Requesting footprint dimensions for all applicable pieces (not just floors).

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney.
Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria Wildlands.
You may carry on discussions in the Kickstarter 7 Discussion Forums.
RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Requesting footprint dimensions for all applicable pieces (not just floors).

Post by RisingSeraph » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:33 am

As a request, could we please get footprint dimensions (in squares) for all applicable peices, similar to what is specified with the mountain floors (1x1, 1x2, etc). It would especially be helpful for pieces like the escarpments or swamp banks.

Of course I realize it may not be practical for some of the more unusually shaped pieces, but then instead, what about showing us a photo of a piece or at least an outline of how many squares / spaces they cover?

This would really help backers know how much of something they need for appropriate coverage.

Thank you for your consideration!

ablockoftofu
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Requesting footprint dimensions for all applicable pieces (not just floors).

Post by ablockoftofu » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:58 am

This would be especially useful for banks like you mentioned. I've been trying to wrap my head around the different options all night.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

How About Lining Up the Field Guide Pieces So their Dimensions are CLEAR???

Post by GODofwar » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Knightess, for heavens sake, can't the parts list ( https://cx.dwarvenforge.com/wp-content/ ... s_V1.2.pdf)
LINE UP the parts so the two critical dimensions can be measured? Examples:

DONE RIGHT: Crescent rock SE-704. Long dimension and 90* to that are laid along grid lines.

DONE WRONG: Concave Swamp Bank SB-707, the POINT of the triangle is up, touching a grid line; to get critical dimensions (the two flat sides) I have to mentally rotate the piece and guess where on the grid lines it lines up. Why not put the POINT on a corner and the flat sides along a grid line so the crit dimensions can be measured easily and accurately? bTW I measure this as 5" x 5" when I guess it. That sounds wrong. But that's what I get when I have to GUESS because it is not lined up on the grid.

I know, it probably looks too rectilinear to y'all's artists...guess what, the Field Guide is not an artwork. Its utilitarian and needs to work for folks like me, who can't rotate things in our minds.

urked weasel
WeaselWarGod

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Requesting footprint dimensions for all applicable pieces (not just floors).

Post by pacarat » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:27 pm

A dark lined outline of each piece overlaid on a 1” grid would be sufficient, and could be shown in a corner of each hi res pic...

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:46 am

You should be seeing the piece dimensions being added to the PDF piece guide.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:42 am

Yay!

TLW
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Thank you, this helps so much!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Ask the Knightess”