ADD-ON PACKS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

ADD-ON PACKS

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:40 am

Relevant Links

All ADD-ON pack pics: https://cx.dwarvenforge.com/add-ons/

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: ADD-ON PACKS

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:41 am

Q: When should the majority of the add-ons be revealed

A: By August 29th all Add-ons should be revealed, giving you 5 or so days to reconfigure your final pledges, before you reconfigure them again in the Pledge Manager. ;-P

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:14 am

Q: Does the wyvernstone add-on come with any of the vertical posts or just able to accept them if you have extra?

A: Yes the driftstone add-on packs will come with vertical rods.

-----

Q: In order to stack all the waterfall pieces, do we need two of the cutout escarpments like Nate used in the video? They fell over constantly without them. There is only one of the cutout escarpments in the add on pack. Will this become two before its released so the kit can be built as is?

A: Our theory was we'd only give one cutout to keep the price of the pack down, and people could do creative building if they wanted to double-stack.But, um, I'm thinking that might not be the best approach (as a bunch of you have pointed out). Thinking about this.

[Jenney: The Waterfall pack was pulled to be reworked on Day 3. Standby for it to be re-released.]

-----

Q: What’s the reasoning DF for not including the Titanstooth top section in the Rocky Elevation add on pack? The bottom section is there, and I was hoping to be able to build the whole thing. Will Titanstooth top appear in a different add-on?

A: There are plans to have a Titanstooth add-on set that will have both parts. The bottom is just more of a generic piece that works great as a small plateau-like area so it has found its way into several other sets.

-----

Q: What are the physical dimensions of the pieces in Erinthor mountain floors?

A: In the Erinthor Mountain Floors pack, the big one is 6x6" and the little ones are 3x3".

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:01 am

Q: it appears as though the add-ons just add more pieces that you'd get in a mega build. Do the images presented as "mega build" include additional add-ons. If do, then what add-ons would I need to get to duplicate the images?

A: (Elye) the mega builds include all the pieces shown in the overall build images; exactly what pieces you get are detailed in the piece composition images. All this info is on the pledge pages on the Wildlands website. The mega builds don't include additonal add-ons, but nothing additional is needed to create the builds in the pledge images: you get all those piecew with the mega pledge. If you want, say, more swamp trees or what have you, you can add add-on sets to your pledge for even more terrain. Oh, and there is one exception: the Wildlands Untamed pledge does get as a free bonus the Trifecta Ledges Wyverstone Peak Companion Pack, which gives you extra options for using your escarpments with both mountains and forests.

-----

Q:the Add on for the Escarpments Trifecta Pack, is the plan to release smaller packs? Those look cool, but they're weighted 3 to 1 forest to mountain. I imagine I'll want several of each. I understand more add ons were coming, I was just surprised at this composition.

A: The trifecta pack which was just released is a specially composed companion pack for the Wyverstone Peak mega build. It eliminates “orphaned trifectas” by providing you the appropriate forest & mountain ledge pieces for every trifecta Escarpment in the build. It has fewer mountain ones, because those pieces are already included in the main build. That is also why this add-on pack is included in the Untamed pledge. There will be separate addon packs later which have Trifecta pieces, for backers who aren’t getting that mega build.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Q: Why are there 2x Suspended Perches in the deluxe set when the waterfall only appears to have a slot for one?

A: (Tobi) Suspended perches work on any horizontal square peg hole that the driftstones use, and can function as small driftstones or small cliff extensions. They can also be used flipped upside down without their pegs as scatter rocks

A: (GeekJeff) The second stone in the Deluxe waterfall pack is for use as scatter, to make a rocky hazard at the bottom of the falls or just change up the look of the stream you're building. A little bonus for more building options. Suspended Perches might end up the Jumpy Stone of Wildlands.

-----

Q: are the pledges available as add-ons? And if so do they also come with the associated stretch-goals?

A: Yes they are available, and yes you’ll get the appropriate stretch goals if you add a whole pledge level as an addon.

