Felt Question

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Felt Question

Post by kitenerd » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:02 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:47 pm
Embedded link warning in the post above. Reported to forum staff.
Tooo funny - it was a first post and i almost welcomed them to the forum.... but something told me i would be welcoming a bot...

Our world gets more Orwellian every day - in the words of John Prine - "We are living in the future, tell you how i know, i read it in the paper, fifteen years ago..."
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:47 pm

Embedded link warning in the post above. Reported to forum staff.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:38 pm

LorriZ wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:59 pm
I finally found a great and not-too-expensive replacement for the felt bottoms. I bought a pack of Velour Paper on Amazon. It does not have a sticky back, but I used a glue runner (the permanent glue runner) to place the adhesive on a resin item in a square pattern close to the edge of where the paper will rest, and then pressed on my cut piece of paper. I paid just under $11 for a pack of 10 sheets on amazon, and then just used my cheap manual paper cutter and some scissors to cut them to the right size. The photo below includes the bottom of one of my Fantasy Floor pieces that I used it on. You can get the paper in a variety of colors, but they did not have the brown color that the originals come with, so I just picked the next best neutral color. The glue runner I purchased at Michaels. The paper is very close to the same thickness, and I do not see any height difference when I put the originals and the new paper-bottomed pieces next to each other.
Thank you for the pic!

LorriZ
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LorriZ » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:59 pm

I finally found a great and not-too-expensive replacement for the felt bottoms. I bought a pack of Velour Paper on Amazon. It does not have a sticky back, but I used a glue runner (the permanent glue runner) to place the adhesive on a resin item in a square pattern close to the edge of where the paper will rest, and then pressed on my cut piece of paper. I paid just under $11 for a pack of 10 sheets on amazon, and then just used my cheap manual paper cutter and some scissors to cut them to the right size. The photo below includes the bottom of one of my Fantasy Floor pieces that I used it on. You can get the paper in a variety of colors, but they did not have the brown color that the originals come with, so I just picked the next best neutral color. The glue runner I purchased at Michaels. The paper is very close to the same thickness, and I do not see any height difference when I put the originals and the new paper-bottomed pieces next to each other.
Attachments
velour paper.jpg
velour paper.jpg (80.42 KiB) Viewed 642 times
There is no such thing as Too Many Miniatures.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:32 am

I've had good results from Testor's Plastic Cement. My bottle was bought many years ago and I recently repaired the felt on a whole resin set of RotA tiles. Testors 3502 P.C. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:36 pm

someone recommended this once:

https://smile.amazon.com/D-C-Fix-D%C3%A ... fix+velour

I have a roll - it is like contact paper only velvety and not as sticky - i have not used it yet, but intend to base pieces with it when i get a chance someday - i think additional adhesive might be required
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Here's a good thread that may help: https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... elt#p82610

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:27 pm

I use 3M's Super 77 spray adhesive and it works well for me. As I reuse the original dried felt pieces that had detached from my resin pieces, I cannot recommend a new felt source.

Arsolos
Goblin
Goblin

Felt Question

Post by Arsolos » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:43 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best felt and/or glue to use to attach new felt to the bottoms of Dwarven Forge pieces. I picked up a used set a week or two ago that had lost a lot of the felt from the bottoms of pieces and I wanted to replace them. Any guidance on the best felt and adhesive to biy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Arsolos

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”