Why All the Secrecy Around KS5?

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Why All the Secrecy Around KS5?

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:42 pm

We're legions out of this facebook, tweeter & instagram worlds.
I prefer an official website with information. May be I'm getting old concentrating everything in a point is better.

It would be great to see a KS with sewers add-ons.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:20 am

In fact I sent DF a message through Facebook about two weeks ago asking about showing some KS5 pics and the response was that pics would be coming "soon". The problem with soon is that soon is very subjective. Hopefully "soon" is soon. :mrgreen:

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 am

I check both Stefan's and Dwarven Forge's Facebook nearly every day, and nope not a word.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:26 am

Is one of the *regulars* from these forums monitoring the Dwarven Forge FB page? Maybe there have been beans spilled there? Not to beat a dead horse, but it seems like Stefan and the rest of the DF crew hang out there instead of here.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:15 am

I can tell you that Stefan is very excited for this KS. So much so that he couldn't stick to one method of communication when talking to me the other day. I was asking and answering questions and on Facebook messaging, texts, and emails all at the same time in rapid fire succession. Too fast for me to finish typing on one form before getting 2 or 3 more alerts from the other forms. I have no idea where he gets his energy but it certainly is contagious! :D
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:07 pm

There is another reason for them not to reveal too much too soon.

If they show too much another company could copy the ideas and come out with a rush KS, there by stealing DF thunder.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:05 pm

There is a fine balance between giving away too much and not giving away enough to create hype/hysteria/frenzy.

Often in the past DF has leaked a few too many beans and it makes the KS somewhat anti climactic... Hence the creation of the position of Royal Beanslayer. Our beanslayer this time around has been so effective, that i am not even the least excited about KS5. Oh sure, i will be there... but it doesn't have the fun hype and build up of years past.

I know they want to wait until fulfillment has begun to launch a KS for what they are all no doubt excited about and keeping under wraps. And i also believe that the wait is probably making them as crazy as it is making all of us.

So why not let a little bit out... so we can all get worked up about something!!!!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:21 pm

And it still feels like they are being super slow revealing info on KS5. I know it is most like just that they ar busy and have not had much time to drop info, but it would be a lot more fun if we could get weekly teasers. It would make waiting for our Castle stuff and KS5 much more enjoyable, and it would live up the conversation around here.

Just looking forward to more info.. Thanks, for all you do.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:Thanks for the reveal. I like this, dungeons are probably the most used by any gamer so makes sense to flush it out more.

Can I again recommend some dungeon floor style torch stands to place minis on to represent them carrying a torch? I use 1 from city builder when playing hero kids with my boys and its their favorite piece.

Also how about a led exchangable floor like the one in KS5 where you can swap the cover between a murky pool, poison pool, clear poll, fire pit etc...
You know what would be cool? I like how the Catacombs set had interchangable light effects. A wall-mounted torch via a painted clear-cast dwarvenite torch (ala fiber optics) would be sweet.
Yes agree I like this idea. What's so great about the torch stands is that it illuminates the walls everywhere you go since it moves with the party.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Blue Prophet wrote:
Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:The pillars are nifty for all those Rogues out there who want to hide in the shadows:)
I play D&D 3.5, and always thought it funny that it is most common to have lots of bare stone rooms in dungeons. Even without 3D terrain you would tend to just describe mostly empty rooms, maybe with some furniture occasionally.

But a rogue needs cover nearby in order to attempt hiding. So cool idea to have lots of pillars that provide those shadows.
It is amazing how much more entertaining combat is if there is stuff in the room. All sorts of tactical options open up. Even just L shaped rooms. Get combat out of the doorway

One of the most fun encounters i have ever run was from a module (written by Mike Mearls i believe) There were two rows of. 4 pillars running thr length of the room. When you touched one you rolled a d8 and teleported to a different pillar. It was chaos. Monsters and pcs everywhere. Flanking? I dont think so ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939