August 2007 Contest -- The Medieval Tavern/Inn

shoesan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by shoesan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:56 pm

When is the next contest going to be posted???

Shoe

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:36 pm

What a wonderful gift!!!!

thomast22
Orc
Orc

Post by thomast22 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:53 am

Maybe it will be the cavern sets. Like 1 cavern set, 1 cavern passages, 1 lake, 1 cavern river/wall set. I gave a set of each to my wife so she can get ready for the contest. She has done some nice set ups. It's hard for me to limit myself to just a few sets.

lupus
Orc
Orc

Post by lupus » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:21 pm

I agree with Northman, would love to give the contest a go. Just need to own sufficient sets to enter :) MY problem is picking up the stuff after the contest is over :P

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:25 pm

I hope it's Not sci-fi... While i love the Sci-Fi
We need DF accosories before that one can done, or the set ups will just look so bland...

Thenorthman
Orc
Orc

Post by Thenorthman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 pm

I am a itchin to try the next contest. :O)

Hopefully it will be some stuff I have!

My luck it will be Sci-Fi which I do not have..........YET! :O)

Think it will be the old Dungeon Set? Or something new they have coming out?

Sean

shoesan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by shoesan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:53 pm

I was kinda handicapped on this one as I only have one set of MBS, and I like to do a second level, even if it is just a small piece of the design. I am real curious to see what the next contest is going to be!

Shoe

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:43 pm

shoesan
I realized i use those "room types" a Lot, in my layouts, in the Sith Temple, Dorm rooms kind of like this, in the AvJ Droid Recharge Stations, In this Cheap Rooms, in a Star Wars Death Star map, Detention cells., and i think there are more examples in others, it's a design motif i tend to repeat (largely to use all of the corners ;) ).

I knew i was going to use them, but was like what should they be this time.... thinking thinking thinking... Cheap rooms for adventurers, (they were actually the first things i put on paper for the design, and then built out from them), the Hero Room was the one that took the longest to figure out. I was going to do two single rooms, and the private bed rooms were going to be private meeting rooms, but i could not get a config i liked with what i had left, for what became the heros. That space only worked as a big room, i thought private dinning but it was just too big (with in my mind at that time private rooms to the south), it looked like it could hold a party and all its gear... which is when i decided i liked that idea, and gave me a chance to use the treasure items ;) Which i wasn't going to use.

Thoth, Fiddy, Myrthe
Thanks i had fun with this one, glad people like it.
and Myrthe Are you going to the Time Machine on Saturday, Huh Huh Huh?
;)

Shadox Mimic/borrow away, have fun with it, i put the map up in the forum, borrow from others and make it your own, that's what these forums are for i have always felt, the chance to get good ideas....