You Can't Argue with Success

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

You Can't Argue with Success

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:22 pm

I just wanted to congratulate everyone at Dwarven Forge.

I was not thrilled with the encounter/new stretch goal system that started last year and I also thought that the huge scope would put backers off, but after two very successful campaigns, I was obviously wrong.

It looks like this year will end north of 3M and may even surpass last year. This makes me very happy for everyone at Dwarven Forge. I think this is likely due to something I thought would turn away backers, and that is the huge scope and number of options. As frustrating as it is that I can't get everything that I like, I do think the huge selection is a big part of the success of the last two years (the other part being beautiful art). Both campaigns offered something for everyone. I am sure the forest set brought in many backers that would not have otherwise backed this year.

I just wanted to say, good work to the whole team, and thanks for your hard work. :D

GriffinTamer
Orc
Orc

Re: You Can't Argue with Success

Post by GriffinTamer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Thanks Kryzsko! We certainly appreciate hearing such things. We really do try to run the best campaign possible, and it's very gratifying when it's (mostly) very well received. This is a business, yes, but it's also a labor of love; we all care very deeply about what we're doing and it makes us happy when the backers are happy too.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Any meta reason the DF folks chose to have the campaign end on this Tuesday? Instead of like a Sunday night (which of course is easier for backers, but a pain for the DF staff!)

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:34 pm

I just assumed that they were squished between needing to wait so long to get the KS started because they weren't done with things and needing to end it ASAP in order to get into the factory schedule.

*shrug*

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Well Said Kryzsko :)
Think there are one or two tweaks that could improve the KS, but that's just our opinion.,

Difficult to argue with success - great Job DF :)
Many happy bunnies
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:45 pm

+1!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:32 pm

zenako wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Any meta reason the DF folks chose to have the campaign end on this Tuesday? Instead of like a Sunday night (which of course is easier for backers, but a pain for the DF staff!)
I am quite sure this decision was made solely for my benefit. Sunday night is my game night and i can't watch the hootenany.

Thanks DF!

Getting back to the original post. I agree 100% Clearly DF is doing things right despite the fact that many of us are very vocal that they should do things different ;) Each one of these is better than the last. Is there room for improvement? Of course. But this has been one hell of a ride!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:39 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:32 pm
zenako wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:48 pm
I am quite sure this decision was made solely for my benefit. Sunday night is my game night and i can't watch the hootenany.

Thanks DF!

Getting back to the original post. I agree 100% Clearly DF is doing things right despite the fact that many of us are very vocal that they should do things different ;) Each one of these is better than the last. Is there room for improvement? Of course. But this has been one hell of a ride!
It's true. Glad we could work that out for you, Kitenerd!

(Also, yes it MAY involve something to do with the need to get an initial factory order for starting the molds, and reserving time in their production schedule.

...but mostly for Kitenerd.)

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:25 am

Thank you Kryzsko. We try our best to make everybody happy:)

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 am

Huzzahs all around!

I will admit, I was skeptical. KS2 is the only campaign I didn't back - picked up some caverns much later. I was too loyal to resin, didn't see KS2 as an improvement (spoiler - it wasn't).

But I'll go further - while I've loved what DF has done with KS, I've mostly taken some time to warm up to each campaign. Cities was the only time that, on Day 1, I was totally blown away and excited and couldn't wait to get my stuff. KS1 and 2 hewed so close to what I had in resin, I was mostly unmoved. Picked up the odd new piece, and some more durable variants on what I already had. But mainly I watched resin. Castles eventually won me over, but the cost and specificity of it kept me lukewarm until the end. And to be honest, it wasn't until I actually received my sets that my enthusiasm took off. DoD, when it first began, I was stinging from paying for Castles, and I thought "it's just dungeons with red columns." Only by the end was I really whipped into a frenzy. And here, it took me a little bit of time to fully appreciate how these new pieces work.

But I've fully been converted, and Darkhollow put me over the top. I haven't been this excited since cities. I want my stuff NOW. I want to see what it looks like to put other DF sets in a Forest. I want that cave mouth to lead to ROTA, to the DOE, to Catacombs. I want to build massive caverns. I want it all.

This is also the first campaign where I know I'm definitely going back for more. I kinda thought I'd go back for more city stuff, but it turned out I can do so much by combining cities and castles, that was never necessary. But I know I'm gonna want bigger caverns. I know I'm gonna want to pick up the stuff I couldn't afford this time. I hope the store is nicely stocked. Because I'm going as big as I can afford now - but I am keeping track of what I want NEXT, too!

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”