Paenitet Me

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Paenitet Me

Post by dice4hire » Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 am

I got one of that set for the same reasons you want one now. I do think the surface transition hole will see tons of use.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon May 28, 2018 8:20 am

I am mostly content with my purchases, and I don't feel the NEED to get almost anything. There are some items I'll probably get -- some terrain trays and ledges, for one -- but I don't regret passing them up.

The one set I realize I need to get as soon as it's available is the Wicked Dungeon Trove set. I picked up so many add-ons and bits and bobs it wasn't even on my radar during the KS, an easy pass. But now I realize it does contain a fair mix of pieces that somehow slipped past me, and I want them. Primarily I'd be getting it for the corner secret door piece - I have some plans for that, and I love the fact that you get two in the Trove. That's perfect. I also want the nook ossuary piece, which I really liked at the time but eventually passed up because (a) I didn't want to get a full set for just for this piece, and (b) I have the resin Catacombs, which IMO are a bit nicer anyway. Still, though, I do want them, and the Trove gets me 8 plus those two corner hidden doors, which is enough to make me want it. The extra gargoyles, which I also didn't get in any other set, are icing on the cake.

As for the rest - I wouldn't mind getting the Burrows pieces that come with it, either, though I wouldn't have sought them out on my own. Eventually I'll probably get a Burrows set, and I'll end up with them anyway. But I can see the appeal of the floor with the big hole in it even without the rest of the Burrows (particularly with a terrain tray).

Then there are a few pieces that I could take or leave, like the smaller columns and the diagonal pieces. I'll figure out some purpose for those, but that purpose may include selling them off on Ebay to defray the cost of the set. I can find enough use for these pieces to make it worth the price, but I'd be even happier if I could get those ossuary pieces and secret door pieces for a little less.

MrMorden
Orc
Orc

Post by MrMorden » Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 am

I missed the whole Kickstarter, but I don't really regret it much. I also missed the CBS and Castle KS, and was able to pick up everything I wanted through the web store. I have never had the awesome DF customer support folks not be able to get me what I wanted, even if it was technically out of stock. Occasionally I have had to wait a bit. But so have the KS buyers! :D

I do plan to buy heavily on the next KS though!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 am

Below is an extract of comment from Nate in April Update #39 which might help :)

"The decals will be stickers. They’re not really reusable. Once you stick them on you’re sort of committed to it.

But each tile is double-sided do it can have a different decal on each side (such as deactivated on one side and activated on the other). And we’re including 8 extra blank tiles with each set so you have more to play with."
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Tue May 15, 2018 3:44 pm

I picked up 2 sets of the floor tiles just so I could have more options at hand. The decals looked really great in the pictures.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue May 15, 2018 3:08 pm

One more note:

The April update (#39) has an image of the test print of the sheets... presumably from the factory. Still no mention of material.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue May 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Looking more closely at the photos... they do not appear to be clear... so they may be problematic for those with custom paint.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm

The February update says:

"Puzzle Floor Decal Sheets: Remember that decal sheet we promised you with the puzzle floor encounter? We decided to expand this sheet into a set of carved stone runes as well as illuminated blue runes, to give an “activated/deactivated” effect. There are also decals for black and white marble to create a chessboard effect, 4x4 casting circles, letters, numbers, runes, alchemical symbols, and to top it all off, the twelve symbols belonging to the Riddle Pillar. So what was originally a sheet is now 8 sheets with over 500 decals! This is going to open up a lot of incredible, mind-bending possibilities during gameplay.

<see the actual update for images:
www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenfor ... ts/2107022 >

A PDF containing translations of all the symbols, as well as a sheet of blank decals, will also be available to download on our website."

It really doesn't specify the material but I think it implies a clear background...

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Tue May 15, 2018 2:13 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:53 pm
I would assume they are paper stickers like the flags in KS4, or if they surprise us with an upgrade, vinyl.
I really hope not.
Phoenix Rising wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 pm
They have said they'll be non-removable. If you'd rather, you could freehand paint some of the tiles; that might be cool, too.
I would highly prefer this. The freehand painting is something I hadn't thought of? Interesting thought.

Can anyone confirm for certain which of the two it is? Thanks.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue May 15, 2018 8:58 am

Hahahahah! I'd like that, too!

The photo gallery really sealed the deal for me, I should add. Pics that show the regular Temple mixed in with LED curved alcoves and the snake floor and the snake orb light fixtures - it all forms a coherent whole that looks really good. In many ways I prefer it to the pre-built all-shrine temple.

My question re: the jade version is how it will mix with anything else. I have the same issue with the white marble dais pieces. If I had but world enough and time, I'd get unpainted pieces and paint them all white and just have an all white marble space. That might work really well. And maybe get some unpainted Jade (assuming it doesn't sell out), paint some white around the edges so the jade is a highlight instead of the whole thing, and maybe a white marble and jade temple would work. Not sure. But ultimately a pipe dream. Given how much DF I already own, and how much I'll be getting of future releases, I don't think I can realistically start thinking about getting a whole spare DoD for the sake of a color variation....