Myrmidon SG

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Myrmidon SG

Post by William » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am
BTW We use our many Savage Gargoyles in every build we do, we have used them as objective markers in W40k games :)

After the Golems they are our favorite sculpt in DoD
I didn't get either :( , maybe someday. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:56 pm
Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:57 am

I'm surprised that the howling devil statue isn't getting more love. That is a stunner of a sculpt and was wonderfully surprised by the size of the thing. I think I might be confusing Momo with that other little dog with his tongue permanently sticking out. Am I? I would buy that funny looking tongue-dog. Is Momo, Nate's? and the other one, Stefan's? Ambivalent about Cerebus.
Howling Devil is 90% of the reason i went from Build your Own to Hellraiser!

Momo is Nina's dog (i believe) and definitely deserves a sculpt - that dog is a camera whore and manages to get into more shots than virtually anyone else on the DF team ;)

Stefans dog was named Cayster or Caster but it was pronounced Cayster (i think - don't trust me to remember names)

Same here the hellraiser pledge became a must because of the Howling Devil.

We think not a lot has been made of it because it is awesome and easily available.

Momo is Nina's dog and Cayster rings a bell or two.

BTW We use our many Savage Gargoyles in every build we do, we have used them as objective markers in W40k games :)

After the Golems they are our favorite sculpt in DoD
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:56 pm

I'm surprised that the howling devil statue isn't getting more love. That is a stunner of a sculpt and was wonderfully surprised by the size of the thing. I think I might be confusing Momo with that other little dog with his tongue permanently sticking out. Am I? I would buy that funny looking tongue-dog. Is Momo, Nate's? and the other one, Stefan's? Ambivalent about Cerebus.
Howling Devil is 90% of the reason i went from Build your Own to Hellraiser!

Momo is Nina's dog (i believe) and definitely deserves a sculpt - that dog is a camera whore and manages to get into more shots than virtually anyone else on the DF team ;)

Stefans dog was named Cayster or Caster but it was pronounced Cayster (i think - don't trust me to remember names)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Ken Mattson
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ken Mattson » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:23 pm

I love me some DF minis, more please ! I don't paint and I despise blind boxes, which seem to be the way pre-painted minis are marketed these days. I'd prefer monsters over people/adventurers but whatever they make, I'll buy.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:14 pm

DWChancellor wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:35 pm
I'd drop some decent cash on a minis-only KS. That's is own budget apart from DF =)

I've regretted none of the minis from DF. I come here for the terrain, but the uniqueness of the miniatures makes a splash every time I pull them out.

I wouldn't mind a little more attention on minis and away from huge huge huge terrain KSs. A small part of me thinks the distraction may make KS7 a little smaller and more manageable. Hee ha ho. *shrug*
Concur 100%
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:53 pm

I'm surprised that the howling devil statue isn't getting more love. That is a stunner of a sculpt and was wonderfully surprised by the size of the thing.
I think the Howling Demon came out early and is pretty available for such a stand-out piece. Unlikely many of us would want more than one, and it is easy to get one so win? I'm happy with it for sure!
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:37 pm

The dog with the tongue was Stefan's dog that passed away a few years ago. I think his name was Casey?
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:57 am

combs1ng wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:29 am
dice4hire wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:43 am
I like the Myrmidion, but am ambivilant about Cerebus or Momo.
I feel the same way. Definitely have an affinity for the myrmidon

...and also the devil statue
Myrmidon, wow. Wish we were getting that. And I'm with you, I'm surprised that the howling devil statue isn't getting more love. That is a stunner of a sculpt and was wonderfully surprised by the size of the thing. I think I might be confusing Momo with that other little dog with his tongue permanently sticking out. Am I? I would buy that funny looking tongue-dog. Is Momo, Nate's? and the other one, Stefan's? Ambivalent about Cerebus.

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 am

OK...i will go with the thread jack...

DF minis KS sounds great. I really like the durability...the new wizkids line aint gonna last long. BUT... i would like DF to tighten up their minis sculpts a bit. Some feel a bit sloppy and cartoon; hell hound and gargoyle for example. If they were a bit more realistic and "adulty", Id buy.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:59 pm

szabbran wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:07 pm
Seated and prone minis would be my most wanted for sure.
Yep.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”