Lots of DF pics NOT on the forums

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Re: Lots of DF pics NOT on the forums

Post by Teulisch » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:49 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/DwarvenForge/

there is a subreddit now for DF, but it only has 8 members so far. so head on over, and we can have our discussions over there.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:34 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:I know some sites that have a live Twitter feed and their most recent FB status update in some windows on their websites. That way those that either don't use FB/Twitter or those that don't want to go there at that moment can at least get a recent glimpse of activity.
That's a really good point. I have the twitter feed on our newsroom page at the hospital where I work.

Something like this, Animesensai?
http://tbrhsc.net/newsroom/
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:48 am

I know some sites that have a live Twitter feed and their most recent FB status update in some windows on their websites. That way those that either don't use FB/Twitter or those that don't want to go there at that moment can at least get a recent glimpse of activity.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:40 am

I agree with Douglas. And the notices could be reduced in size, so the "MEAT" of why we are there is higher on page. :?: ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:28 am

I would support putting links to their facebook and twitter accounts on the forums top page, or even the site top page.

I do not belong to any of those SNses, but if it is public I am willing to look.

I should catch fewer social diseases from the outside of the window looking in.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Harneloot wrote:Stumbled across this Dwarven Forge layout picture bonanza while looking for images of Traps Set 2 to show my son. I don't think I have seen any of these on the forums, which is a huge shame. I am not a luddite, but I have no interest in Pintrest, or Tweeting or Facebooking or any of the rest of it (and I am not even 50 yet!).

I am beginning to feel a bit abandoned by Official Dwarven Forge postings here on their very own forums :(

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dwarvenforge
Something to consider, they have to pay for a bandwidth package for this site. Good pics eat up a lot of bandwidth. A good compromise might be for them to put more links to pictures up. One place with a link to where they post pictures outside of the main page (maybe under the pictures link on the main page), and maybe even some outside links on the actual product pages in the store so that people can see more of the sets in use?

There are several good reasons to do what they're doing, but I also get that some of their hardcore and vocal supporters are on the forums first and other sources second or not at all. The solution above may not be ideal, but it would be step toward resolving that for those folks and it would also help to steer new folks that do use those formats to the places DF is on them. If this kind of thing already exists on the site, I hadn't realized.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Unfortunately, forums are kind of like dinosaurs. Social media is where it's at. I wasn't much on any of the social media sites, but ended up getting involved with a pile of crafting and gaming groups on Facebook... it's pretty much the only social media platform I care to frequent for the generally great people with the same hobbies as me.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Lots of DF pics NOT on the forums

Post by Harneloot » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Stumbled across this Dwarven Forge layout picture bonanza while looking for images of Traps Set 2 to show my son. I don't think I have seen any of these on the forums, which is a huge shame. I am not a luddite, but I have no interest in Pintrest, or Tweeting or Facebooking or any of the rest of it (and I am not even 50 yet!).

I am beginning to feel a bit abandoned by Official Dwarven Forge postings here on their very own forums :(

https://twitter.com/hashtag/dwarvenforge