Biome 1 – DREADHOLLOW FOREST

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Biome 1 – DREADHOLLOW FOREST

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:23 am

Last edited by JenneyOC on Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Biome 1 – DREADHOLLOW FOREST

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:24 am

Q: Any plans for forest tiles that have a rutted double track, as though used by wagons?

A: Currently there are no plans for this. But you can make your own road/track using a muddy brown mat/tray and building the forest on either side with use of the banks pieces.

-----

Q: does all of this stuff work to make forests and mountains and such if I don't have the Erinthor mountains or Dreadhollow forest?

A: Yes these are fully realized environments that compliment the previous released sets, but are not reliant on them for functionality.

-----

Q: If I wanted to add to the dreadhollow forest banks which are constantly sold out, are either swamp banks a good choice? I mean as I paint them both, they will look similar enough, right?

A: Yes! All swamp pieces are compatible with dreadhollow forest pieces, including the both the swamp banks, and the new forest trifecta banks in this set.

-----

Q: Are there any alternative Forest Trail - Straight pieces..? The one from the Forest Trails Add-on have a big rock covering the path. The piece is beautiful, but I fear it will replicate the same issue we saw with Dreadhollow Forrest from the last Kickstarter, where the straight escarpment pieces all had a tree in them.

A: This is where our forward compatibility planning comes in. If you look at the existing DH forest tiles, you'll notice some small dirt patches and stones at the edges here and there. These line up with the new trails pieces to allow you to continue the trails across them (through some slightly "overgrown" areas) to give you a lot of trail versatility. The trails will likewise cross the new open meadow forest tile in various directions. That, plus judicious use of the teardrop inserts and a bit of scatter, and you can have very long trails that don't get too repetitive.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Biome 1 – DREADHOLLOW FOREST

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:04 am

Q: Any chance we’ll see conifer tree tops only packs? Those would be handy for those of us with the previous trees and smaller storage space! Basically an economical way for Dreadhollow owners to convert existing sets to an evergreen forest is highly desirable.

A: Strongly considering this.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”