Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:56 am

Jay takes longer weekends than I do. ;)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Re: The PM closed two months ago.

Post by Animewarped » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:52 am

So very glad to hear that things are running smoothly. My children and I have been experimenting with some cheap paints on my other dungeon tiles to see what kind of color schemes we might like for our DoD. Very excited to get cracking here. Lol. Thanks for the update. Hopefully a happy medium can be found that still leaves time for you all to enjoy life to its fullest :)

Otto Manchesterfield
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Otto Manchesterfield » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks for the update! Social media is no problem - just one more site to lurk!

I can only speak for myself - but updates that share information without making promises are totally cool. I understand your need to manage expectations - but I would love to hear/see more about what's going on at the factory! So thank you for providing some insight, and I'm looking forward to Monday's update.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:43 pm

I appreciate the info, I really do. Unfortunately I really do understand about social media
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

WhiskeyandPeaches
Goblin
Goblin

Post by WhiskeyandPeaches » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Wow! I logged in perfectly timed with the update.

In DF we trust! Thanks for the update, and keep up the hard work.

Stefan: Could we get an update on which conventions you plan to attend? Any West Coast conventions on your schedule this coming year?

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks Stefan! Keep making cool fun art!!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello Folks! I'm so sorry!
You are all completely correct that I have been neglecting the Forums! I'm going to try to address the reasons why...

Believe it or not, we still are understaffed even though we ARE growing...we work year round on the KS'ers even though you folks only see like 30 days...my people work long hours and sometimes 7 days all year long on a variety of things like product development, sculpting, website design, computer graphics, communications with the factory, etc, etc....

many of us are spread out! we are located all over the place! While Dwarven Forge Corp. office is in CT the rest of us are spread out and doing different things...I personally am traveling more often now, to conventions, running games, and doing, um...research...Nate has taken over day to day as creative director...with input from me and everyone else, (including you folks)

I have to admit, we have drifted over to social media (twitter, Instagram, Facebook) because that's where we reach the most NEW customers as our research indicates...I KNOW, I KNOW, many of you are old school and HATE facebook, but we have now over 32,000 followers! It would be disingenuous for us to argue with those numbers...many of them who find us on facebook end up gravitating to here? Kickstarter has brought us MANY new customers, and getting new people to find us on kickstarter is very dependent on social media...this is the brave new world I am afraid....even If many of us (including me) are "old school" That being said. You are all completely right that there should be a greater attention turned to our own DF boards! I will personally make it a priority to log on here more often!
The issue has mostly been ease of use. We all use smartphones these days, and getting on the forums with my smartphone is just to slow and clunky, especially loading and resizing photos! I am very bad at stuff like that, while posting to facebook requires just a simple button push on my smartphone:) I'll bring up this issue with the younger people and see If there is an easier way!

As far as KS updates...they are never easy because Jay is a stickler for making sure all our info is correct...everything has to be passed back and forth to me, Nate, Jay, and OK'd and double checked before anything goes out, and so it slow us all down and is very beurocratic I am afraid:(

Anyway, Jay is going to get it done this weekend he has told me:)

What I can say is that so far so good....we are testing magnet strength and getting back pieces from the factory as they make the very expensive metal moulds...sometimes there are things to resculpt because of flaws...sometimes there are colors to adjust...sometimes there are improvements to be made, and so resculpting...we are constantly reviewing pictures, dozens a day, and writing or marking on the photos, and trying to communicate easily and understandably our concerns...sometimes language is a barrier, even though we have been working with the same people for over 2 decades! Sometimes there are problems that arise out of nowhere, like strikes or hurricanes...it's insanity...almost every day is stressful and in the rush to get everything done we sometimes neglect communication:( I am sorry for that!

So, everything is going smoothly and an update is coming Monday at latest and I pledge to be here more!

Sincere apologies!

Stefan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 pm

2 1/2 months .....

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Not much on the kickstarter fulfillment, but they did a fun Choose Your Own Adventure path using DF products that was cool
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:29 pm

Well if they respond at all, that would be true. I do not follow anything on Facebook though, so I do not know.

What has been said in the last two months on Facebook?