What Can We Improve for KS6?

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Re: What Can We Improve for KS6?

Post by koraldon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:56 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:45 pm
It is hard to reign in creativity and i know there are a LOT of good ideas in Valoria, but DF really needs to make an effort to limit scope.

Most backers come with a budget. Most of us go over. But the fact is if you introduce 75 new sculpts and i drop $1,000 you will make more money than if you introduce 150 new sculpts and i drop $1,000.
+1
Right now there is a lot to catch up from older sets. I know that I have enough stuff from KS3 & KS5 I still want to buy.

In addition, the classic core was brilliant, allowing new backers to add the "regular" dungeon.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:45 pm

It is hard to reign in creativity and i know there are a LOT of good ideas in Valoria, but DF really needs to make an effort to limit scope.

Most backers come with a budget. Most of us go over. But the fact is if you introduce 75 new sculpts and i drop $1,000 you will make more money than if you introduce 150 new sculpts and i drop $1,000.

More importantly, i will FEEL better. Hey look at me, i got it all and stayed at my budget. Every bit of the awesome is mine!

I know that Stefan doesn't care. If he looked at DF from a numbers point and optimized piece production to maximize margins this enterprise would be soulless. Stefan sees the world he wants to game in and lets go of the reins so we can all plunge in with him. That is kinda awesome.

But some of us are falling off the train. We can't keep up. This KS was supposed to be the simple, catch up, fill in a few gaps and bring new folks into the fold. It had a $3,600 base pledge level !?!!?! The fact that soo many chose it, is evidence that the market will bear it, but the comments section and the DF boards were full of the faithful bemoaning the sheer scale. How many potential backers never clicked "pledge" because it was intimidating?

We will never know what the total would have been if the top encounter had been Lava Chamber and Burrows and Sysuul had been saved for another year. While i doubt it would have been 3million, I suspect it might not have been significantly lower and the production costs would have been dramatically less.

It is worth considering.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:41 pm

This KS was the best so far.
Improvement? If it was me I would work on the livestream presentation. Impressions are important.
I liked the encounters very much. I also liked the solutions for long time customers.
I spent three times what I planned.
I noticed that a lot of people were unhappy with the stretch goals. I think the way it was handled was genius. Maybe you could offer an all stretch goal package for sale. I would have purchased it myself.

I also do not think you should withhold the beans. CMON promot often a year ahead of time. I have been work on a presentation for Massive Darkness for a year. I will probably not receive my personal copy until next month.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

What Can We Improve for KS6?

Post by natetaylor » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:25 pm

While KS5 is still fresh in your mind, and there's plenty of positive feedback flowing, I'd also like to open up discussion on what we can improve upon for KS6.

What sort of things should we do differently? What could be stronger? Are there things that are a waste of resources we shouldn't include? And of course, please explain why/how, in your opinion, it could be changed for the better.

Please try and keep the criticism constructive (it's easier for us to digest that way).

Thanks!

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”