Price in the webstore

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Price in the webstore

Post by Talistran » Sun May 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:35 am
The problem that arises with the [KS5 SG] encounter method, as we see it, is that only those that get the encounter gets its SGs. So backers when looking at the SG road map can get quite demotivated when the next SGs are not in their encounters.
Exactly what I was talking about above as "demoralizing." Well said.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun May 27, 2018 11:43 am

I would have bought that Eldritch Pool if it had been a separate piece. I didn't need more walls, so I didn't buy the encounter. I like the idea of free stretch goals based upon how much you spend in total (earn points towards purchase) and also be able to buy them perhaps in a grouping if you didn't spend that much during the KS (you already have a million pieces). We'll see what they do in KS6.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 27, 2018 7:51 am

I am also going to be very interested in how DF does SG in the next KS. I liked KSI and KSII and KSIV overall for stretch goals. We got a smattering of new interesting pieces. KSIII was to some extent ok, but the first half million dollars or so (floors and walls and posts) were not really stretch goals. Later SG were good in KSIII.

KSV was not stretch goals by any stretch of the imagination. They just took the 1.75 million dollar(or maybe more likely 1.5) of pledging and figured out what they could make in an encounter at about that level. Then they trimmed pieces out and handed them out as stretch goals.

I know it was the first real encounter set and I hope the onex in KSVI are st from the beginning and get some interesting pieces after that. Or something. DF said stretch goals might not be tied to the encounters, personally I hope they are attached to something like a trove, a pile of miscellaneous pieces.

What I really really hope is that we can just plain buy stretch goal sets like people have been asking for for a long time. Hand some out free for pledge levels or the like but also let people buy them, even in the PM so DF knows exactly what they cost.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun May 27, 2018 7:35 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:42 am
Talistran wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 am
While I loved the KS5 Encounters in many ways, the stretch goal system of KS5 was NOT one that I enjoyed and thought that it was counter-intuitive and demoralizing.
Pretty much no matter how they do it some of us pledgers are not happy.

But I will agree they needed to do a better job of making the encounters look complete at the start and then even more awesome as the stretch goals are added. Having any pictures out at the start showing things that either we might not get or will get two or three weeks in makes the stretch goals less special.

If they do not think a encounter will work without something it should not be a stretch goal.

Or in AS Seen ON TV speak totally sell the product as is and then say but wait there's more when a stretch goal is met.
With kb on this one - not going to make all backers happy all the time.

SGs are not something we worry about, you get them or you don't, very difficult for one backer to make a direct difference (you can pledge more and advertise but that's about it).

Do agree that SGs should not be essential to any encounter or be in any initial encounter pictures.

The Golems for us were a great example of a good SG as they were not essential to Gorton Tiers and did not appear in any pictures.

The problem that arises with the encounter method, as we see it, is that only those that get the encounter gets its SGs. So backers when looking at the SG road map can get quite demotivated when the next SGs are not in their encounters.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun May 27, 2018 2:42 am

Talistran wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 am
While I loved the KS5 Encounters in many ways, the stretch goal system of KS5 was NOT one that I enjoyed and thought that it was counter-intuitive and demoralizing.
Pretty much no matter how they do it some of us pledgers are not happy.

But I will agree they needed to do a better job of making the encounters look complete at the start and then even more awesome as the stretch goals are added. Having any pictures out at the start showing things that either we might not get or will get two or three weeks in makes the stretch goals less special.

If they do not think a encounter will work without something it should not be a stretch goal.

Or in AS Seen ON TV speak totally sell the product as is and then say but wait there's more when a stretch goal is met.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 am

Kryzsko wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:27 pm
geekjeff wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:38 pm
Swiftbrook wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:35 pm
Just so we are comparing dungeon walls to dungeon walls, when KS V sets appear in the web store, will the stretch goal pieces be included?
Yes, that is the plan.
With the set up of KS5 stretch goals I would think they would have to be included. There are many pieces that are essential to each encounter.
Agreed that they are essential. Which is why I believe that they really are not stretch goals. They were planned from the start to be part of the encounter.

People who bought Encounters 1-3 or 1-6 were paying for DoD stretch goals, things they would never be able to partake of.

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Sat May 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 5:27 pm
geekjeff wrote:
Swiftbrook wrote:
Just so we are comparing dungeon walls to dungeon walls, when KS V sets appear in the web store, will the stretch goal pieces be included?
Yes, that is the plan.
With the set up of KS5 stretch goals I would think they would have to be included. There are many pieces that are essential to each encounter.
Also, the factory is shipping complete encounter boxes; harder to take stuff out in that case.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat May 26, 2018 5:27 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Swiftbrook wrote:
Yes, that is the plan.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sat May 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Swiftbrook wrote:
Yes, that is the plan.

Swiftbrook
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Swiftbrook » Sat May 26, 2018 4:35 pm