Fireball!

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Fireball!

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Sound great.

I am hoping to have the party go into a cavern and when they are in it have a earthquake if they head out right away they find a single tile replaced with lava terrain the longer they wait the more tiles will get replaced. If they wait to long and do not have protection they will be forced to find another way out.

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Fireball!

Post by promind » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Great ideas. I’m guessing there are number of “non-hellscape” uses like this that are waiting to be discovered! Thanks for sharing, love these.

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Fireball!

Post by Rhizom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:58 pm

I am still resisting and have no lava paint in my pledge. Only standard paint and scatter terrain.

But now I have this one idea that I cannot get out of my head. Normally, most of my campaigns stay pretty low level, so a fireball, that may be one of the staple spells of every other mage, normally, is a really rare and important event for my players.

To make an event like that (or other explosions) even more spectacular, think of the following: after a fireball hit in a standard cavern I replace the tiles where it hit with lava paint caverns, put some transition pieces around and by this remind the players of the fireball even after it happened.

Or: the players come to a room where one area is blackened and burned. They may ask and after a successful investigation check, they find out that an explosion happened there shortly.

To me, these are really nice usecases for lava terrain even in without lava.

Don‘t know if anyone else likes this idea so much, but at least I wanted to share it. :)
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”