Let's Knight Nate!

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Let's Knight Nate!

Post by biowizard » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:58 am

You probably already read this in update #19 but I'll post it anyway:

The Final Stretch Goal
The campaign ended with a thrilling race to break $1.25M and unlock the big Bonus Piece Bonanza. Unfortunately we fell just short of that target by a few thousand dollars.

But we can't end such a positive campaign on a low note like that.

So as a gesture of thanks for your outstanding support, we're going break our own unbreakable rules and unlock the Bonus Piece Bonanza at $1.25M. So those bonus pieces will get added into all the appropriate sets. Huzzah!

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Studio time, mixing, remastering, ...snacks. It adds up.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:41 pm

Cost? Hmmm?
I thought that maybe it was kind-of a labor of love thing of some of the band members or something.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:21 pm

How much did the theme song cost? was that factored into the prices?
it would explain the 1st Circle being a bit more than just an Encounter 1.
;)

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:08 pm

I suspect that since most (if not all) of the 1.25Mill SG were already backed and need molds, that some of the fixed costs are already incurred and the extra cost was really going to be actual production and painting costs for those items. Makes it a lot more likely since they will not have to commission a whole bunch of molds as well.

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:20 am

I really hope they decide to honor some of the SGs (including minis - looking at you Myrmidon) during the PM. I know they have never done it but DF is all about breaking down barriers and pioneering new ways. Let them break down this self-imposed constraint never to look back! Besides, certain sets had the SG pieces baked into the pricing. Take for example the Lava Passage Pack (missing the "dead end" SG) that is $49 when the caverns deep passage pack was $39, and the mold is already made! I'm not sure what else was going to be in the Hellraiser pack but since it was such keystone entry pledge level, and everyone seems to be getting it, I would hope DF would come through and add that SG into the pack.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:16 am

I see now how the rabbit population stays so low and how they afford their terrain.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 am

Ken Mattson wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm
Yah, but extra money in the PM is probably anticipated revenue they need to make the numbers work anyway. Its not free money to make new molds.
Its still money generated by the KS so could be used to pay for SGs - it just not tracked by KS and nor do KS take their cut.

So while they probably do expect more money in the PM, it would be reckless for DF to assume they are getting a lot of extra PM money to discount the prices in the KS further.

We have no issue with DF more money in the PM on top of what was raised in the KS and not unlocking SGs, it was up to us backers to allocate the funds suring the KS stage to unlock SGs.

Of course for most backers another month or two of paypackets or selling unwanted children gives them an opportunity to add funds during the PM that they could not afford to do during the KS.

To cut a long story short - we think it is free money to unlock whatever they want, but they are under no obligation to do so as it works differently to a KS.

Other Kickstarters have made locked KS SGs available in the PM but only if demand reaches a certain amount.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:17 pm

DF has NEVER unlocked SG's based on PM - and i am sure they won't this time. My comment was a teasing joke...

We MAY see a set of minis added later, but i doubt we will see the big minis because they are large multipart minis with big upfront costs

I am Hoping we see some type of devil set with Momo in it
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Ken Mattson
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ken Mattson » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Yah, but extra money in the PM is probably anticipated revenue they need to make the numbers work anyway. Its not free money to make new molds.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”