Yes a giant should be able to pick you up and bite your head off 🤡

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Best Kickstarter

Post by Hekaton1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:00 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 am
I agree I play Pathfinder but still bought the new D&D giants. I prefer the size of them they are more Giant as that is the way they should be.
Yeah, giants have always been better when bigger. I remember when I read a bunch of Norse myths, where giants are literally as big as mountains, and then looking at my giant minis and shaking my head in disappointment. :P
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:51 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:30 am
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:57 am
Varying mini sizes is quite annoying for me. Especially giants of varying sizes over different D&D editions.
I loved when giants were increased in size 2e as it made more sense for hill giants to be larger than ogres IMO and made giants more formidable all around and saddened when they returned to the smaller sizes in 3e. I have collected many of the smaller giants over the years and have enjoyed many of the sculpts but now in 5e they have finally returned to the bigger more imposing giants. Better late than never be I really wished 3e had not down sized the giants of D&D.
I agree I play Pathfinder but still bought the new D&D giants. I prefer the size of them they are more Giant as that is the way they should be.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:30 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:57 am
Varying mini sizes is quite annoying for me. Especially giants of varying sizes over different D&D editions.
I loved when giants were increased in size 2e as it made more sense for hill giants to be larger than ogres IMO and made giants more formidable all around and saddened when they returned to the smaller sizes in 3e. I have collected many of the smaller giants over the years and have enjoyed many of the sculpts but now in 5e they have finally returned to the bigger more imposing giants. Better late than never be I really wished 3e had not down sized the giants of D&D.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:57 am

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 am

GODofwar wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:54 pm
unclebilly wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:34 pm
Yea I think I still have some of the originals around someplace and I agree they are a little on the small side.
They are true 25mm figures. The figures you are used to are 28mm, which from my POV are way too big.

TLW
My lord if 28mm minis are way to big from your POV you must hate 90% of the RPG minis out there that are either 30mm, 32mm or the ever laughablely named 28mm heroic scale that Reaper uses. By the way I am almost with you.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:54 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:34 pm
Yea I think I still have some of the originals around someplace and I agree they are a little on the small side.
They are true 25mm figures. The figures you are used to are 28mm, which from my POV are way too big.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm
What the rules say:
You “can’t share things that already exist” (meaning have already been manufactured) without adding something new. This is just saying you can’t do a KS to try and clear out your warehouse of stuff you already made but you can if you just add a little something new.
Monolith ran a second kickstarter to move excess Conan stock. It wasn’t even a reprint, it was excess stock sitting in their warehouses. They also included a new item, The Book of Set, which was a simple $30 campaign book and named the KS “Conan - The Book of Set”. But the KS was created to move old stock and Monolith were transparent about this.

Many board game creators also offer older their back-catalogue in addition to whatever new game they’re kickstarting.

DF could extremely easily re-run their KS’ with just a few new pieces, or even just a written module that makes use of the reprinted pieces.

Kickstarter make money so they aren’t going to enforce any sort of “not a preorder” type rules unless their feet is held to the fire. And it seems as long as it’s 1% new, it’s all kosher anyway.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm

LoL! Now I know where I got 3 of my miniatures from. I have the Magician, Druid, and Wizard from the first pack