Adventurescapes

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Adventurescapes

Post by Oldent » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:35 am

The Blackburn docks in use. I also have the MBA and GW Lake Town dock sets. The MBA Resin Has suffered some damage over the years. Hot weather has cause some of the Blackburn docks to warp like the Dwarvenite tiles often do. However, It was an easy fix. If I had stored the MBA docks in the original box they would have been in better shape.They did survive 6 house moves and countless conventions. Store your Blackburn docks flat.

I mentioned that I like the Adventurescape doors. I will add the kitchen set to my resin collection.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:09 am

FWIW, I bought the mimics set and a few other bits from ForgePrints just recently. The detail is really crisp and the mimics are all so inventive, I love them. They're of course not as sturdy as dwarvenite pieces, but I've dropped several and nothing has broken either in shipping or here. I will say some of them are a little fiddly to glue together, and there is some annoying mold release residue in some spots (especially on the skull piles). Also the "RIP" font on the non-mimic tombstone is deeply wrong, it's Arial or something. :) But the quality is solid and they feel like a reliable company. They shipped super fast.

Obviously if DF preferred for them not to post here I would understand, but FWIW, it doesn't really feel to me like competition for DF. I imagine that a resin collector might be happy to add the tavern and alchemy room resin sets to their DF resin sets for more variety, but it wouldn't make you NOT want DF sets. And if you're a Dwarvenite collector who likes to throw their pieces into a bin, then you don't want the resin walls and floors at all. I'm currently tentatively in for a docks set and hoping they do accessories-only packs for the other two.

I also second @jchunick's rec for Amber's Secret Cove on Etsy -- I have their 3D printed cage and a couple of resin rowboats, and they are both very nice & they are also fast shippers and reliable. I like the 2x2 footprint of the Adventurescapes docks and their crane/accessories, but the ASC docks do look beautifully organic.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:37 am

jchunick wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm
If we're talking about docks (as a fair subject) then I can only comment on and recommend Jolly Blackburn's docks and the like, some of which I own, and which you can find at their Etsy store, Amber's Secret Cove:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/2287648 ... _active_12
I like the look of that a lot! Had no idea it existed - thanks for posting the link Josh! I have concerns about the Adventurescapes docks and all the pilings being separate. These Jolly Blackburn ones look like the pilings support the docks, so will be more stable/secure.

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 am

Mitch wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm
Does anyone have some pictures they can share to show us the quality of the painted pieces?
Yep! Old Rogue Painting Service's blogpage : https://oldroguepainting.com/

Just to clarify dice4hire's post, the Etsy page is USA-only. ForgePrint's KS will ship internationally. I think the Etsy models and Adventurescapes terrain would work well with each other. The Etsy pieces are 21 pieces for $55.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:26 am

jchunick wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:21 pm
Only ships in USA :(
Yeah, I guess that'd be a problem for you, eh? :(
...and you? I'm assuming you took a drive to pick them up? :)
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:21 pm
Yeah, I guess that'd be a problem for you, eh? :(
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:21 pm

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm

If we're talking about docks (as a fair subject) then I can only comment on and recommend Jolly Blackburn's docks and the like, some of which I own, and which you can find at their Etsy store, Amber's Secret Cove:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/2287648 ... _active_12
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 am
I backed the mimic campaign as well.
Does anyone have some pictures they can share to show us the quality of the painted pieces? I am not talking about how well the pieces are made, just interested to see the paint job and how it matches up to what was advertised on the KS. I am already on board for the painted docks but there is talk of possibly having accessory add-on packs (like the kitchen stuff) so I'd like to see what smaller items were painted like in the mimic KS to know if I should go unpainted or painted for add-ons this time round.

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:53 pm

I'm fine if all we do is talk about the docks. (: Reaper has a KS forum with an AdventureScapes thread.

Anyway, the docks come with a 4x4 water gaming mat. Doesn't look like neoprene, but I'm not expecting the expensive material for the low EB price. You can use the gaming mat with DF cavern and other tiles to make lakes and whatnot, if you don't have enough cavern water tiles. Here's a pic of the cavern edge pieces you can imagine with a cavern stream or river. This blog page has examples of using game tiles with a water mat.

http://dungeons3d.blogspot.com/2011/02/sewers.html

Return to “Gaming Talk”