PLEDGE LEVEL - GENERAL QUESTIONS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

PLEDGE LEVEL - GENERAL QUESTIONS

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:39 am

Q: Why are there pledge limits on the different pledges? Will i miss out if i don’t back it immediately?

A: No you will not miss out. The main reason that we use pledge limits is to assist Jay, who is our numbers guru, to make sure that we do not have a rush on a specific massive pledge level and have a massive success push us into failure. He uses all the pledge levels to keep tabs on production run volumes to make sure that we do not have to close a level down, and reopen a new one with a later delivery date. That hasn’t happened yet, but with the KSer getting bigger and bigger each year, we want to make sure we deliver what we say we can deliver. But you will not EVER be limited out of a pledge level that you want.

-----

Q: Is there any way we can select maybe one type of biome unpainted and the others painted or vise versa? I'm thinking of doing the whale level pledge.

A: For the Untamed level, unfortunately no. it is either all painted or all unpainted. However if you went in at the Mega Build level and chose each one painted vs unpainted, then yes you can do that. The difference would be at the Mega Level SGs are only 3x. (instead of 4x at Untamed) And you would get painted SGs for Painted Mega pledges, and unpainted SGs for the unpainted Mega pledges.

-----

Q: I was looking to get encounter levels and build your own combined. It’s quite hard to track what’s action offer this time.

A: There are no encounters this time. You are looking at environments. Mountains, Swamp, Forest. There is scatter terrain if you enjoy playing on mats and terrain trays with negative space. There are 2x2 setups that are intended for you to play in a 24" x 24" setup. and there are Mega Builds that have much larger quantities of fully sculpted floors for individuals who don't want to play on mats and want the fully sculpted landscape. For example the Forest megabuild here is about 3x the size of the original Dreadhollow forest offering in KS6.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: PLEDGE LEVEL - GENERAL QUESTIONS

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:12 am

Q: You have pledges for all three biomes at the explorer and up but why not do the same with the starter and war-game scatter etc for all three biomes in one pledge?

A: That’s an interesting idea. We didn’t want to have too many pledge levels because it’s confusing. But maybe we could do an add-on bundle.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:00 am

Q: will we have any input in the painting process / given a couple of options to choose, or will it be delivered "painted as shown" ?

A: The paint scheme will be what's shown on the painted set image. Occasionally we produce alternate paint scheme sets for some pieces, in which case they'd be a separate set you could order as such. None in this KS at present.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:54 pm

Q: If I pledge for the Explore the Forest, but add so that I can get the Wargaming Forest pledge too, do I get both stretch goals?

A: Yes!

-----

Q: Are the pledges available as add-ons? And if so do they also come with the associated stretch-goals?

A: Yes they are available, and yes you’ll get the appropriate stretch goals if you add a whole pledge level as an addon.

-----

Q: Will we be able to change our main pledge level in the pledge manager once the KS has completed?

A: You can always upgrade to a higher pledge level, with the self-service UI. Sometimes switching to a lower pledge level (but keeping your available pledged funds to spend) requires an email to support, but it can be done.

-----

Q: How long do we usually have in the pledge manager to put in extra funds?

A: Usually about a month from whenever it opens. And it usually opens about 4-6 weeks after the campaign ends.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:06 am

Q: What were the dimensions of the 1st LIVESTREAM DnD game (8/15/20) build?

A: 3’x3’ - Nate walked through it on Twitch last night 8/17
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/713626510? ... zwX2KRa0rQ

A: (Nate) For the livestream 3x3 mountain build, I used Wyverstone Peak as the base then added what will be a Mountains Mega Pack and like 4x Driftstone packs and a few other sets. We'll get the whole breakdown written up. I tried hard to use existing sets because people would ask.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:04 am

Q: It would help my decision-making to know how much of a discount is baked-into the mega and untamed pledges versus buying roughly the same pieces as add-ons. I know in CD, underdoom was advertised as a savings of $800 which got me to take the plunge.

A: (John B) I just listed my Pledge Planner above, you *should* be able to create multiple pledges, one buying the mega and another buying the individuals to see what type of savings you can expect

A: (GeekJeff) I don't think we could put an accurate discount number yet on Wildlands Untamed because of that Special Bonus which is still to be revealed.
The Mega Pledges you can estimate once most of the addons are out, but since they're not built with clean assemblies/multiples of addons like Caverns Deep was it would be an estimate. It's a good idea though, I'll see if we can put a specific number or percentage on the discount once the final things are priced.

-----

Q: Really hoping for staggered budget sample pledge videos and graphics soon :) like $500~$700 range, like in Hellscape. That ultimately helped me shape my final pledge.

A: (Tobi 8/19/20) I'm working on them! We're planning on getting them out by beginning of next week

-----

Q: Are there any tiers or add ons where you can get STL files instead of the physical pieces?

A: No, all Dwarven Forge terrain products are delivered as physical objects. Hand painted, or ready for you to paint.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Q: What if I add several Main Pledges - will I get stretch goals for every Main Pledge? Thanks

A: Every pledge gets the associated stretch goals, no matter how many you get. If you choose painted, they will be painted, if you choose unpainted, they will be unpainted.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”