Shipping cost is massive

TheCube
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Shipping cost is massive

Post by TheCube » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 am

I agree with it. In kickstarter projects shipping cost are more than expected...

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:35 am

Pkunky wrote:Uhm, is it okay to negotiate for a better shipping rate as a general thing? I noticed that the cost to get parcels sent out to Aus jumped a ton over the last few years in the store, and I'm pretty sure it works out to be a lot more than standard shipping would be by weight and size, but I didn't know if part of that was a packing fee or something as well. :/

I've backed out of the store front a few times now, when I've realised my shipping was over half again of what I was buying.
I could be mistaken, but I would surmise that the system works off of worst case generalities rather than actual shipping costs. Contacting directly may afford the option to get a better rate. I'm honestly not certain if that is encouraged or not, but I don't think it would hurt to email and ask. I would just refrain from asking frivolously and make sure you have a purchase in mind.

Pkunky
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Pkunky » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Uhm, is it okay to negotiate for a better shipping rate as a general thing? I noticed that the cost to get parcels sent out to Aus jumped a ton over the last few years in the store, and I'm pretty sure it works out to be a lot more than standard shipping would be by weight and size, but I didn't know if part of that was a packing fee or something as well. :/

I've backed out of the store front a few times now, when I've realised my shipping was over half again of what I was buying.

steelman
Kobold
Kobold

Post by steelman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks for the tip!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:39 pm

If you are making a medium order that falls somewhere near 2-5 KG, email Suzy at DF directly, as she can usually give you better shipping. The store's calculator is not very good at all.

For example, for me in Japan, I can get 35.00 shipping for up to two pounds, but then it jumps to 145.00 in the store's calculator. If I email Suzy, I can get shipping between those two price points.

dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com

or

dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

steelman
Kobold
Kobold

Shipping cost is massive

Post by steelman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Man the shipment is killing your customer satisfaction, i'm paying £39.60 for shipment. That's the same amount I payed for shipping a crokinole board from Canada. Nothing from the UK i've ever ordered comes close that amount. I've just checkout a pair of dumbbells 30 kg weight i had to pay 22£ for that. £39.60 for a couple of kilos of game tiles, there practically indestructible. What am I missing?

Return to “Ask Dwarven Forge Europe”