-----

Q: Can someone tell me what is the deal with the cut out escarpment piece that goes with the water fall? The WF pack doesn't include it, but the Deluxe WF pack includes two of them. What do they help you do? Can you use them with other pieces?

A: (Elye) The cutout pieces let you turn the waterfall into the equivalent of a 6" wide escarpment piece, which is useful (but not essential) for building in line with our other escarpment pieces. They can also be used with other pieces; the hideyhole escarpment specifically is designed to slot into the cutout in the same way the waterfalls do, but you can also use the cutouts for example with City Builder houses or square towers to build a house/tower that is partly built into a cliff side.

A: (GeekJeff) It’s an easy frame for the 4” waterfall, to integrate it smoothly into a 6” Escarpment gap. The lower cost pack presumes you have other mountain or cavern pieces to create a nice space for the 4” waterfall pieces to nestle into.

-----

Q: What's the process the team follow to create each addon pack? First you talk about the pieces that may contain, then talk to the factory to know if it's possible to do it and mark the price or the team do everything and once it's final decision you talk to the factory?

A: (Nate) It starts with going ‘what would be cool.’ Then we throw things around a spreadsheet. Nate shares it with Tyler/Tobi for feedback before throwing it out to larger group for more feedback. Adjust. Once we get a composition that makes sense, we then send to pricing. Adjust composition as pricing dictates. Then we send it to graphics. Once the graphics are made, they need to be Proofed. Then it is time to release it. We get tons of feedback as the backers poke holes in it. If there are legitimate concerns/criticisms brought up, we take a look as if the pack needs to be revamped or piece assortment shuffled. Go back to Pricing and Repeat.

-----

Q: I'm interested in the DF Fogger. Is my pledge level is enough to add it to it?

A: Any pledge (beginning at Pack for Battle, or Roll into Battle) will allow you to add - add-ons including the DF Fogger. If you are backed at Call of the Wild, you are not eligible for add-ons.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:08 am

Q: What about an add-on pack called "Standing Stones," consisting of six Vertical LED Socket Rocks and balefire lanterns or glowglobes. I am after a stone circle a la ancient druids,

A: Cool idea...

-----

Q: Love the Swamp builds, Are the 2x2 mats sold separately as add-ons?
A: Not yet but it's highly likely.

-----

Q: Any guesstimate when the last add-on set will be added? Contemplating adding to the pledge

A: (Nate) All add-ons *should* be released by the 29th. But we may have one or two stragglers, knowing our track record, lol.

-----

Q: Have you guys thought about doing a Fey plan to pack? I would love to see the helix tree and the other standalone tree and then the shimmer gloom in one standalone set so that I could grab a couple more of each of those things without having to buy a huge amount more stuff.

A: (Nate) Sit tight, some packs like this will be rolling out this week (unless I change the schedule which has been known to happen).

-----

Q: I would like to put off any add-ons until the pledge manager to spread out my payments. Are all of the add-ons going to be available during the pledge manager?

A: Absolutely, any addons you see will available in the Pledge Manager. Other than your main pledge level, we don’t have any idea what addons anyone wanted until you fill out the pledge manager.

-----

Q: What Pack will the Huge Hummock be in?
A: It will be in its own pack.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:07 am

Q: How does the escarpment footprint line up? Seems like you need the 120 dollar wyverstone companion pack unless you use the escarpments as scatter?

A: The escarpments can be used in multiple ways. You can use them as scatter, or if you're doing a build with fully sculpted tiles such as the forest floors, you can place them directly on top of the flat floor tiles. Or, you can combine them with the trifecta ledges to build in line with adjacent floor tiles. For maximum versatility, we created two versions of the trifecta ledges, one for forest and one for rockier terrain, so you can transition to either a forest floor or a more mountainous areas.
The trifecta ledges will all be available in packs (smaller than the big wyverstone companion pack) which should be released quite soon, designed to work with the escarpment sets. These ledges are also very useful on their own for creating riverbanks, road edges, subtle height changes, and transitioning from forest/mountain floors down to battle mat / terrain tray level.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Q: That teardrop pack will go great with my Burrows. Now I just have to wait for a light mega pack. New lights are always nice :)

A: the new KS7 teardrop inserts are LARGER than your KS4 Burrows inserts... that is why there is a burrow hole teardrop insert. It allows the teardrop insert to hold the burrows inserts. You can see this in the inset image with the insect eggs. You will definitely be able to set your teardrop inserts OVER the burrows holes, but they will not fit INTO the burrow holes.

