Royal Stronghold buildout details

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Royal Stronghold buildout details

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:57 am

The PM starts THE WEEK OF the 18th, so maybe not exactly on the 18th.

Then 3-4 weeks. So looks like into early May.

Gonna be tough to decide on everything.....
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:39 am

DeGazio wrote:Hello everyone, I have posted this question on multiple forums but no-one has yet responded to it. Please can someone tell me if we are getting buttresses or not?
We have pretty much been told to wait for the pledge manager. Also been told many things they had hoped/planned will not be there. All will be revealed within a couple of weeks... then there will be three-ish weeks to lock in your pledge.

DeGazio
Kobold
Kobold

Post by DeGazio » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:18 am

Hello everyone, I have posted this question on multiple forums but no-one has yet responded to it. Please can someone tell me if we are getting buttresses or not?

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:41 pm

I am a very visual person and would like the build pictures from the rear and with the wall covers off. To me these would be the proverbial picture that is worth a thousand words. :D
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

mcmonte
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mcmonte » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:47 pm

Excellent, that's exactly what I was hoping. So the RS already has all the pieces you need to fill out the cutout corners, correct?

I was thinking of either getting two Grand Citadel breakout packs, or one Grand Citadel and One Count's Castle breakout pack to go with the Stronghold.

That would seem to be all you need to have a full set of towers + a total standalone Citadel.

DonTheDime
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DonTheDime » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:16 pm

mcmonte wrote:In the Royal Stronghold parts list:

Dungeon Door Wall 2
Dungeon Solid Wall 4
Dungeon 3/4 Solid Wall 4

Are these not the "buildout" pieces? I know they are called "Dungeon" but in the pictures I can't find any KS1 pieces. I also can't see how these pieces have been used in the photos, are they included in the RS to allow the completion of the corner walls?
Those are the same pieces used to fill in the 'hole' in the Corner Cutout walls. Also found in the Cutout Corner pack and Small Tower Breakout pack, just named differently.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:13 pm

I believe those are the same pieces as in the Small Tower Breakout pack, Cutout Corner Wall pack and two of the three were Stretch'd into the Grand Citadel. They are used to fill the corner cutout when a tower is not present. The door piece was added in case you want a door into the stronghold.

mcmonte
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mcmonte » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:01 pm

In the Royal Stronghold parts list:

Dungeon Door Wall 2
Dungeon Solid Wall 4
Dungeon 3/4 Solid Wall 4

Are these not the "buildout" pieces? I know they are called "Dungeon" but in the pictures I can't find any KS1 pieces. I also can't see how these pieces have been used in the photos, are they included in the RS to allow the completion of the corner walls?

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:10 am

It's less complicated than it looks really, you can deconstruct it from the Parts list and the photos already provided.

It's a double thick wall made with cube spacers across the back. There are no Wall Platforms or Corner Wall Platforms/Corner Transistion platforms included back there at all, the whole back wall is 4x4 and 4x8 Roof Platform across the back. This means there are no corbels from Wall Platform clips along the back wall.

In front of that is a rectangular area made from the non-cutout front corner walls you'd find in a Grand Citadel. On top of the back platform is a 4x6 (I think) building made from standard City Builder parts.

The implications on your construction choices I can think of are below, but the short version is: it's no big deal, you can pretty much fix any differences by purchasing a Straight Wall pack or filling some space in with Dungeon/City floors

The implications as far as build modularity go:
- you can remove the front of the keep area and still have a Double Thick enclosed back wall without buying extra parts, assuming that the Corner Walls can be used as inside walls. You will need to fill in some floor tiles though
- you should be able to break out the back 2 towers without buying any extra Tower Breakout packs. Front tower breakout would require packs.
- you get fewer 8x8 floors with Royal Stronghold than you get with Grand Citadel, if you had your eye on those 8x8s for other uses.
- if you want a Single Thick back wall, you may need extra parts because you don't have Wall Platforms for the back wall.
- if you wanted to reconfigure the set as just a long city wall, you could not go quite as long as a Grand Citadel with 1 sided walls due to lack of Wall Platforms. You could go a similar length with double sided, single thick walls but some of them would be minutely shorter.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Royal Stronghold buildout details

Post by lostpict » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 am

Knightess,

There has been lots of discussion on the forums that some alternate build decisions were implemented for the back wall / tower / keep section of the Royal Stronghold. Can Nate do some 360 pictures of the Royal Stronghold so that we can see the backside and can he also show as a deconstruction of the back section so that we can see how the keep and tower sections work? That would help me to figure out whether to buy the RS or the GC in the PM. Thanks!
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com