Facebook Image Test

Can You See The Facebook Image?

Poll ended at Wed May 10, 2017 10:33 am

Yes, I can see it AND yes, I'm friended with you on Facebook.
23%
Yes, I can see it AND no, I'm not friended with you on Facebook.
73%
No, I cannot see it AND yes, I'm friended with you on Facebook.
No votes
No, I cannot see it AND no, I'm not friended with you on Facebook.
4%

Total votes: 26

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Facebook Image Test

Post by Oldent » Sun May 07, 2017 9:07 am

I resisted a cell phone until my mother broke her hip.The flip phone was fine. I did not up grade to the smart phone until I broke it during one of mothers hospital stays.I did not have time to think about it so I purchased what the lady recommended.The Smart phone is both too small and too large. I have trouble with the touchpad keyboard.I love the camera. I have only used the GPS tingy once.I really like it. Now I want to up grade the radio in the truck like the blue tube hands free screen that is available in new cars.I under utilize the smart phone because the lap top is easier for me.

I am still a member of some email user groups but not many people still use them. I use Face book to keep up with out of state relatives. I am a member of several closed groups involving building, trading and collecting.The game club group makes scheduling games easy. I also like how to U tube videos.It is easy to purge the expletive deleted social expletive deleted
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun May 07, 2017 7:31 am

I like your way of getting back to them on your time, LordDust. My mother did buy a flip-type cellphone for me a decade ago, but I put it in a drawer and never used it. I'm sure it's still there under a pile of paper. The main irritation with "smart" phones is the lack of memory all my friends seem to now have, they use it way too much for every little thing. It's as if they can't remember to breath without it. Things that are so mundane which wouldn't have even mattered or required an answer years ago, now require a look into those mini-mass-memory-machines. I'm also shocked at how many car accidents have happened due to the distraction of cellphones. Plus you can always find someone in emergencies that will let you use theirs if needed. So, I'll still be shooting for being the last person in America without a cellphone.
Although I will try the I-tunes podcast's on the computer.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun May 07, 2017 5:07 am

William wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 6:23 pm
Thanks Zach.
I'll have to have my wife show me what's-what with I-tunes, having never used it. I've never had the need to do music that way due to my extended LP and CD collection. 1000's of both, so it'll be a new thing for me. Being at home all the time, there is no need for a cellphone either. I know I live in an electronic-dark-age, but I kind of like it that way. But, I will give it a try. ;)
It took my wife years when we first started dating to convince me that I should get a cell. I hated the things. Everyone expected you to drop everything and answer every time. I still get asked, "Why didn't you answer your phone?" Well, because I was talking with someone, spending time with someone, hanging out with my kid, painting, or maybe I just didn't want to talk right now! So many people expect everyone to be available 24/7 anymore.

I've gotten used to having a smart phone now, the thing is like a digital Swiss Army Knife. I've grudgingly accepted the thing and most people that call or text me have realized that while I will always get back to them, I'm not nearly as instant as most folks. I've been told by my younger siblings and by some friends that I'm an old curmudgeon trapped in an unfortunate younger guy (they can't say "younger guy" much longer, lol). I actually like technology, but I don't always like some of it's side effects, particularly some of the social impacts. Dems the breaks of progress I suppose.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat May 06, 2017 6:42 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 4:59 pm
William, you should also check out some of the good podcasts some groups do. You can download them at night and then listen in the day or whenever you want. Critical Hit his my favorite.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cri ... ow-sidebar
Yeah, Critical Hit is our favourite, too (me and my wife). We've even purchased a few Tee's from their store and were able to get the first offer of the CH dice when they were available. :-)

Edit: holy brain fart. The names are so close. We're fans of Critical Role, not Critical Hit (it's the first time I've heard of Critical Hit. I'll have to check it out now)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat May 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Thanks Zach.
I'll have to have my wife show me what's-what with I-tunes, having never used it. I've never had the need to do music that way due to my extended LP and CD collection. 1000's of both, so it'll be a new thing for me. Being at home all the time, there is no need for a cellphone either. I know I live in an electronic-dark-age, but I kind of like it that way. But, I will give it a try. ;)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat May 06, 2017 4:59 pm

William, you should also check out some of the good podcasts some groups do. You can download them at night and then listen in the day or whenever you want. Critical Hit his my favorite.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cri ... ow-sidebar
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri May 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I can see the C.R. dice and bag and I'm not a FB user at all.
Thanks Josh. :)

By the way, I "only" come to the Forum, absolutely no social media on my part, so I had never heard of Critical Role until those posts a month ago in the Celebrity Thread. I also don't play any video/computer games, because when I was living with a co-worker/gamer years ago (1990's) he ALWAYS kicked my ass, so I gave up and preferred to watch others play the games. My fingers just don't function well with controllers. Since that post, I've watched 23 of the first 'shows' and love it, Matt Mercer is a fine DM and with them all being voice actors makes it's a fun time (kind of like the basement of 'The 70's Show').

I also like reading and watching anything about history and kind-of an anti-Hollywood person. Actors/celebrities get way too much praise for what they do in my opinion. But boy they sure influence our society, which irritates me a little bit. There are those who sacrifice everything and are not only not praised, but derided by the Hollywood types, that is another reason I'm not into being a fanboy of Hollyweird... Yes, I'm a bit of a fuddy-duddy.

Due to my internet connection and service provider I am limited to a Midnight to 5:00 AM view time when there are no restrictions. So, now I'm up all night and sleeping during the day, when I'm able to sleep that is due to (you all know by now). It feels like playing again and that's something I've missed the last decade or so.

Thank you, to whoever posted those links in the thread about celebrities. It's been a great distraction. :lol:

ChicagoBart
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChicagoBart » Fri May 05, 2017 2:19 pm

To that point, Josh, the image I shared was from ANOTHER friend and I have no idea how it was tagged (Public or Private)

And thanks! My build, but I have a marketing guy that plays with us and he loves to shoot the sets. :)
Beware the old man in a world
----- where men die young -----

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri May 05, 2017 1:06 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 12:39 pm
jchunick wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 12:22 pm
the image in the album was set to Friends. But everyone can see it, so far... even those who aren't friends with me.
Well that's scary. :(
LOL! There's no worry. There would be no way for anyone who wasn't a friend to get access to the album and thus get the image link in the first place, without your original FB permission.

And you can see by the image file name a unique hash is generated for each image so there's no way to guess it.
Last edited by jchunick on Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 05, 2017 12:39 pm

jchunick wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 12:22 pm
the image in the album was set to Friends. But everyone can see it, so far... even those who aren't friends with me.
Well that's scary. :(
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”