PIECES - TREES

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

PIECES - TREES

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:45 am

Q: Do the new trees work at all with the CD tree trunk extenders so that we can vary the heights of the trees a bit? Or are the textures and colors all different?

A: (Elye) There are two kinds of new trees: freestanding and peg base. Some of those with really unusual looking trunks (like the twisting Cwyldren and the creepy Slinkroot) needed the bases to be integral because of the unique character of the sculpts. These stand on their own and can be placed anywhere there's a flat surface. But there are also several new varieties with peg bases that work with all our existing stump bases in the Dreadhollow (and elsewhere in this set) such as the conifers, dead trees, and willow tree.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: PIECES - TREES

Post by JenneyOC » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:22 am

Q: Any chance we’ll see conifer tree tops only packs? Those would be handy for those of us with the previous trees and smaller storage space!

A: Will consider this.

[Jenney] I believe this is what is being called 'Trees without Pants' in the comments for those of you wondering.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:08 am

Q: I love the cypress tree, but I'm not super wild about the conifers (mostly because I have so many KS6 trees and I feel like conifers would look out of place in my forest). Am I the only one who'd like to see the cypress available in sets that don't include the conifers?

A: (GeekJeff) In the tree addons so far, the Conifers got their own pack. The Cypress was paired up with a Weeping Willow, as they’re both swamp themed and they coincidentally give you something for both Large and Small peg trunks in the pack. There maybe an addon which does mix Conifers with other things, but that would be an expressly designed variety pack type of thing.

A: (Elye) s a note from a sculptor-naturalist who grew up in the north woods - monoculture forests (one tree type only) are relatively rare in nature. Where I am in VT we have a lot of what's called the "northern hardwood forest" which is characterized by a variety of broadleaf deciduous trees, plus coniferous hemlocks as a significant minority. So a few conifers among dreadhollow hardwoods would be right on target for that (and would also go with many of the plants that I put on the forest floors, some of which grow right out in the woods near my home).

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Q: I seem to remember someone saying that the leaf/branch sections of the trees are hollow, and you can hide stuff in them (treasure, secrets, monsters!) Are the leaf segments hollow and can you hide stuff in the trees of this Kickstarter too? Ex: the Conifer Tree

A: No. Modular trees worked better for that. But these ones are not hollow enough to do what your asking. We do have a hollow hedge you can hide stuff in.

-----

Q: In the previous kickstarter, the Dreadhollow trees were made up of several parts (base + trunk + big canopy + small canopy... repeating randomly until my daughter made a 2 foot tall tree). Is it the same here? The pictures make it look like the conifers are one assembled piece

A: (Elye) These trees are single pieces because the more distinctive shapes - twisted multi-part trunks, etc. - are not well suited to modularity. Whereas the original Dreadhollow trees give you lots of variety for the dominant forest species by being modular, the new trees give you lots of variety by virtue of there being lots of different trees. Together the two mix well to create a really diverse forest landscape.

-----

Q: The Field Guide lists the Blackrot tree as a Dreadhallow forest piece but it is not included in the Titanstooth Glade megapack. I thought Titanstooth includes all forest pieces. Is this a mistake or is that tree truly not included?

A: I'm not sure why the Blackrot tree ended up in the forest section of the field guide, but it features in the swamp pledges rather than the forest ones - it's in both Explore the Swamp and Sorrow Isle. If you're getting a Titanstooth Glade and also want the Blackrot tree, there will be an add-on that includes it available before the KS ends.

-----

Q: Do the holes in the tree stumps go all the way through the piece? If so, can you put the fogger under them and they fog through the holes???

A: No they do not go all the way through the pieces.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:09 am

Q: Are the conifer / evergreen trees in Wildlands the same tree models used in Dreadhollow? If not, will you be making the Dreadhollow trees available, so we can supplement with additional tree models?

A: On the Conifers - they are a new sculpt. The first generation Dreadhollow deciduous trees won’t be in this campaign, but are periodically available on our webstore and we’ve done preorders for some sets like that in the past, might again in the future.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 am

Q: If the trees are slightly deformed from packaging how easy is the fix? Can we use your heat gun solution like on the DOD pieces?

A: (Lady S) Yes, that should work just fine. If you need assistance feel free to email Chuck at customersupport@dwarvenforge.com

-----

Q: Are some of the trees all one piece?
A: Yes they are.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”