August 2007 Contest -- The Medieval Tavern/Inn

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:13 pm

As was mentioned before, when i finish the "time jumper" I will go back in time and erase Jeff's typo and all these other e-mails will just disapear...the butterfly effects are what's actually holding us up on this..........

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:25 pm

And I'm still trying to score a DOOR RAFT!!!!!!!!

shoesan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by shoesan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:30 pm

I am STILL trying to score some lizardmen myself.. including the ambushers!!!

Shoe

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:02 pm

Feel free to use any official DF miniatures or accessories (MM-012, MM-013, MM-016) to round out your display. We realize that lack of non-monster figures is going to be a bit of a challenge.

I almost joked when i first wrote earlier, that well you know what the solution to that problem of "lack of non monster figures" is, DF just has to bang out before the end of June a (in my mind Much much wanted) set of pre-painted tavern goers, townsfolk... :D. So we can have something to use in the DF Contest. and so some one will make them...

I hadn't looked at the DF figures in the past, untill i got some of the Skeletons in the DoE pre-order, now i have to say Darn i like these. I want to get some of the Lizardmen, but they are all gone...

zoonat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by zoonat » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:16 am

Well, I don't have any MB sets, but I'm really looking forward to everyone's setups. I think the move to a quarterly format makes a lot of sense as monthly would have been awfully frenetic. Given 3 months, I can only imagine how sweet these entries are going to be!

zoonat

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:58 am

Echoing the "one MBS and two Expansion sets." I do plan on getting another MBS, so I'll have to set up an order fairly soon.

I missed out on entering the Den of Evil contest - too much going on between work, school, and home. I'll try for this one.
Make Mine Master Maze!

shoesan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by shoesan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Harnloot... I am with ya brother... I got 2 Expansions and 1 Basic set as well! Guess I found something to spend my $100 on already!

On a side note... shouldn't the MBS contest wait until after the new tavern set is released? That should be right around the corner, right? Maybe MBS as the third contest so it can include the new set as well? Or has there been some sort of holdup for the new tavern set?

Shoe

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:13 pm

Darn, I don't have expansion set. This will be a lot harder, especially without any non-DF miniatures.
I badly need this certificate, just to cover the shipping to canada on my next order. :-(

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:15 pm

Awesome, that's just the # i have :) :D

Harneloot order one quick ;)

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:12 pm

*** We have decided that a monthly contest is too much to ask of our collectors, so we are moving to a quarterly format. ***

The June-August '07 contest will run between now and August 31st, 2007. Please submit up to FIVE photos of your coolest set-up use the following sets:

(2) MM-026 Medieval Building Sets

(1) MM-028 Medieval Building Expansion Set

Theme: To give the contest some focus, let's say the theme to this month's contest is to build the quintessential fantasy Tavern/Inn. Let's show newbies what kind of cool layouts they can make with a few of the MBS sets. Feel free to use any official DF miniatures or accessories (MM-012, MM-013, MM-016) to round out your display. We realize that lack of non-monster figures is going to be a bit of a challenge.

The winner of the contest will be announced Sept. 1st, and that person will receive a $100 Dwarven Forge gift certificate.

Please submit your photos in this folder. Good luck!