PIECES - DF FOGGER

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

PIECES - DF FOGGER

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:44 am

Q:it looks like the fogger will lift the volcano (and any other piece it sits below) up one floor level, is this correct? That would mean shifting light trays to keep everything level or using banks to raise the volcano.

A: It does lift the volcano and/or the spirit tree by 1 floor level. Use of banks around this allows it to flow seamlessly into the build. It will shift some light with the volcano. That is unavoidable. The use of stilts to raise it higher, midigates some of the light loss, as well as allows for additional of lights and other effects alongside the fogger. See Twitch Video Episode 1 around the 1:05:00 mark.

Episode 1: Into the Wild https://www.twitch.tv/videos/706453763

-----

Q: Will the fog machine fit relatively well under the giant spirit tree from Dread Hollow forest?

A: (Lady Sabelle) It can be used with the Spirit Tree. The tree was sculpted before we had the puffer, but you can make it work easily enough.

A: (Tobi) yeah! its not a natural fit like the volcano, but with something like stilts or other pieces, you can hide and house the floor fogger

-----

Q: Any plans to have an angle redirector so we could hide it inside/behind a cave opening?

A: (Tobi) We did experiment with manipulating the stream of fog and you may see that in some of the unrevealed things, but nothing small like a simple redirector like you said, although that's a cool idea and I see lots of potential. I wanna experiment with that...

-----

Q: How long would a fill-up of the fog generator run?

A: (Lady Sabelle) We got it to run about 8 hours on the intermittent setting. Our prototype doesn't have a constant stream yet, but it would obviously be a much shorter time.

-----

Q: What liquid does the fogger run on?

A: it’s water. Distilled water is best, as tap water over long term use has the potential to have calcium deposits and might break it.

-----

Q: Is the DF Fogger a dwarven Forge design? Or is it the same/compatible with the Fog Monster’s Mini Fogger?

A: The DF Fogger is a brand new design by Dwarven Forge and is not associated with the Fog Monster at all. The volcano from KS6.66 Hellscape was originally sculpted with this design taken in mind so it can be slipped inside/beneath to maximum effect.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: PIECES - DF FOGGER

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:15 am

Q: how would this compare to the "pod" from Real FX as far as fog output

A: Very similar output

-----

Q: How much water does it contain?

A: We haven’t measured it, but it’s enough to go overnight on interval mode. We’ll test continuous mode, but it should have enough for several hours of constant use.

-----

Q: For the Sorrow Isle Mega Build, there is a fogger but I don't see any piece for it to go under. Does it fit under the teardrop inserts or what are people thinking for its use? It looks really cool just not sure how I can use it.

A: (Loyal Backer) Last night on the twitch show Nate confirmed/ hinted/ spilled beans that there would be in fact piece(s) to use with the fogger, and swamps need fog.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:02 am

Q: Can I fill the fogger with gas and have a volcano that shoots fire?

A: While this sounds cool, I fear this may not work the way you intended and may destroy your fogger. Please only use water with the DF Fogger. Distilled is the best.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:55 pm

Q: I'm interested in the DF Fogger. Is my pledge level is enough to add it to it?

A: Any pledge (beginning at Pack for Battle, or Roll into Battle) will allow you to add - add-ons including the DF Fogger. If you are backed at Call of the Wild, you are not eligible for add-ons.

-----

Q: What's the footprint on that fogger? Will it fit in a house? a castle tower?

A: It is 4x4. If it is a basic 4x4 house, the fogger will not fit inside. If it is a 8x8 house, it would fit. We tried laying a trap door floor and a open staircase floor from DF Cities over top the fogger, the but spout did not line up to the openings effectively. If the floor is elevated over the fogger it workes, but directly trying to lay the floor onto the fogger didn’t work. It will not fit in the 4” Small Round Towers, and is really tight if you want to try and force it into the center of a 6” Large Round Tower.

-----

Q: Does the fogger function properly for extended periods of time sideways?

A: The fogger is designed for vertical use. Because of the nature of the way the wick works and other technical details it is apparently quite difficult to create a fogger that works equally in both positions.

-----

Q: How high does the fogger make a piece when put underneath?

A: It is the height of a single floor tile.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Q: What are the overall dimensions of the fogger?

A: The Fogger is still in the prototype stage, but it is roughly 4x4".
To fit closely, it needs piece which have a recess integrated for it - the Volcano from Hellscape was already designed so, there will be other sculpts revealed soon in Wildlands which are designed to integrate with it.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”