-----

Q: I purchased some Forest Transition Banks during the Caverns Deep KS. I want to get additional banks with the same paintschema. Are they available in any of the Wildlands pledges/addons? The "swamp" pledges seem to have banks but are they of the same paintschema?

A: (Elye) The new forest banks don't have the exact same paint scheme as the old ones, but they're designed to look good together. The swamp banks are also designed to work seamlessly with the forest, so fore example if you want your forest tiles to transition to a boggy area they work well for that. Nate has been working on compatibility videos that will be appearing within the next few days.

-----

Q: Are the mega packs discounted in someway compared to the smaller add-on packs? Also the same question with the really large bills. I was planning on getting the swamp mega pledge but was wondering is that cheaper than buying everything as add-ons?

A:You'd have to wait until everything has been priced & released to calculate what the approximate discounts are, but yes. Mega Packs are not always exact multiples of smaller packs, they often have a few extra pieces included - but yes, they have a small discount built-in to the price. The Mega builds have a more significant discount baked in, and of course Wildlands Untamed has the biggest overall discount vs buying everything a la carte.

-----

Q: Is the swirling vortex the same as the DF light puck? I want to make sure I understand the components and if something else is to be released into the add-ons?

A: (Tobi) No, The swirling vortex and the codex vault are inserts for the pool that also act as covers for the DF light puck. The light puck will be released in its own add-on set soon

A: (Elye) The light puck is a separate add-on that has not yet been released. It's a self-contained unit of programmable LEDs that can create all sorts of amazing effects. The swirling vortex is a translucent dwarvenite piece that's part of the Oracle Pool set. It's one of two insert pieces (along with the codex vault) that fit inside the oracle pool. The light puck will also fit inside the oracle pool, under either one of these inserts, but it's not necessary for use of the oracle pool, which looks great on its own and can also be lit from beneath by other light sources, such as the existing DF LED floor that was originally released in our Castles Kickstarter.

-----

Q: Does the Oracle pool add-on come with the light puck or is the puck going to be a separate add-on like the fogger?

A: The Light Puck will be a separate addon, like the Fogger was.

-----

Q: Will the Hole Knoll and Sporeclaw be included in sets like Wildlands Untamed or any of the Mega Builds?

A: Yes it is a SG for SI, which is 1/3 biomes for UNTAMED. It is also a SG for the yet-to-be-revealed "Heart of the Swamp". So if you will be pledging those levels you'll get it by default.

-----

Q: in the oracle pool pack, there is mention of a light puck for illumentating it.
But the light puck itself is not shown in the pictures...can I assume it is included in the pack anyway?

A: The Light Puck is a separate thing which fits with the Oracle Pool or the Hole Gnoll floor, and other pieces. It’s a fancy piece of tech! It is its own pack.

-----

Q: Is the swirling vortex the same as the DF light puck? I want to make sure I understand the components and if something else is to be released into the add-ons?

A: (Elye) The light puck is a separate add-on that has not yet been released. It's a self-contained unit of programmable LEDs that can create all sorts of amazing effects.
The swirling vortex is a translucent dwarvenite piece that's part of the Oracle Pool set. It's one of two insert pieces (along with the codex vault) that fit inside the oracle pool. The light puck will also fit inside the oracle pool, under either one of these inserts, but it's not necessary for use of the oracle pool, which looks great on its own and can also be lit from beneath by other light sources, such as the existing DF LED floor that was originally released in our Castles Kickstarter.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”