KS6.66 - SHIPPING, TAX, and TARIFF CONCERNS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Kickstarter 6.66 developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

KS6.66 - SHIPPING, TAX, and TARIFF CONCERNS

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:26 am

Q: Are the increased prices due to the proposed US Tariff’s on Chinese Goods?

A: No, We're all concerned about the looming threat of tariffs, and their effect on our costs. We simply can't -- and won't -- charge our backers for tariffs that don't (yet) exist. It's already hard enough to keep prices as low as possible when factory production costs are steadily rising -- and when we're always striving to design ever nicer products.

So the cost of possible tariffs is not included in Hellscape pricing. If tariffs are imposed before the project is fulfilled, Dwarven Forge will pay them; we will not pass this cost onto backers. After that, we'll have no choice but to pass along tariff costs when the sets hit our website, and price them into future campaigns. But please everyone -- let's all think positive and hope for the best!

-----

Q: Is this the first KS with shopping and taxes in the USA?
A: The US shipping was added in Caverns Deep, to off set actually shipping costs and to be a little more fair for our international backers.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS6.66 - SHIPPING, TAX, and TARIFF CONCERNS

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:52 pm

Q: Question for the experts. I selected the $10 Build Your Own pledge and I live in NY. When the time comes to pick up what I want I add the specific cost of each item desired AND add the $10 fee along with the shipping and NY taxes for my total right?

A: Yes, thanks; this is correct.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:57 am

Q: how the DF tiles are packed when shipped to backers. Are they in boxes suited for storage or do I need to come up with own solutions for storage?

A: They come in small cardboard boxes packed tightly. Unless you are a world champion Tetris master, storing them in the shipping boxes would be a challenge.

Plastic bins work well, and Dwarvenite is so durable you don’t have to worry about packing materials. The Alex shelf line from IKEA is a popular choice, pretty economical and holds quite a bit. The absolute gold standard if you can find them and have space are surplus architectural blueprint storage drawers.

There’s a great (long) thread on the Dwarven Forge forums where people have shared their storage solutions:
https://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtop ... start=140

A: (Elye) I actually still have all my KS1 - KS3 pieces in their original cardboard boxes, though reorganized somewhat. I got some plastic containers for some of the other sets (Castles) because it seemed more efficient. It depends a bit on the geometry of the particular pieces and what your wants/needs are as far as accessibility, organization, etc.

As Rabbit Burner says, many like the Ikea Alex units. Some folks swear by architectural flat file cabinets. Other just toss everything in a duffle bag or a big plastic bin. You might want to search in the DF forums for the topic "storage," there's tons of advice on there.

A:(backer) Storage has been a big topic many times on the forums - I use cheap plastic draws and really useful boxes. Many DooFers swear by Ikea Alex draws

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Q: how long does it usually take once a DF kickstarter is delivered before things start appearing in the store?
Am having some regrets not including something in my Caverns Deep pledge now!

A: usually it's roughly a month after the last shipments go out.

-----

Q: This is my first DF kickstarter and was curious have the last couple delivered close to their estimate I know KS projects are notorious for going late.

A: (Backer1) The last KS (Cavern's Deep) was scheduled to deliver this month. The first half is being shipped next month and the second half in October. That is the latest I have seen their KSs deliver. IIRC, Dungeons of Doom was a month or so late as well.

A: (Backer 2) The first few were on time, then the kickstarters grew too big and they started delivering late starting with KS4 (between 1-6 months). This is their first "scaled-back" kickstarter, so I'd anticipate on-time or if it's late, just a little late. Nothing bad. And anything 6 months late or lower is considered "on-time" in kickstarter land. :D

A: (backer 3) However, it is important to note that DF ALWAYS takes care of their backers. If something isn't right, it will get fixed. Jade pillars is a good example for Dungeons of Doom. The factory used the wrong material for them and they replaced all of them as soon as the factory could make them.

A: (backer 4) They are getting more late each time, but still they are quite good by KS standards. KSV had and KSVI is having staggered fulfillment. I would assume this KS will be a couple of months late.

A: (backer 5) As others have said, they range from on-time to a few months late; however, if they are late, the backers are told in advance and given the reason (Which makes sense). DF is very good at managing the production and fulfillment timelines. They give semi-optimistic delivery estimates without a huge amount of slack for unexpected delays. I think that's normal for most (non-KS) projects.

Return to “Codex Valoria KS6.66”