really nails the experience for me as a new customer. I remember seeing Dwarven Forge the first or second year they were at Gencon in the 90's. I was a teenager and I wanted to buy it but couldn't afford it. I've looked at their website a couple times over the last 10 years but it seemed like everything was always out of stock. It was also fairly hard to see the photos on the website (some of the photos are small and blurry), and a lot of the older sets are missing a picture of the pieces staged together. I just generally gave up on buying any pieces and forget about it for a few years.

The Kickstarter process came up randomly on a phone call with a friend so I finally knew to look for it this time. If there had been bigger website pictures and more items in stock I probably would have bought some stuff years ago, and learned about earlier kickstarters through email as a customer. Now I am waiting to buy some caverns deep stuff but it's not listed in the web store yet. It would be nice to see all the sets and prices that are going to show up in the next few months as well as an estimated date of arrival. It would also be really helpful to see stock quantities on the website, and I think that would help business revenue too (more people might rush to buy something if there are only a few left in stock).
Welcome to the forums droooo :)

The store needs an overhaul - which we are hoping happens when they launch their new website that they have been working on for a while now.

Better pictures and reflection of stock level and estimated restock time would help a lot. DF have been burnt in the past having too much money tide up in unsold stock, so they try to keep stock down which can hit sales unfortuately.

Would advocate example builds, but with most builds require multiple sets this could be a headache to make sure the build contents is exactly correct, but once built you dont need to revisit. We bet that if they did this there would be a clamour for Build instructions and then why dont they sell it as a complete build.

Not necessarily a bad thing just a greater initial overhead, you can see why they went to the encounter system :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by koraldon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:56 pm

Lady Sabelle Baroness of Valoria
about 5 hours ago
Would we have liked to unlock all the planned stretch goals? Of course, but we are happy with what we managed with this KS and have learned some things to keep in mind when planning KS7. So, yes, it was successful!
For a niche product I think it was successful, especially on the number of backers which is higher than castles, and considering the short duration.

I will add though that I too have limited annual budget, so with a huge KS, it just creates a larger backlog for me while DF gets the same amount from me.
Thanks to KS6.66 I can clear some of the backlog ;)
But a huge KS7 will just jam up the backlog...

While 6.66 had more order and better pace of reveals, this still needs to be improved, I will again wait for the PM to finalize my pledge...

John Warlock of Sysuul
Kobold
Kobold

Post by John Warlock of Sysuul » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:42 pm

This is just my third Kickstarter with Dwarven Forge, I have no clue how they feel about the numbers of this KS etc. But I can say this from my point of view.

With KS 5 I spent $2,000 + $1,000 in the PM for a total of $3,000. In KS6 I spent $3,000 I don’t remember how much in the PM but it was like $200 I think. With KS 6.66 I’m at $2000 who knows if I’ll add in the PM. But considering I have a system in place since I missed KS4 to save for an entire year in PayPal for the upcoming DF kickstarter I’ve never been able to save more then $3,000 in 12 months.

Looking at these numbers from a single backer I can tell you this. 6.66 got just as much money out of me as the others. However, this will absolutely effect how much I can spend on KS7. I’m currently sitting at about $500 saved for KS7 and about 6 months plus Christmas before the next one. That doesn’t give me a lot of time to get up to $2,000+ again.

I think it was successful. I was hoping to only spend $500-$1000 on this, it got double out of me. I’m sold on light panels and magma rivers even though I was all about negative space before this campaign.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm

William wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:03 pm
John D wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:53 pm
Droooo, I wish they showed "Quantity In Stock" as well. Some places that doesn't matter so much, but when something sells out at the DF store you might be waiting a year (or years) before it returns. Would be nice to know when the end-is-nigh, helps me prioritize my store purchases.

edit - maybe a "less than 10 units left" alert (in red) on the individual product page.
YES !!!

NO !!!
Sincerely,
p3's wallet

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”