KS6 Launch Date

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 pm

That was a nice refresh. Those caverns look so amazing. I think I'm going all-in on this next one. I bet the elevations are going to be outrageous.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 am

Dwarven Forge’s 6th Kickstarter is coming soon!

Check out this collection of beans!

https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... =58&t=8964

I am soooo looking forward to the new pieces and innovations.

Don’t forget the twitch live stream tomorrow!!
Read here for more information:
https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... =58&t=9145

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:13 am

I'm just here to laugh silently to myself while I hunt for the map that will show me the way back to KS6 talk....

;)

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:46 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm
Uh... you can ship your bucket load of minis somewhere and have them painted for you? More info please. (I am thinking of the 200 Reaper minis that are coming in Feb).
GODofwar wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Lord D, can you send me informatijon on your painting service please?? PM is fine.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially KS6
Since several seem interested, here goes! I have only used these guys once and it was a while back, but they used to be relatively cheap and decent quality: Fernando Enterprises. Their new site does say not to use sea mail though. A piece of advice on painting services in general, make sure to find reviews or speak to folks that have used them. Some will burn folks pretty bad. Best option IMO is to find local guys that play war games whose work looks decent to you and see if they would like to make a little extra to support their hobby, then negotiate a price. It helps to have references from a few services about quality and prices so you have a decent point to start negotiation from. Then there is no shipping. The grain of salt here is that you need to get to know them a wee bit to make sure you trust them to have a mess of your figures (a bare bones agreement written down with a witness isn't a terrible idea either way).

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm

stratocumulus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:50 pm
To those who have separate bank accounts, etc...a word of caution....in the event that one of you dies, your spouse will NOT have access to any of the funds in your personal account until after a 30-90 days probate period (varies by locale). So if you're splitting rent, etc...your spouse could face real financial hardship at a time when they have to deal with the ramifications of your passing....
so not to be all gloom and doom...a word of advice...prepare a master list for all your accounts with their ids, passwords, security questions and answers (keep it updated)...it will make getting through one's death a hell of a lot easier for the survivor.
This could happen in some states, but most by far pass rights to a spouse immediately. Several ways around this - check with a wills, trusts & estates attorney in your state though. Bottom line, most you should need are wills appointing one another your executor/personal rep / whatever itscalled in your state.

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm

The Least Weasel

[/quote]
Shipping by sea is so cheap I can ship a mess of minis (think a Reaper KS worth) to somewhere in Asia, pay to have them painted, and still pay to ship them back and spend less than the cost to paint them stateside.

[/quote]

Uh... you can ship your bucket load of minis somewhere and have them painted for you? More info please. (I am thinking of the 200 Reaper minis that are coming in Feb).

MrMorden
Orc
Orc

Post by MrMorden » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 pm

stratocumulus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:50 pm
To those who have separate bank accounts, etc...a word of caution....in the event that one of you dies, your spouse will NOT have access to any of the funds in your personal account until after a 30-90 days probate period (varies by locale). So if you're splitting rent, etc...your spouse could face real financial hardship at a time when they have to deal with the ramifications of your passing....
so not to be all gloom and doom...a word of advice...prepare a master list for all your accounts with their ids, passwords, security questions and answers (keep it updated)...it will make getting through one's death a hell of a lot easier for the survivor.
This depends on state. We have account information, and have wills, advanced medical directives, and pre-marital agreements. All married couples should have similar documents and information.

You don’t lose any marital rights simply by having separate accounts; you still have all the rights a spouse would have. And anybody such as a child, sibling, or parent of the deceased who decided to contest an estate could freeze accounts and trigger probate proceedings. Having joint accounts offers no protection against estate law.

stratocumulus
Kobold
Kobold

Post by stratocumulus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:50 pm

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:25 pm

LordDust wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 am
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 am
I know there are a lot of factors in business and shipping. I do understand that. It just seems odd that shipping it across the ocean twice is roughly the same price as shipping it over a tiny bit of ocean.
Actually, no. This is much the same reason why I can pay $400 for a flight to a little town in Michigan (about 400miles) but $200 for a flight to Seattle (1700 miles).

Reason: The tiny Michigan town will fly half empty half the time. The Seattle flight is full ALL the time. Certainty is something the airlines are willing to pay (lower prices) for.

Shipping is a fullness game. The factory charges DwF so much to pack the stuff. if its a full container its cheaper because that container never has to be broken down on USA arrival - it goes straight to the destination. Unpacking and repacking is EXPENSIVE. It is labor that costs. The fuel costs for ocean shipping are miniscule. In the 1800's and early 1900's the rule of thumb was that if road shipping wa $100, then rail was $10 and sea was $1. Yes, two orders of magnitude. And that's why. You pack a ship, it goes 3000 miles, you unpack it - and all with power machinery. You pack a truck or wagon, it goes 100 miles, and HAND packs and unpacks.

I know nuffink about commercial shipping except what I learned in history - but I know a boatload about military logistics, and its easy to figure the cost scaling from there.\

Yes, there are other factors.

The Least Weasel
Pretty much accurate. Shipping by sea is so cheap I can ship a mess of minis (think a Reaper KS worth) to somewhere in Asia, pay to have them painted, and still pay to ship them back and spend less than the cost to paint them stateside. That doesn't even count the bi-directional land shipping! Also, you generally pay the same amount to ship a container whether you put one feather in it or stuff it full of heavy things. Thus the fuller the container, the lower the cost per piece to ship. Many companies that ship for individuals and smaller companies simply fill their own container with various people's things (a la Tetris) and thus can charge relatively little per small bit of stuff. They even frequently rent out space to other companies that don't need fast shipping for close to cost to fill the gaps when necessary.
Lord D, can you send me informatijon on your painting service please?? PM is fine.

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am
(within reason - hookers were a no no apparently).
Who needs them when your married to Jessica Rabbit.
We felt it was necessary to put out some hypotheticals, so as to be crystal clear of what was considered as 'to far'.

It turns out that computers, minis and Dwarvenite did not make the list. 'yay!' :D
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan