What Can We Improve for KS6?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What Can We Improve for KS6?

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Looking back at KS5 I would have preferred stretch goals to be like KS1/KS2 where they were a taste of an add-on. Things I would have liked to have a part of stretch goal sets that would encourage add-on sets (1 of each per set, # of sets determined by $ spent):

Magnetic Wall
Trap for Magnetic Wall
Ruined Floor
Puzzle Tile
Chasm Edge or 1x1 Chasm Piece
1x1 Wall
1x1 Floor
Passage Wall
Passage Corner
Corner Pillar
Tunnel Stilt
Forsaken Temple Floor
Vaulted Floor/Wall/Diagonal/Corner?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm

I fully intend to look at what I spent in KSV and what it would all cost me retail as soon as pieces hit the store, as there seems to be little difference to me, at least in my situation shipping to Japan. Maybe with free shipping in the USA it is different, but I would also calculate that out. For example, the bones KS from Reaper give a hefty discount, with many models being 30% of retail during the Ks and PM. DF is nowhere near that, more like 90% during the Ks and maybe not even that.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Usually the best price point for those items is in a kickstarter. I believe our best opportunity for new blood is through a kickstarter. I also believe that *most* store sales come from existing product owners who are getting more for larger builds or picking up items they missed during a kickstarter. While the new products are awesome and established buyers want some of everything they *need* to also make it attractive to new backers.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am
The "walls, corners, and floors" stretches might be important to those who don't already have caverns...
For those basic three pieces, wouldn't the web-store be the best option at this point?

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am

The "walls, corners, and floors" stretches might be important to those who don't already have caverns...

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am

GODofwar wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:22 pm
Contrarian again.

I like the ocmplicated KS.

Yes, they are a pain in the 4PC.

Yes, they suck up time.

BUT THEY DO NOT SUCK UP MONEY. If KS6 has lots of variant stuff one can get in the bling sets, I will love it.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
Yeah, I prefer the complicated version too. We already have basic caverns, and the original *get extra walls, corners and floors* SG system was great for that KS. Now we are *hopefully* getting a Cavern Wicked Editions KS where the KS5 stretch goal model works much better IMHO. I a not really sure what stretch goal pieces people wanted so badly that they couldn't get in the various *BLING* add-ons that were offered?

The sheer volume of table-top terrain goodness that was produced in KS5 was mind-blowing and I want the same mind-blown feeling from this KS6 Cavern one too. Bring on the encounters! Bring on the Encounter specific stretch goals (which you ended up being able to get all separately anyway!) Bring on DOOM to my wallet! :D

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 am

I know it is perception, but it is also reality. Making 1,000 of a piece is far more expensive than 100,000 of a piece per piece. I would rather see that savings in my pocket than the company's. In the old days DF could plan things more nearly perfectly, with making exactly 1000 resin sets (or something) the main variable being how quickly they sold.

At least at the KS the product is all sold immediately, retail being much more of a guess.

I hope SG are done differently this time. Perception or not I was very unhappy with last time.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:00 am

I only have one spiked head, it feels so lonely. :cry:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:37 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:55 am
I also support having encounters done as the original and the stretch goals being truly extra pieces, which were emphatically not how things were done in KSV. The original encounter pics showed the stretch goals on day 1.

I am interested in the system that will be here in KSVI, but some list of stretch goals that ended up being something like the troves in the last KS would be great.
Honestly we think that SGs are more a backer perception construct - in that they seem to be freebies.

They are not and are already factored into the price. What ruined this perception in KSV was like you rightly say they were seen as part of the encounter from day 1 so looked as Forar80 pointed out that they were stripped out and regurgitated as SGs.
It made no difference to the bottom line but the perception of it was frustrating.

I get that DF wanted the SGs to be integral pieces to an encounter rather than generic pieces (heads on Spikes etc)
But we think generic pieces are better as SGs so they can be used across all encounters - though that might have been difficult in KSV with burrows. This way any encounter backer has a vested interest in reaching SGs.

Having said that many KSers have SGs that are only applicable to part of the KS - we backed Black Earth:Heavy Metal where one SG was stowage for one of the tanks on offer - much like an SG for one encounter. So its a fairly common practice.

Agree with the SG trove too for non encounter/Bling only backers to be able to get them.

It looks like we are saying is we want more heads on spikes!
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:55 am

I also support having encounters done as the original and the stretch goals being truly extra pieces, which were emphatically not how things were done in KSV. The original encounter pics showed the stretch goals on day 1.

I am interested in the system that will be here in KSVI, but some list of stretch goals that ended up being something like the troves in the last KS would be great.