May 2007 Contest -- The Den of Evil!

Shadox
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Shadox » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:10 am

Hello All,

Congrats to the winners!!! I was out of action for a week so I have nto gotten to tell everyone nice job. My players are going to suffer now... he he he

-Shadox

philip
Orc
Orc

Post by philip » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:12 pm

Thoth would you post a close up of your idol? I really like your out of the norm paint jobs on your terrain peices!

THOTH
Orc
Orc

Post by THOTH » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:54 pm

1 more

THOTH
Orc
Orc

Post by THOTH » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:46 pm

I reworked my setup and liked the results. Hope you do as well. (I realize that the contest is over but I wanted to take some cracks at a DOE setup regardless)

IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/ ... fbced8.jpg

IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/ ... 5be399.jpg

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:37 pm

The coupon codes will be going out later today. My laptop was recently inflicted with the Vista virus, and it has slowed me down.

Thanks for your patience.

zoonat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by zoonat » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:19 am

Thanks to everyone for their comments on mine and other's setups. And a HUGE thanks to Jeff and Stephan for not only having this contest, but then rewarding everyone! That made my day! After reading that announcement, I immediately started checking out the individual pieces I crave the most... like a kid in a candy shop!

zoonat

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:12 am

Here are a few random shots of my entry that I didn't include -- didn't want to post these before the contest was over, for fear of biasing the judges by sneaking around the official rules. These are some nice, shots, I think - but in some ways the biggest challenge with this contest, for me, was keeping to five pictures! If you only include the kind of close-up shots I like, you don't convey the layout as a whole -- but lots of long shots and you don't get to show off some of the neat details! Very challenging.

In any case, these were some of my favorite shots, I really liked putting these GW elves here -- I liked the effect, against that black backdrop. But since it was against the rules, these pics were a no go.

Anyhoo, enjoy!

L

Myrthe
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Myrthe » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:39 am

Great set-ups !!!

Congrats to all of you !!!

gdmcbride
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gdmcbride » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:52 am

GdMcbride - Not sure I'd have the guts to actually stack my DOE stuff like that! hehe
-Aubrey

Actually, its funny you should mention that. Although I did have a few tumbles early on in building, the facade was actually quite stable. In fact, due to RL getting in the way, I had to leave it standing almost twenty four hours before I could get around to actually photographing it. It did just fine.

Gary

Aubrey
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Aubrey » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:57 am

Wow...Thanks Stephan, Jeff, and the DF staff! I had fun doing the setup and I enjoyed checking out all of the cool ideas that came from all of the entries. I really try hard to approach each setup artistically while maintaining gaming functionality and I wasn't really sure how well that would work out in this case. I had my doubts since this wasn't purely a photo contest and other factors were equally important, but I'm glad that everyone seems to enjoy the more "dramatic" nature of my images even though I still have a ways to go (in my opinion) in terms of setup.

I'd like to comment on some of my favorite images now that the contest is over.

Shadox - Love the book on the circular corner pieces idea!

GdMcbride - Not sure I'd have the guts to actually stack my DOE stuff like that! hehe

Harneloot - Really liked how you had the pieces at an angle to the next level. Looks like fun!

Ghenghis Ska - Your 3rd pic is my favorite in this contest. I'd love to get higher rez stuff if you have it. nice work!

Zoonat - I loved your 4th pic! reminded me of Wow for some reason.

L - I loved the room with the benches/pillars. Not sure why exactly because the rasied platform at the end is really cooler in terms of setup I suppose...but I really like something about the composition of the photo with the benches
more.

Shoesan - Fun layout! The test of fire idea is very slick and I like the camera angles.

95svtcobra - Loved your 3rd pic. Nice layout and choice of minis...looks very dangerous in there!

Mcwulf - The debris/barricades idea was sweet! Used that this past weekend! thanks!

Grimlok - I really liked the raised section in the back...very nice.

Good job to everyone and congrats to Shoesan, Ghenghis Ska, and GdMcbride!

-Aubrey