Bring Back Water Tiles - Pls!!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Bring Back Water Tiles - Pls!!

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:19 am

Smogma wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:22 am
Speaking of... since the "Banks" pieces are this year's "water tiles" (in a sense)... Does anyone who doesn't use terrain trays plan on getting them to use in another way, besides "negative space water" pieces?

At first I was thinking of using them for something like chasm/ledge pieces (I'm not using terrain trays) but the more I think about it... I'm thinking they are made for shores and I probably should just skip them.
They make good ramps for elevation changes.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:47 am

The open water pieces were cast in green dwarvenite when they were repressed? The original ones I got with the ks were standard dwarvenite color

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:40 am

I wanted the open 2x2 dwarvenite unpainted water tiles so I could use them to make shorelines that would mix up the look (same idea as what we are asking for here) and some extra open water. They came in a green color which was no biggie, but why did it need to be a different color. If Stefan wants to sell paint, stop giving us colored tiles. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:22 am

Speaking of... since the "Banks" pieces are this year's "water tiles" (in a sense)... Does anyone who doesn't use terrain trays plan on getting them to use in another way, besides "negative space water" pieces?

At first I was thinking of using them for something like chasm/ledge pieces (I'm not using terrain trays) but the more I think about it... I'm thinking they are made for shores and I probably should just skip them.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:11 am

mage1337 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 pm
To the DF crew,

I know there has been talk about this elsewhere in the forum - but I felt the topic deserved its own thread.

While the cavern KS looks fantastic - with many beautiful and imaginitive pieces included - I was heartbroken to see no new water tiles are included!

I like and appreciate negative space trays, but the original water tiles were just so incredibly useful and visually stunning. They helped make the original caverns fun and dynamic. It is so sad to see them missing from this KS.

For what it's worth - please consider adding water tiles! Even a few new sculpts could do wonders to expand the original range. I know most of the sculpting is finished for the whole KS - but honestly I would back a water tiles pack on a promise and concept art! I (and I believe many others) love water tiles that much!

Thank you so much! And here's to an amazing KS (with water tiles!)
Hopefully DF will be able to make more water tiles for everybody who has been asking for them.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:09 am

It is not really important to DF what just one or two of us think, but it is important to DF what a big proportion of us think. Years ago, Stefan did not want to do pack of open water tiles because they would be easy to make ourselves and would be expensive for what they were. But a big proportion of DF’s customers said they wanted them and so DF made packs of open water tiles and they sold.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:47 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:30 pm
Wow. Let's all calm down.

I am a person that has 0.000000% interest in making my own water tiles. I like things to be consistent and I like the old tiles a lot. If we now get negative space, I'm not happy, but it is what it is. I won't be making my own tiles, I'll adapt. I don't really make my own terrain due to time and family constraints, along with it's not really an interest of mine. I do some painting, but I have little interest at this time in crafting. I prefer out-of-the-box terrain. That's just me at this juncture. I respect you Oldent for your awesome sage-like knowledge (and I love your paint jobs!), and I respect Madrigalian for his awesome posts I've read over my years here as well. I think we can all agree to get along. We all have our own opinions on what is an acceptable "water tile" and I think maybe we can try to agree that everyone is just trying to help out the best they can?
I know every does not have time. Some of us like to make things.I alway am willing to help.
You are very lucky. I miss having children at home
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:30 pm

Wow. Let's all calm down.

I am a person that has 0.000000% interest in making my own water tiles. I like things to be consistent and I like the old tiles a lot. If we now get negative space, I'm not happy, but it is what it is. I won't be making my own tiles, I'll adapt. I don't really make my own terrain due to time and family constraints, along with it's not really an interest of mine. I do some painting, but I have little interest at this time in crafting. I prefer out-of-the-box terrain. That's just me at this juncture. I respect you Oldent for your awesome sage-like knowledge (and I love your paint jobs!), and I respect Madrigalian for his awesome posts I've read over my years here as well. I think we can all agree to get along. We all have our own opinions on what is an acceptable "water tile" and I think maybe we can try to agree that everyone is just trying to help out the best they can?
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Mister Frau Blucher wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:07 pm
Oldent wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 pm
Water tiles are easy. I would be happy to show you how or even help.
If you're serious, I'd certainly be appreciative for a tutorial. I've done some crafting, but never made tiles like this. Doesn't have to be extensive, just a shove in the right direction as far as materials, tools, and method.
I will put it in the How to adjust warped tiles thread so that it can be easily found. I have a Realistic Water how to there now. I am going to add a make resin water tiles how to as well. I picked up new materials Saturday
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Mister Frau Blucher
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mister Frau Blucher » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:07 pm

Oldent wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 pm
Water tiles are easy. I would be happy to show you how or even help.
If you're serious, I'd certainly be appreciative for a tutorial. I've done some crafting, but never made tiles like this. Doesn't have to be extensive, just a shove in the right direction as far as materials, tools, and method.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”