Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Re: Greetings from the Forge! (now with 50% more greetings)

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu May 03, 2018 10:57 am

Magniopi wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:16 pm
In the late 90s-early 2000s I went to a LOT of NERO LARP events at various campgrounds. Chasing monsters (or being chased) through the woods at 2 AM is ridiculously fun, and the long-running games build up serious character history.
I don't LARP now, but most of my weekly D&D group are guys I met at NERO.

Currently, a friend of mine runs the Gen Con (and Origins) Dungeon Crawl events every year. It's a good time.

I'm on the right.

Origins 2014.jpg
Now that is some beautiful armor!
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Tue May 01, 2018 1:16 pm

In the late 90s-early 2000s I went to a LOT of NERO LARP events at various campgrounds. Chasing monsters (or being chased) through the woods at 2 AM is ridiculously fun, and the long-running games build up serious character history.
I don't LARP now, but most of my weekly D&D group are guys I met at NERO.

Currently, a friend of mine runs the Gen Con (and Origins) Dungeon Crawl events every year. It's a good time.

I'm on the right.
Origins 2014.jpg
Origins 2014.jpg (73.7 KiB) Viewed 3122 times

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 01, 2018 11:41 am

WoW that is a big sprawling build - most excellent :)
Almost DoD like - if DoD had some caverns and a couple of trees!

the random trees did make us smile :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 am

Today’s customer creation is this amazing Wave Echo Cave build done by Sam Welter. Thanks Sam!
Last edited by Valorian_Seneschal on Tue May 01, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue May 01, 2018 11:22 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:39 pm
Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 pm
Have any of you ever been larping?
My wife, kids and I have larped as a family while walking through the woods, but I have never officially larped and my wife only did once back in her college days. Looks like you all had great gear and were ready to have a blast.
What an awesome family activity, I hope I have a family like that someday!
dice4hire wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:38 am
Yep, you nailed the murder hobo look....
\I mean that in a good way. The best, really!!!
I have never done larping, but it sounds like a fun thing to try. Maybe I should have done the True Dungeon thing at Gencon last year, it sounds close.
LordDust wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:59 am
I have LARPed a wee bit, personally I prefer tabletop, but I won't knock LARPing. It just isn't really my bag.
dice4hire wrote:
I have never done larping, but it sounds like a fun thing to try. Maybe I should have done the True Dungeon thing at Gencon last year, it sounds close.
From what I have heard described, there isn't much RP to True Dungeon. What was described to me sounded more like combat and puzzle solving with a bit of narrative. I'm not discouraging you from trying it though, a lot of people seem to love it. I may try it myself eventually, but it hasn't really been a priority yet.
I did True Dungeon this past Gencon, and while it was really cool it wasn't quite as immersive as larping and there wasn't much RP. I would definitely recommend checking it out though. It was hard to get a spot, but it was definitely one of my gencon highlights.
Alphyns wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:02 am
I used to play Amtgard many years ago. Not so much LARPing as running around with boffers in costume. Tons of fun and you can put as much or as little effort into the outfits as you like. I would have loved to see more people as well dressed as your crew.
The one we did sounds like it was very similar to this. We just went all out on the costumes since as a creative company we really enjoy making stuff!
unclebilly wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:21 am
Never have but it does look like a lot of fun.
It's definitely a cool experience, I hope you get to give it a shot!
Harneloot wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:15 am
I tired a Steampunk LARP at Gen Con a few years ago and had a blast! Also, we do improvisational Larping every time we go to to Renaissance Faire, though the last few years it has been SO crowded that we ended up not staying very long.
I didn't know they did things like that at Gencon, I will have to look out for it this year. (If I even get time out of the booth)
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue May 01, 2018 9:15 am

I tired a Steampunk LARP at Gen Con a few years ago and had a blast! Also, we do improvisational Larping every time we go to to Renaissance Faire, though the last few years it has been SO crowded that we ended up not staying very long.

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Tue May 01, 2018 8:02 am

I used to play Amtgard many years ago. Not so much LARPing as running around with boffers in costume. Tons of fun and you can put as much or as little effort into the outfits as you like. I would have loved to see more people as well dressed as your crew.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Tue May 01, 2018 7:21 am

Never have but it does look like a lot of fun.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 01, 2018 4:28 am

Never done larping, looks like a blast!

Loving the outfits must really help get into character.

Closest we have come to larping would be Scenario paintball, not much role playing other than its more about achieving objectives than attempting to just batter the oppos with paint. Though a good scenario will do that too!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue May 01, 2018 3:59 am

I have LARPed a wee bit, personally I prefer tabletop, but I won't knock LARPing. It just isn't really my bag.
dice4hire wrote:
From what I have heard described, there isn't much RP to True Dungeon. What was described to me sounded more like combat and puzzle solving with a bit of narrative. I'm not discouraging you from trying it though, a lot of people seem to love it. I may try it myself eventually, but it hasn't really been a priority yet.

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”