Still Don't Have KS5

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Still Don't Have KS5

Post by Talistran » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:18 pm

FattyLumpkin wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm
Some people have decided to put words in my mouth or ascribing meaning to my OP that does not exist. I am not asking to "have it both ways," whatever that means. And I am willing to wait. Of course! It is a KS, after all. Waiting had nothing to do with what I was saying. Second of all, "not delivering on the previous project" is completely accurate. How is accuracy extreme? I don't have $1500 worth of stuff and the next KS is closing.

I'm just going to leave my original thoughts out there instead of adding to them, least they offer further opportunities for distortion.

Now, WHERE IS MY STUFF! JK ;)
I think I am simply arguing that your words are slightly inaccurate. They did not fail to deliver, they are currently and actively delivering. You personally have not received them yet, but there is no denying that many people are receiving the product.

The nuance is important though. You have an absolute right to not back KS6 because you have not received your product. But it is inaccurate to say that DF is "not delivering on the KS5".

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Some people have decided to put words in my mouth or ascribing meaning to my OP that does not exist. I am not asking to "have it both ways," whatever that means. And I am willing to wait. Of course! It is a KS, after all. Waiting had nothing to do with what I was saying. Second of all, "not delivering on the previous project" is completely accurate. How is accuracy extreme? I don't have $1500 worth of stuff and the next KS is closing.

I'm just going to leave my original thoughts out there instead of adding to them, least they offer further opportunities for distortion.

Now, WHERE IS MY STUFF! JK ;)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Look - here is the simple truth

If the next KS is : Wall, Floor, Corner and Door - we will all be able to afford it, and it will be done on time - it will also be boring as hell

IF we want the next KS to be bigger better and more awesome - to push the limits of the molding technology - to have LED's and Magnets - to have tiles larger than 2x2 - and to generally WOW us at every turn - Then we need to expect that there will be production delays, we need to accept that parts might need to get modified in production and we need to be prepared to be patient and understand

We can't have it both ways - DF has clearly decided that they find their joy in pushing the envelope and dropping our jaws - If you like that model, you will back the KS, wait the wait and enjoy the product - if you don't share the vision, then wait for retail and purchase when you know what you will get and can get it delivered in a reasonable timeframe
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Morgrim66
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Morgrim66 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 pm

It really seems like DF works to have their new concepts together for GenCon each year so that they can take advantage of the live marketing opportunity. Their ideas seem to be getting more and more ambitious and that is making it more difficult for the manufacturer to create the molds and get things going. It also sounds as though there have been a couple of QC passes in the manufacturing cycle, because the emails I have gotten in regards to KS 5 sound like they may have sent one or 2 batches back to the factory because they weren't up to acceptable standards.

I would rather be playing with my toys, but I am willing to wait for a quality product. I still didn't have my all my KS5 stuff when I pledged for KS6, but like the others here I trust DF to deliver and deliver quality.
"...and that's why it says, 'I taste terrible' on my shield in draconic."

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:33 pm

dflurker wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:35 am
FattyLumpkin wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 am
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I may go for the$10 option but am still not sure.
Mobius wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm
Do you back other KS projects?
...Yes, but DF KSrs are the only ones I have supported that have been recurring. The rest were one-offs. To repeatedly ask for support without delivering on the previous project is what bothers me. I'm not pissed off about it or anything. It just feels out of wack to me.
It sounds a bit extreme to refer to it as not delivering on the previous project.
Just change the word "without" for "prior"... :)

KS5 not being fullydelivered yet doesnt affect my decision on KS6 at all. I trust DF completely to deliver.

dflurker
Kobold
Kobold

Post by dflurker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:35 am

FattyLumpkin wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 am
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I may go for the$10 option but am still not sure.
Mobius wrote:
...Yes, but DF KSrs are the only ones I have supported that have been recurring. The rest were one-offs. To repeatedly ask for support without delivering on the previous project is what bothers me. I'm not pissed off about it or anything. It just feels out of wack to me.
It sounds a bit extreme to refer to it as not delivering on the previous project.

FattyLumpkin
Orc
Orc

Post by FattyLumpkin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:14 am

Mobius wrote:

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:27 pm

DF has been delivering since the nineties. DoD is pretty great. Got my first jade pieces today... great! Its a little silly to forgo the KS discount just because shipping is late. The pieces are real and they're great.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

My KS5 order arrived at the US-Canada border today. I'll drive to the States tomorrow to pick it up (Yay!) and pay duty fees on it (Boo!).

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:21 pm

With the track record of DF I would back it with out a second thought.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”