Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Storage issues

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 am

szabbran wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 am
GODofwar wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:22 am
Thank the lords I finally got reorganized.

I was amazed at how much fit...all my KS dungeons fit in one 44x28 drawer, for example.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
Weasel, about how many dungeon sets do you have packed away in that 44x28 drawer? And have you posted any pics of how you have it organized in your flat file? I've got a chance to pick one up at a reasonable price (especially considering how extremely expensive these cabinets tend to be), but want to get a better sense of how much of my stuff I can really store in it before taking the plunge.

Szabran, I've had my sets in drawers for so long I can't tell you how many there are. I think I got 10x of KS1. tHey all fit in 1.5 flat drawers.

Lets just say they hold a LOT and you can see it all. Do check the drawers you are looking at - be sure they can handle the weight. i'm told some of the wood drawrrs sag.
WeaselWarGod

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:42 am

I've got at least 20 sets, probably more, with room to spare in my flatfile.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Martha-Stew ... /303582264

I've got ~10 sets from KS1, ~5 sets from KS2, ~7 sets worth of KS3 (buildings pack tightly), random parts of KS4, a resin set, three sets of rivers laid flat, and piles of extras. The big stuff from KS4 is mostly in bins until I get a second of the above. I'd show you pictures but my nephews are visiting and its a huge mess after 16 hours worth of building and rebuilding.

Its not even that packed in, a lot of things I store flat to find faster (most of everything after KS1).
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:57 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:07 am
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:42 pm
Pacarat:
Yeah, your war room is about the same size as ours. And your right, we're lucky.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, Except for KSV
Yes you are both lucky, we are lucky too to have a dedicated games room, but we are still jealous of just how much room you two have. But glad your making the most of it and filling it with fantasy worlds and Dwarvenite. :)
That’s the plan!

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:48 am

GODofwar wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:22 am
Thank the lords I finally got reorganized.

I was amazed at how much fit...all my KS dungeons fit in one 44x28 drawer, for example.

The Least Weasel
Weasel, about how many dungeon sets do you have packed away in that 44x28 drawer? And have you posted any pics of how you have it organized in your flat file? I've got a chance to pick one up at a reasonable price (especially considering how extremely expensive these cabinets tend to be), but want to get a better sense of how much of my stuff I can really store in it before taking the plunge.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:16 am

I have a decent room but it is hardly blinged out. Good size though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:07 am

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:42 pm
Pacarat:
Yeah, your war room is about the same size as ours. And your right, we're lucky.

The Least Weasel
Yes you are both lucky, we are lucky too to have a dedicated games room, but we are still jealous of just how much room you two have. But glad your making the most of it and filling it with fantasy worlds and Dwarvenite :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Pacarat:

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:42 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm
pacarat wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:41 pm
Doing a major reorg of the hobby room over the past week. Relocated the map cases, Alex units, workbench, wire shelves, assorted storage racks, etc. Opened up the room so I now have space for the two 4'x6' tables, plus a new oval 64"x48" pedestal dining table (spouse wanted extra Ethan Allen chairs from a dining set firesaled on Craigslist which match our current set, so I offered a storage location for the redundant table...) 8-)

Now that I have the structures in place I have to reorganize most everything that was on those shelves.

It is amazing how entropy works...
Pacarat, pictures! If you have these tables end to end, you have a game room as big as ours. I'l love to see the arrangement.

The LEast Weasel
Not end to end now, more like a 6x12, so I can fit a couple of ikea chairs for lounging. I have had a 4x12 set up in the past. Right now the tables are covered with all the stuff that came out of a mish mash of storage shelving. I'll do some pics eventually.

I am fortunate to have a 15' x 35' space downstairs. Even more fortunate to have a spouse who tolerates all of the above.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm

pacarat wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:41 pm
Doing a major reorg of the hobby room over the past week. Relocated the map cases, Alex units, workbench, wire shelves, assorted storage racks, etc. Opened up the room so I now have space for the two 4'x6' tables, plus a new oval 64"x48" pedestal dining table (spouse wanted extra Ethan Allen chairs from a dining set firesaled on Craigslist which match our current set, so I offered a storage location for the redundant table...) 8-)

Now that I have the structures in place I have to reorganize most everything that was on those shelves.

It is amazing how entropy works...
Pacarat, pictures! If you have these tables end to end, you have a game room as big as ours. I'l love to see the arrangement.

The LEast Weasel
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:03 pm

When I get KSV I plan to paint the KSV and then reorganize my storage in a more sensible way.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6 Discussion”