What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 4084
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm
Location: North of Boston

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by zenako » Sun May 16, 2021 5:58 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:18 pm Some good stuff here and z your not helping with the TTW pledge manager just opened!!
I do what I can... :D and have been looking over the TTW shop for a while today as well...

Clint_Lundgren
Orc
Orc
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by Clint_Lundgren » Mon May 17, 2021 3:06 pm

I was looking over their Webstore as well, and I don't think TTW is for me. The *exterior* detail looks amazing, but the pieces also look fragile and storage would be a huge issue. Also, the interiors, when there are any, just seem to be blank spaces without even openings for stairs between floors.

In other words, they are even less useful for interiors than CBS is currently, and I don't think TTW has any plans to add interior walls. To me, these look like amazing diorama pieces but totally impractical for my gaming needs, and very expensive to boot. I would consider buying one or two as centrepiece items (especially that bridge!), but only if I could get a deal on them.

Edit: Just took a look at their newest line, "Altburg," and the Merchant House, for example, has much more interior detail (and stairs!), but still mostly just open spaces for a huge price that doesn't include most of the accessories. This really only seems like a viable option for a really deep-pocketed gamer with a ton of storage space.

MCharod
Orc
Orc
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:27 pm
Location: Europe - Belgium

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by MCharod » Mon May 17, 2021 5:16 pm

Clint_Lundgren wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:06 pm I was looking over their Webstore as well, and I don't think TTW is for me. The *exterior* detail looks amazing, but the pieces also look fragile and storage would be a huge issue. Also, the interiors, when there are any, just seem to be blank spaces without even openings for stairs between floors.

In other words, they are even less useful for interiors than CBS is currently, and I don't think TTW has any plans to add interior walls. To me, these look like amazing diorama pieces but totally impractical for my gaming needs, and very expensive to boot. I would consider buying one or two as centrepiece items (especially that bridge!), but only if I could get a deal on them.

Edit: Just took a look at their newest line, "Altburg," and the Merchant House, for example, has much more interior detail (and stairs!), but still mostly just open spaces for a huge price that doesn't include most of the accessories. This really only seems like a viable option for a really deep-pocketed gamer with a ton of storage space.
That's the 2 main reasons as well I sticked to their Graveyard items from the KS and didn't add any of their buildings to my pledge.
Want to see what KS8 has to offer before I spend any more money on TTW.

User avatar
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 6516
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Flaming bunny Warren, Valoria
Contact:

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 18, 2021 6:28 am

zenako wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:58 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:18 pm Some good stuff here and z your not helping with the TTW pledge manager just opened!!
I do what I can... :D and have been looking over the TTW shop for a while today as well...
We ended up with mostly their Graveyard stuff, Their buildings while highly detailed just don't do it for us. We did add the Monument as a taster of their non graveyard offering as we felt it would look good in town square.

We think what we don't like about TTW sculpts is that they are of buildings that are already old, several hundreds of years old. Like they are modelled on 19th century buildings as they look now, rather then when they were built. Which to us would fit the aesthetic of the era we are trying to recreate better.

But that is just our opinion and these days we are looking for reasons not to get more tabletop terrain ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Ime202
Kobold
Kobold
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:21 am

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by Ime202 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:08 pm

Many already covered things I’d like to see... larger rooms, different roof options, seedy and opulent settings...

I definitely want to see more cathedral but with the option of ruins along with it, darker settings where the adventure lies.

I got the fisherman’s cottage in TTW because I didn’t think DF would do anything like that but if they could pull off places like that, farms, blacksmith, warehouse, etc. with some modular pieces so you could add fiddly bits and turn a stock into one of those themed buildings I think that would be a show stopper

Clint_Lundgren
Orc
Orc
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by Clint_Lundgren » Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am

I think their proposal for different facades has a lot of potential to give us those more esoteric locations while preserving modularity. I'm really liking a lot of the ideas they've presented for KS8. Interior walls is my biggest need - check. My second would be larger, more modular roof options, and then different build materials/facades. Check and check. Then I would like to see larger interior spaces and doors...also covered.

There are lot of things I would still love to see added (thatch roofs! shoreline!), but they seem to be covering the core needs very well.

User avatar
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 6516
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Flaming bunny Warren, Valoria
Contact:

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 19, 2021 6:36 am

Clint_Lundgren wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am I think their proposal for different facades has a lot of potential to give us those more esoteric locations while preserving modularity.

...
We totally agree :)

We think the facades will provide some awesome variations to how basic buildings look without changing shape.

They are pretty much backward compatible, you just need the new posts to be able to use them with current CBS.

Excited to see what options DF are going to offer with facades.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

User avatar
Hexenmond
Orc
Orc
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:56 am
Location: Germany

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by Hexenmond » Thu May 20, 2021 4:18 am

After some extensive testing with interior-focused builds, I have a new most desired piece/set: A corner post in all styles with three flat sides and one functional side. It would make blending CBS portions of a build with any of the DF interior sets much prettier.

And before somebody mentions it: The "turn the unused side away" trick does not work when building directly against other DF tiles, because it creates overhang and leads to crooked walls.

realarete
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by realarete » Tue May 25, 2021 12:47 pm

Sets? Hmmm ... has anyone mentioned Water Tiles?!?

Ok, stepping out of the room ....

Tbh it literally NEEDS to be said/asked every kickstarter.

User avatar
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 4673
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 pm
Location: Redwood Empire

Re: What KS8 Sets Are You Hoping For?

Post by kitenerd » Tue May 25, 2021 1:29 pm

lostpict wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:51 pm I have a silly wish. A simple 4x4 dirt floor tile with peg holes and enough texture that if you paint it green it looks like turf. So it would be useful for cellar floors, hovel floors, stable floors, dirt road, market space, garden plot, green lawn, etc. Of course it could be enhanced with 1x1, 1x2, 2x4, and bank variants, but they aren't necessary.
YUP!

Plain wood walls and a thatched roof and my CBS just got 100% better

I want this more than diagonals 2x4 and all the varying funky roof peaks (sorry William)

I realize i am jumping into a fruit salad of apples and oranges here, but i need a new theme more than variations on an existing theme - sorry to put veggies in the fruit salad
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Post Reply

Return to “Pre-KS8 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest