Lots of KS1-4, want KS5 flavor, help?

GattoNero25
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Lots of KS1-4, want KS5 flavor, help?

Post by GattoNero25 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:32 pm

+1 for returning backer pledge Level - invested nearly 15 k since KS 1 and i need a little break this time .... a pledge Level around 2k including most of the new pieces and and Stretch Goals would be nice :-)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:59 am
I believe it was Nate that said they were working on some kind of returning backer pledge or it was Stefan during the live stream. I think part of the problem is how do you make that pledge level when they keep adding stuff?
Yeah, I hear you, not an easy task. Which is why waiting until near the end makes sense. That, or make it a pledge level with a certain amount of existing base pieces (not too many), plus X number of add-ons that are selected during the pledge manager phase (e.g. 20 walls, 20 floors, 20 corners, corner doors, dias, etc., plus 10 add-on packs). And maybe make it eligible for stretch goals?

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:59 am

I believe it was Nate that said they were working on some kind of returning backer pledge or it was Stefan during the live stream. I think part of the problem is how do you make that pledge level when they keep adding stuff?

I too am looking to add flavour to my KS1 stuff. At this point I have no idea what level I am going with or what I am going to add. My hope is that all will become clear by the end.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:21 am

I'll add (har) that an add-on only/heavy DIY pledge feels like a bit of a slap in the face to returning backers who plan to back heavily (at a DIV, DV, or even DoD price point) since we would miss out on stretch goals and discounts while spending the same or more...

I'm keeping an open mind to the possibility that the best course of action is to dump my older tiles and "re-up" to the KSV only style...I don't think I'll know the answer to that until more of the beans are spilled.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:18 am

I'd still like to see a "Returning Backer" or DF Enthusiast" pledge level for those of us with significant amounts of KS1-4 who want to get a reasonable base amount of the new pillar pieces, plus all (most?) of the new sculpts. I would like to be able to build a few rooms in the new style, but don't need hundreds of new walls, floors, etc. that would come in a DV or DoD pledge. Ideally the price would be around $1,500 (or lower). This would allow backers at this level to supplement with add-ons specific to their needs (more dias pieces or more passages, etc.).

I understand that the team is looking into this option and am fine with waiting until near the end of the campaign, although hopefully they leave us at least 3-4 days to sort through it all.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Astrocat, I'm probably echoing most of the sentiments here when I say that you might want to go with an add-on heavy pledge. If there's a small base pledge you like, then get it, just to get a few samples of the new arch pillar design on a few corner/wall/door pieces. Then go wild with all the special stuff in the add-on packs.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm

93x74R wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 pm
LadySabelle you are torturing us! We don't want just beans, we want them ground into espresso, and made into a latte. With a shot of dark rum. KF should run their KS in the cold of winter when we want the time to fly past not in the summer when we want to savor the days. I am now anxious for it to be 10 July so I know what to actually order with the full knowledge that I am not missing anything.
Would it be better if we didn't tell you we still have a lot up our sleeves? Made you believe that "what you see is what you get" except it's not today, here's new stuff... Oops and more today... and today... and today? The beanslayer holds all the beans but at least you know that there are still beans to look forward to. ;)
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 pm

AstroCat,

In order to better help you and perhaps help DF staff design the best add-on combinations as possible, could you tell which types of specific single pieces you would want and which ones you don't?

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm
Do you have a lot of KS1? Are you mostly after advanced KS1 stuff? Or do you want some of the vaulted walls and corners too? What elements are you most excited for? If we know what you are wanting most of, it will make it easier to make suggestions to get the most out of your budget. Also, there are a lot of add-ons still coming. So they might change the entire game for you when they hit. With my insider knowledge I can say that there will be add-ons that you'll likely want to include in your pledge that just haven't been released yet.
LadySabelle you are torturing us! We don't want just beans, we want them ground into espresso, and made into a latte. With a shot of dark rum. KF should run their KS in the cold of winter when we want the time to fly past not in the summer when we want to savor the days. I am now anxious for it to be 10 July so I know what to actually order with the full knowledge that I am not missing anything.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Do you have a lot of KS1? Are you mostly after advanced KS1 stuff? Or do you want some of the vaulted walls and corners too? What elements are you most excited for? If we know what you are wanting most of, it will make it easier to make suggestions to get the most out of your budget. Also, there are a lot of add-ons still coming. So they might change the entire game for you when they hit. With my insider knowledge I can say that there will be add-ons that you'll likely want to include in your pledge that just haven't been released yet.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”