KS6 Launch Date

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by LordDust » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Storage is going to become an issue. I also just lost my den to a bedroom conversion for my new addition to the family (glad to have her, willing to let it go, but that was the only 100 sq ft in the building that was only mine). I am thinking about seeing if I can finagle a better contract with PODs or one of their competitors... I wish I was kidding.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:49 pm

I'm looking forward to KS6, but the later it launches works for me best. I'm predicting quite a bit of spending this year. There's also a good chance that KS6 might be my last bulk foray into DF purchases, as I'm sure I would have hit 150% storage capacity before that.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:28 am

It even happens to big companies like Nintendo. I still don't have an NES Classic!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 am

I know there are a lot of factors in business and shipping. I do understand that. It just seems odd that shipping it across the ocean twice is roughly the same price as shipping it over a tiny bit of ocean.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:12 pm

To everyone: I'm sorry about the stock issues...it's just so difficult to predict how fast anything will sell a year in advance...and then, when we do place an order it still takes many, many months...best way to get what you want IS to order during the KS...if you get too much, it seems easy to re-sell it? Or trade here? There are literally now hundreds of products and hundreds of steel moulds in the factory...it's a little nuts....lol. If it's any consolation, I too need to wait for re-stock....lol

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:04 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm
In my case ordering form the Ks is the best way to make sure I get what I want (or more realistically am willing to pay/can afford at the time) There is very little KS discount for me living in Japan. Even though it is coming a single country away, and not shipped from China to the USA and then most of the way back, there is very little shipping savings. Add in having to wait until later in the shipping process (when the USA is well underway) for any shipping to happen at all.

I have made multiple orders from the states, some large and some small, so I know what shipping is from there to here. However, I get very little of a discount considering that my items are not being shipped across the pacific and handled once more in the USA. Why is that?

Another bone to pick is that the first shipment most USA backers are getting is not coming international. I have to wait until the whole thing is available and get it all in one group. I was not asked about this, and wonder why I do not have a choice. Frankly, it is treating USA customers better, I see no other way to see it.

All in all Kickstarters make less and less sense for me, which is a shame as they are so much fun to watch.
I'm sorry man! could this be because the factory has to ship it for you in a small batch by hand service? I have no idea as I do not handle shipping...but mostly USA shipping is cheaper because it comes in 40ft containers at a time to a well oiled shipping warehouse? Not sure that's the case for the many smaller locations we ship to?

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Hekaton1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Well, seems I will be even more sad about missing Gen Con than before. Oh well, eventually I will be able to get DF!
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:17 pm
And sometimes I think our packages get exactly the amount of care we pay for. My wife caught a FedEx driver the other day literally throwing a package at our front doorstep from halfway across our front lawn.
Hope it was Dwarvenite... better chances of survival :lol:

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:39 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:17 pm
And sometimes I think our packages get exactly the amount of care we pay for. My wife caught a FedEx driver the other day literally throwing a package at our front doorstep from halfway across our front lawn.
:shock: :o :cry: :shock:

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:17 pm