PRICE, SHIPPING, and TARIFF CONCERNS

Knightess JenneyOC will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dwarven Forge Wildlands Kickstarter developments here! This is a read-only forum.
JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

PRICE, SHIPPING, and TARIFF CONCERNS

Post by JenneyOC » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:55 am

Q: The price points vs. Quantity of pieces seems to be off to me. I realize there will be some stretch goals, but the per piece cost right now is crazy high for plastic.

A: (Elye) These sets have a much higher proportion of large, intricate pieces than most previous sets, so they're hard to compare to, say, a dungeon set just based on piece numbers. If you think about what you pay for, say, a large dragon miniature and realize that most of these are more massive and equally complex to produce, then (hopefully) the cost is understandable.

A: The cost of the intricate painting is where a large portion of the price per piece is found. There is a video of Erin painting a single dreadhollow floor piece and the amount of time and number of steps is up there with Hellscape.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: PRICE, SHIPPING, and TARIFF CONCERNS

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:16 am

Q: Wildlands untamed painted vs unpainted is ~3,000 difference, yet the shipping (~$800) to Canada which covers customs on total value (13%) is the same on both pledges. Think you are overcharging on one or under charging on the other unless I am missing something.

A: We are looking into it, thanks. VAT is usually higher on painted because it’s based on the retail cost, I don’t know if there’s a peculiarity with Canada or if it’s a bug.

A: (after bug testing) Apparently Yukon and Ontario were correctly charging for shipping, but were not including VAT. Thank you again for flagging this! Much appreciated.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:12 pm

Q: Another question when backing from Europe - are all taxes like VAT and such included in the shipping cost?

A: Mostly, but some non-EU countries do not have VAT accounted for in the Pledge Calculator. UK definitely does. Norway doesn’t. The pledge calculator will tell you for sure, whether it’s inclusive of taxes/fees for your country. https://cx.dwarvenforge.com/wildlands-p ... lculator/

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 am

Q: If shipping costs are a lot, can I just pick up my pledge in Westport?

A: Warehouse pickup is not an option, unfortunately. We don’t own the warehouse.

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:14 am

Q: Sorry for the stupid question, but why is there a shipping cost with the Pack for Battle Pledge? Is it for the Tote bag?

A: That is correct, it’s the base shipping cost for the tote bag. If you pledged for that and nothing else, we’d just mail you a tote bag.

-----

Q:what exactly are these sets shipped in? My old school caverns came in form-fitted, molded Styrofoam so pieces don't rattle around in the box. When I did the DoD intro level I got a box with just the loose pieces in it. Finally, does the tier I select make any difference in terms of what it's shipped in?

A: (GeekJeff) Most sets come divided into small boxes without any styrofoam packing material, just an ungodly number of individual plastic bags to protect them from friction. Dwarvenite is pretty indestructible compared to resin, it can get dropped and knocked around without any issues. Some things like minis with thin parts will get vacuformed plastic clamshells, a few oddly shaped things like floors with protruding tree stumps occasionally get small styrofoam bits just to physically align them in the boxes better.

Here’s how the team sometimes packs up the booth display pieces after conventions. (I will never get tired of this video.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07b_-zv-axU
You don’t need to baby Dwarvenite like your resin.

Return to “Codex Valoria Wildlands”