KS6 Launch Date

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by zenako » Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Or just bite the bullet like I did a decade back and build an addition to the house and stake out a large portion of it for the "gaming room". Get family buy-in by letting them know that this will get all that gaming stuff out of the rest of the house and free those spaces up for other uses. The entire ground floor of the 20'x24' addition is the new gaming room. IF I ever fill that completely up, we got some serious serious issues.

Hmmm, once DoD arrives it might start looking to be filled up...perhaps I do have some issues.... good thing the wife plays as well and likes all the new DF stuff I have been getting.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed May 02, 2018 10:57 am

unclebilly wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Well if you have room in your yard you can always buy you own Shipping Container you can get used ones for a good price sometimes.
Thanks foe the suggestion, but my neighborhood association would drop a lien on me so fast my head would spin. You can't even have a shed or outbuilding unless it perfectly matches your house's roofing and siding! If things go as hoped though we will be moving in the next few years, hopefully I will be able to afford to get something with a basement. If not the plan is to get more yard and build an outbuilding to house a small workshop and a game room.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Tue May 01, 2018 6:22 pm

LordDust wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:53 pm
Storage is going to become an issue. I also just lost my den to a bedroom conversion for my new addition to the family (glad to have her, willing to let it go, but that was the only 100 sq ft in the building that was only mine). I am thinking about seeing if I can finagle a better contract with PODs or one of their competitors... I wish I was kidding.
Well if you have room in your yard you can always buy you own Shipping Container you can get used ones for a good price sometimes.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Tue May 01, 2018 1:59 pm

jazzman wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 am
93x74R wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am
Thunder wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:49 pm
Well, I am looking forward to both getting KS5 and looking at the new stuff in KS6 in July. Fun time to be a Dwarven Forge fan to be sure.

I just wish for a couple things:
1) ...
2) ...
3) More time in my life to actually play with this awesome stuff!

Peace
You my friend have to work on your priorities! Focus on only the coolest and role playing with DF is easily top three. You can always head north and play with my I, II, V and soon to be VI stuff. I promise I can TPK you well before you reach the end of my treasure filled labyrinth.

Creepy man....yet delightfully evil.
LOL I did not intend this to be creepy! Thunder and I have been killing each other with dice for the last 20 years. Unfortunately his work now has him about 3000 km away so we only get to game a couple of times a year. He introduced me to DF. My wallet hates him.

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Tue May 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Talistran wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 pm
Thunder wrote:

2) Less duplication of pieces in the Kickstarter pledges. I would prefer a pre-packaged system that allows folks to add the "new" stuff without having to buy a bunch of the pieces they already have.
Nate says that he has heard us... a number of us have been emphatically pointing out that we want EVERY new sculpt, but we don't want 300 extra walls, corners, and floors in order to get them. We'll see, time will tell :)
Awesome, life is too busy to keep up with all the forum posts. Thanks for the info.

Peace

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue May 01, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm really excited to see how ks6 is gonna look. I wasn't too wild about the caverns theme - ks2 didn't improve upon resin caverns IMO and the approach they're taking is going to be more complex than what I like (I tend to pass on advanced builder pieces, preferring simplicity over flexibility).

BUT then they went and said that this time it'll be easier to get cool bling "capstone" pieces without getting mega pledges and that there will be a lot of variety in the offerings. So maybe I'll pass up the myriad of complex pieces which can be used to make up a twisty web of cavernous passages and zero in on some of the cool standalone stuff that I can integrate with my existing collection. Hm. Either way it's gonna be exciting!

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Tue May 01, 2018 9:17 am

93x74R wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am
Thunder wrote:
Well, I am looking forward to both getting KS5 and looking at the new stuff in KS6 in July. Fun time to be a Dwarven Forge fan to be sure.

1) ...
2) ...

Peace
You my friend have to work on your priorities! Focus on only the coolest and role playing with DF is easily top three. You can always head north and play with my I, II, V and soon to be VI stuff. I promise I can TPK you well before you reach the end of my treasure filled labyrinth.

Creepy man....yet delightfully evil.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Tue May 01, 2018 12:35 am

Thunder wrote:

1) ...
2) ...

Peace

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Thunder wrote:

1) ...
2) Less duplication of pieces in the Kickstarter pledges. I would prefer a pre-packaged system that allows folks to add the "new" stuff without having to buy a bunch of the pieces they already have.
3) ...
Nate says that he has heard us... a number of us have been emphatically pointing out that we want EVERY new sculpt, but we don't want 300 extra walls, corners, and floors in order to get them. We'll see, time will tell :)

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:49 pm

1) More storage space in my home - this stuff takes up a lot of space!

Peace