Shipping to Canada has only one option now?

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Re: Shipping to Canada has only one option now?

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:01 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:Dang, you scored big time. That's like $600 worth of Dwarvenite in your hands, even unpainted. CONGRATS!

BTW, during KS1 that would have cost ~$330 if I remember right; that's how good of a deal KS1 was. I don't think we'll get to that level again but I would expect still a sizable discount if you do find something that interests you. :)

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you get what works best for you!
It was all prepainted. I only get prepainted sets! :D
As for KS5 I'm hyped to see what's coming for sure. Nate also said some pieces for other theme could make it in (caverns and CBS I presume) so I'm hyped for that too! The only thing that would make me backup KS5 100% sure is fit they remade their Catacombs resin sets in Dwarvenite. THAT I would gladly back up...IT LOOK SO SICK!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:57 pm

Dang, you scored big time. That's like $600 worth of Dwarvenite in your hands, even unpainted. CONGRATS!

BTW, during KS1 that would have cost ~$330 if I remember right; that's how good of a deal KS1 was. I don't think we'll get to that level again but I would expect still a sizable discount if you do find something that interests you. :)

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you get what works best for you!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:50 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
jgt4242 wrote:Then KS4 will come out and KS5 will start, in wich I probably won't participate to give me a break until that come out on the website probably next year lol, but again it all depend on what come out of it.
I wouldn't wait for the KS5 inventory to hit the webstore unless money really is no object. Prices are MUCH cheaper during the kickstarter and shipping is either free or cheaper, depending on where you live.
I know that, but you also got to wait almost a year to get your stuffs so I don't know. Like I said I'll see what there's in it. The majority of it is probably some variants on the dungeon theme so even if I wait for that I don't care. It's like ice and lava cavern. I want some, but those variants of cavern are the only thing in caverns I didn't bought yet too...variants can wait a bit.

Also things like theme pack in KS4 I can't care less, same for LED pieces, not my type of things. I mean I'm really hype for KS5 to see what will come out, but I doubt I will back it up, not with all the things I can buy and get right away on the website right now.

Unlike many of you I just got my dungeon pieces, like in september, a 5 sets pledge I won on ebay with every unlocked kickstarter bonuses in it + a chamber of sorrow and a dungeon accessories pack. I won it for like 400$ and everything's in perfect condition. Hell some of the set were still brand new and sealed...I really got lucky. I won't need variety for dungeons for quite a while.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:14 pm

jgt4242 wrote:Then KS4 will come out and KS5 will start, in wich I probably won't participate to give me a break until that come out on the website probably next year lol, but again it all depend on what come out of it.
I wouldn't wait for the KS5 inventory to hit the webstore unless money really is no object. Prices are MUCH cheaper during the kickstarter and shipping is either free or cheaper, depending on where you live.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:57 pm

kitenerd wrote:i order a few hundred dollars a year and they treat me like royalty...

if you order a few thousand in 6 months you are in the pantheon of the god like ;)

Suzy will take care of you no matter what - they love ALL their customers!
Yeah that's pretty much 2000$ in about 4 months and a half.
Got for another 5-600$ of DF sets on ebay.

Since I just started I needed to get lot of backlog stuff...still in that, but I bought so much that my buy list got reduced big time lol. Still I lack a thing or two for dungeons, same for caverns and I'm about hallfway in my CBS stuff (not including the Sewers).

Then KS4 will come out and KS5 will start, in wich I probably won't participate to give me a break until that come out on the website probably next year lol, but again it all depend on what come out of it.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 pm

i order a few hundred dollars a year and they treat me like royalty...

if you order a few thousand in 6 months you are in the pantheon of the god like ;)

Suzy will take care of you no matter what - they love ALL their customers!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:24 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
jgt4242 wrote:I just wrote about that on their Facebook page...almost no one wirte there so they'll see my message. Next time I'll put an order if shipping is so high I'll write to Suzy to check it out. I don't see myself paying more for the shipping than for the product, but thing is I know it's a bug and I don't know if they know about it.

I'm pretty sure they get an automated price via USPS, but if it's lime on eBay that's so messed up it's crazy. Lot of times on ebay automated prices for shipping from US to Canada are like 5 times the actual price. You got to read the actual auction cause most sellers know it and put another price for international shipping to Canada in their description.

I'ts just that...I don't want to harrass Suzy with that each time I make an order. I started collecing DF in late august and already made 4 orders LOL! If I get to write to her 6-8 times a year about that I'll feel bad for her lol...
I don't think DF has any issue with helping customers make orders. :) You're probably one of their best ones over the past few months; they need to keep you happy!
Don't know if I'm one of the best customers since I started. I bought for about 2000$ on this website...when I see other peoples making orders of 10-15 sets on the DF fan page on Facebook. Some of those are clearly richer than me lol. The reply on my Facebook message was pretty much what you said...just got to email them to look at the issue. Still...I will feel like I harass them each time! :lol:

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:09 am

jgt4242 wrote:I'ts just that...I don't want to harrass Suzy with that each time I make an order. I started collecing DF in late august and already made 4 orders LOL! If I get to write to her 6-8 times a year about that I'll feel bad for her lol...
I agree - I would not worry at all about sending e-mail inquiries to help you complete your orders :D

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:22 am

jgt4242 wrote:I just wrote about that on their Facebook page...almost no one wirte there so they'll see my message. Next time I'll put an order if shipping is so high I'll write to Suzy to check it out. I don't see myself paying more for the shipping than for the product, but thing is I know it's a bug and I don't know if they know about it.

I'm pretty sure they get an automated price via USPS, but if it's lime on eBay that's so messed up it's crazy. Lot of times on ebay automated prices for shipping from US to Canada are like 5 times the actual price. You got to read the actual auction cause most sellers know it and put another price for international shipping to Canada in their description.

I'ts just that...I don't want to harrass Suzy with that each time I make an order. I started collecing DF in late august and already made 4 orders LOL! If I get to write to her 6-8 times a year about that I'll feel bad for her lol...
I don't think DF has any issue with helping customers make orders. :) You're probably one of their best ones over the past few months; they need to keep you happy!

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:26 am

I just wrote about that on their Facebook page...almost no one wirte there so they'll see my message. Next time I'll put an order if shipping is so high I'll write to Suzy to check it out. I don't see myself paying more for the shipping than for the product, but thing is I know it's a bug and I don't know if they know about it.