Restock ?

User avatar
Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2475
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Restock ?

Post by Oldent » Mon May 22, 2017 9:55 am

HeroQuestFrance
I disagree. DF is not the only fish in the pond. I need to budget for other things. When a limited available product suddenly appears weeks before the kickstarter it comes out of the Kickstarter budget.Reducing kickstarter funds reduces funds for development of new product.I probably will make some retail purchases later but that money will go toward profit margin for Dwarven Forge not new product development.
It is in the best interest of Dwarven Forge to work on timing. I am sure this would reduce the dependence on Kickstarter for cash flow.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

User avatar
HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:02 am

Re: Restock ?

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Mon May 22, 2017 6:16 am

Plus the previous year's KS coming into stock at the same time as the new KS will reduce the overall money people can spend in a month or two window.
I don't think so. If you have a budget for the KS, you save your money and wait for it.
We also know there is always a extra time purposed later if you didn't participate to the offer. (last year, it was august)

There is also a fanbase which isn't interested in kickstarter offers from DF.
Mostly due to the high postage & package fees + the terrific custom taxes you can't avoid.
DF's KS are known as not eurofriendly since the very first one. Euro forums are full of messages about this.
So people keep money to buy one or 2 sets later. More affordable indeed.

So I'm not the only one who keeps the budget.
I need some city stuff and some KS4 roof and LED stuffs + may be an erinthor moutain painted set.
All this should come with the restock in june or july and I'll wait for it. ;)
I'm patient hey but you see, this delay also gives you a nice feedback of the ks4 products since the orders arrive now. So videos and photos + comments posted are better to forge your own idea about the final product.
Last edited by HeroQuestFrance on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:47 am
Location: usa

Re: Restock ?

Post by unclebilly » Sun May 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Oldent wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 7:32 pm
The MBS is also one of my favorites. I have 3 sets and 2 of set 2. I run short of small doors and corners. I was disappointed that they chosen the peg system over this style for City builder. I ordered another Catacombs set. I might try to get another later if they are still in stock.
So was I. I was also hoping they would have made the MBS in dwarvenite.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:51 am

Re: Restock ?

Post by Blue Prophet » Sun May 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Oldent wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 4:50 pm

I wish DF would work on the timing of the restocks. My purchase of the catacomb set came from my KickStarter budget.
+1

Plus the previous year's KS coming into stock at the same time as the new KS will reduce the overall money people can spend in a month or two window.

User avatar
Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2475
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Restock ?

Post by Oldent » Sun May 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Mydienon wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 pm
Oldent wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 am
The same thing can be said about popsicle sticks and hot glue.I am not going into why I don't like the peg system.That decision has already been made. I don't have any and I won't get any.I already have too much of the old style.
I hope you didn't interpret my statement as an attack against you or anyone else who prefers resin, or KS1&2, over the KS3 peg-and-post pieces. In fact I very much understand your view (I've posted my own reasons here and on KS) and I almost didn't buy any myself.

Back to the restock though...I do hope to see Dwarven Forge continue to produce resin sets, and I'd love to see some new resin sets in the future. I'm guessing Dwarvenite will continue to have priority support though.

If the restock had included a promo Realm of the Ancients Entrance, the long-sold-out Den of Evil limited edition sets, Science Fiction Beta, or anything new in resin, I would've had my order placed within minutes...
I don't view differences of opinions as personal attacks. :!: Thank you for your concern.
I am at my absolute storage limit. I have to make some hard choices. I already have too many castles and city buildings. I don't think the pegs look very good and 3"by 3" foot prints are too small.
I will try to get another Catacombs set.I did not care for the Realm of Ancients sets so I don't have any.I don't think I have ever mentioned it before. I don't understand the need to protest a style I don't care for.

I wish DF would work on the timing of the restocks. My purchase of the catacomb set came from my KickStarter budget.

Image

"Have fun storming the castle"
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

User avatar
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 5058
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 pm
Location: South Weber, UT

Re: Restock ?

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 1:59 pm
The main reason is also to play with kids, violent teenagers, possessed victims and barbarian club members.
You need new friends. ;)
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

User avatar
HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:02 am

Re: Restock ?

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun May 21, 2017 1:59 pm

For sure me too !
But I gave up the idea of the Sci Fi line continuation in resin.
May be Stephan will do it one day in a kickstarter.

About the medieval resin set, it are one of my favourite with DOE and ROTA.
I own 3 sets of the MBS + the 2 expansions + the accessories set.
I also was enough lucky to buy to psomniature his "tomettes set" which is perfect to be married with the MBS style with the "grange set" too.

However I bought dwarvenite city stuff last year. I started with the imperial street set, then completed with the appropriated stuff because resin and dwarvenite aren't looking good to me together. The main reason is also to play with kids, violent teenagers, possessed victims and barbarian club members.

Mydienon
Orc
Orc
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Restock ?

Post by Mydienon » Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Oldent wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 am
The same thing can be said about popsicle sticks and hot glue.I am not going into why I don't like the peg system.That decision has already been made. I don't have any and I won't get any.I already have too much of the old style.
I hope you didn't interpret my statement as an attack against you or anyone else who prefers resin, or KS1&2, over the KS3 peg-and-post pieces. In fact I very much understand your view (I've posted my own reasons here and on KS) and I almost didn't buy any myself.

Back to the restock though...I do hope to see Dwarven Forge continue to produce resin sets, and I'd love to see some new resin sets in the future. I'm guessing Dwarvenite will continue to have priority support though.

If the restock had included a promo Realm of the Ancients Entrance, the long-sold-out Den of Evil limited edition sets, Science Fiction Beta, or anything new in resin, I would've had my order placed within minutes...

User avatar
Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2475
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Restock ?

Post by Oldent » Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 am

I've warmed up to the KS3/CBS peg-and-post system though. It doesn't give quite as many configuration options, but it's quick to set up (once built), stable, and looks impressive.

The same thing can be said about popsicle sticks and hot glue.I am not going into why I don't like the peg system.That decision has already been made. I don't have any and I won't get any.I already have too much of the old style.
Because of the way resin is manufactured I think it would be wise to discontinue all of it as it is replaced with PVC. I don't like the idea but think it would be wise. What we like and don't like has to take the back seat to economical and practical.
I have supported Dwarven Forge from the beginning and will continue to do so.I don't have to like every product or every decision.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Mydienon
Orc
Orc
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Restock ?

Post by Mydienon » Sun May 21, 2017 7:15 am

William wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:52 pm
And Medieval Building Set2 - In stock for $149, but why if I can't get #1?
Because...someday you'll get MBS #1, and that will be the day MBS #2 is out of stock! :-D

Yes, I love MBS -- #1 I got from pfworks, and #2 I got direct from Dwarven Forge.

Seriously though, if you have the CBS buildings (I should've realized exactly what you meant, William -- CBS/KS3/MBS), MBS #2 gives you some additional options -- the columns, fireplace, stairs, and railings can be used as-is, as can the beds (though you probably have plenty with CBS, they're nice for variety). The walls and floors are usable if you mix non-city DF tiles with your buildings. A wood floor can be a platform, extra walls/floors can enclose an area connecting two buildings, etc.

I've warmed up to the KS3/CBS peg-and-post system though. It doesn't give quite as many configuration options, but it's quick to set up (once built), stable, and looks impressive.

Post Reply

Return to “Ask Dwarven Forge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests