Biome 2 – ERINTHOR MOUNTAINS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Biome 2 – ERINTHOR MOUNTAINS

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:25 am

Last edited by JenneyOC on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Biome 2 – ERINTHOR MOUNTAINS

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:26 am

Q: so the Mountain Mega Build has 5 trees [7 if you include stump and topper] but only 4 places to put trees?

A: There are 7 toppers and 7 bases currently. (Large Forest Stump Lump x2, Small Forest Stump Lump x1, Small Swamp Stump Lump x1, Stepped Stump Crag x3)

-----

Q: How well do the mountain pieces integrate with the CD caverns cliffs?

A: They do work well together, as they're both limestone formations and the height increments play well together.

-----

Q: Aside from the one or two vertical pieces in the starter/wargamer, are there any extra of the poles for making more vertical and horizontal pieces? I see those are stretch goals for the higher levels. If not, will those be added or maybe a driftstone add on pack?

A: They will be part of driftstone packs. There will probably be a vertical round rod/horizontal square rod add on pack in the future.

-----

Q: Do the existing mountain pieces sold in the shop today have magnet pieces?

A: The anchor magnets were something we thought of for Dungeon of Doom (KS5) Erinthor Mountains came out with Castles (KS4) so it doesn't have magnets.

-----

Q: Also, do any of the mountain pieces have steel embedded for stacking purposes?

A: The tops of the driftstones will have metal plates to allow pieces to anchor on top of them.

-----

Q: does all of this stuff work to make forests and mountains and such if I don't have the Erinthor mountains or Dreadhollow forest?

A: Yes these are fully realized environments that compliment the previous released sets, but are not reliant on them for functionality.

-----

Q: or those acrylic stands, do you know how much weight they can hold? i have a lot of heavy based boss miniatures…

A: based on feedback from caverns deep we have increased the sturdiness of the rods as well as their thickness. We have moved to ¼” rods. We will look at weight they can hold in one of our videos.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:05 am

Q: Erinthor is Escarpmentpalooza. Am I right in thinking, then, that using the DH trifecta ledges with the Erinthor escarpments would allow us to place the KS7 escarpments in our Forests? If that's the case, I'd love to see how it looks mixed in with KS6 escarpments. I need more of those -- many of us do, since the stock has been hard to come by -- and I need to see if I'm waiting to pounce on these in the store, or if I should just go big on the KS7 versions.

A: The new escarpments work seamlessly with the existing ones if you also get the trifecta ledges that go with them - there are both forest and mountain versions of the ledges, so you can have the bottoms meet up with either forest or mountain floors and look great. Or, you can leave off the ledges if you want to build high escarpment one above the next or have the bases plunge directly into water, quicksand etc.

-----
Q: One stretch goal is for varying size square rods which are for driftstone horizontal placement. Do the rounded rods for vertical placement have varying sizes as well?

A: There will be variations in the rods that come with the base pledges, and also a planned stretch goal that provides more rod variations. Lots of options!

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:50 pm

Q: Wyvernstone video was great ! Got me thinking about another use for the sideways square holes. How about sculpting a birds nest that plugged into one ? That would be cool. If it were large enough, players would be constantly looking around wondering where the resident of said nest was.

A: There is a nest, but right now there is nothing sculpted like what you are suggesting. But it is an interesting idea. Thank you.

-----

Q: The Wyverstone Peak overview has made me so excited for that set. I do have one question, will there be more options in the future, not necessarily even this KS, for the peg holes? Some of them seem pretty unsightly, so it might be nice to have a small plug with a little chunk of rock, or perhaps a creeping vine for the horizontal holes or a floral item for the vertical holes.

A: We will definitely continue to support those features in the future. And there may even be another piece or two that work with those yet to appear in this campaign.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”