KS6.66 - ADVENTURE PACKS / ADD-ON PACKS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Kickstarter 6.66 developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

KS6.66 - ADVENTURE PACKS / ADD-ON PACKS

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:11 am

Q: Why can’t I see all the add-on packs that will be available during the Kickstarter?

A: We put some of the bigger sculpts behind funding firewalls so that we could guarantee enough funding to produce the pieces before they are available to add-on purchase.

-----

Q: Request: Essentials Hellscape purchasing options. Is this possible?

A: Unfortunately, the Essentials isn't possible with Hellscape because there really aren't enough duplicate pieces to make a difference. It's just a much smaller build than Caverns Deep. We are also trying to limit the number of SKUs to keep the factory from send assassins.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS6.66 - ADVENTURE PACKS / ADD-ON PACKS

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Q: Is there any chance that we will be able to order the small Stone Bank Pack from KS6 to combine it with the Large Stone Banks from this order?

A: More than likely not. small cavern banks should be available in the web store once KS6 fully ships. There is always a slight possibility but based on past KSers I am thinking not. Previous packs have not been rereleased in subsequent KSers.

-----

Q: Do the doors in the Infernal Doors Add-On work with the Cavern's Deep door frame? It looks like the same door frame as the one from CD, just painted differently, but I wasn't sure.

A: Yes they do! That’s a standard DF door size, it’s also interchangeable with Dungeon of Doom double door frame.

-----

Q: Is the Trifecta Terrain pack included in Encounter 2 the same as the Trifecta Terrain Add-On Pack? Are the pieces the same between them?

A: Yes once all the Stretch Goals have been unlocked they are the same composition.

-----

Q: With the Water Caverns Transition - Lava being 2x6" wide, this creates a problem for those who are purchasing it to use with KS2 Lava. KS6.66 has VERY few 1x2" floors (only 1 in Encounter 1, one in Encounter 2, and only two in Encounter 3) and KS2 Lava had none.

Because of this, the Lava River Transition pack is going to be VERY difficult to use and/or extremely limited in options to easily integrate with KS2 Lava; seeing as how this is the entire purpose of the pack, may I suggest that the Lava River Transition pack have TWO 1x2" floor tiles added to it? I understand that this may increase the cost of the Add-On pack (or decrease profit margins for DF), however, I would argue that this is pretty much a necessity in order to allow backers to use it appropriately. ESPECIALLY for those who do not intend to purchase the main encounters.

A: You make a good point. We’ll have to take a look at the composition again. No guarantees, but your point does warrant a look.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:45 am

Q: Any word on an add on for the the phantasmal coverings for the LED panels?
A: Yes this will most likely appear in the future.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:21 am

Q: Any though be given to the 6x2 water transition pack. It is short on 1x1 and 1x2 floors. They are super hard to come by.

A: You are correct. They really hard to come by and we definitely run into this issue as well. We should really relook at adding something into that pack.

-----

Q: will there be a magma floor pack?
A: There seems to be a lot of demand for additional floors, so we will definitely take a look to see if that is possible.

-----

Q: Will narrow cavern passageways from KS2 be available (Tobi used them as crenelations on his hellgate)?
A: They really are a cool piece but they will not be re-released in this KSer unfortunately.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Q: Will the lava-to-caverns transition pack be available in all-lava paint?

A: No, at this time there is no plan to release the lava-to-caverns transition pack in an all lava paint.

-----

Q: Are the pieces in the lava to caverns transition packs different sculpts? Or are they the same as existing sculpts and just painted differently? What I'm getting at - if I buy unpainted transition packs, will they be any different than other pieces?

A: They are the same sculpts, with a transition paint job. If you buy them them unpainted, they’ll be solid translucent yellow.

-----

Q: Will the Banks Edging Pack be made available in caverns deep paint (with Dungeon Grey Dwarvenite)?

A: That’s not planned currently. It was offered by request for builders who want to do those overland lava flow setups, or war gamers building long Magma rivers. As much as we’d like to offer many things in the Caverns Deep paint, we really have to minimize the alternate paint schemes this time.

-----

Q: I’ve been assuming this and realized it may be a bad assumption. Are we going to be able to buy “adventure packs” like we did in caverns deep? That was a great way to get the special pieces. I really like how you structured that in the last campaign. Figured the same would be here, but I haven’t seen pricing yet. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

A: The Adventure Packs will unlock before this is through. Nate said in the last livestream that the only Encounter components which weren’t scheduled to unlock are the Core packs.

-----

Q: will there be foam riser packs released?

A: It is definitely something that we are looking into. Most likely if this appears, it will appear in the pledge manager.

-----

Q: Will the straight banks pieces be available in standard caverns paint ?

A: Only the Large Banks Pack will be offered in Caverns paint for this Kickstarter. (It does include the new 4x2 straight Bank sculpt.) The smaller Banks pack in Caverns paint was in the last campaign, and will be available on the webstore. The Banks Edging pack is Lava only for now.

Return to “Codex Valoria KS6.66”